Jump to content
GingerCollins29

Ideal first 11 for next season...WHEN we stay up!

Recommended Posts

A lot of negativity with post like who would stay if we go down etc.

Who would your first 11 be after we have stayed up and invested with quality?

For me...

                             Heaton

Guilbert         ben white      mings     targett/                                                                antonee                                                                robinson

                           Kalvin phillips

                 Mcginn              grealish

Benrahma          samatta     felipe anderson

Admit that my knowledge of players/world football isnt great but would love to hear some suggestions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

A lot of negativity with post like who would stay if we go down etc.

Who would your first 11 be after we have stayed up and invested with quality?

For me...

                             Heaton

Guilbert         ben white      mings     targett/                                                                antonee                                                                robinson

                           Kalvin phillips

                 Mcginn              grealish

Benrahma          samatta     felipe anderson

Admit that my knowledge of players/world football isnt great but would love to hear some suggestions.

I like how you added philips. Anderson would be sweet also, I'd like Haller personally as well from West Ham.

Would love us to get Zaha or Ayew.

Leicester have a couple of players is like to snatch up, chillwell, Nacho, Pereira, Vardy. 

I'd like us to go grab Bournmouths Billing, he's a good player and would look like we have two clones on the pitch.

Keeper I'd actually buy Pepe and go with Heaton and Pepe next season.

Chelsea I like Emerson, Odoi, Willian, Jorginho would be a lovely CDM to have at Villa.

I can Dream I spose and who knows maybe our Owners will get real serious, because if we survive then thats the type of players we going to have to bring in if were to start challenging other premier teams and stop looking like a desperate survival team.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                            Heaton

Delaney   - Laursen - Mellberg - Bouma

                       Milner - Barry

               Young - Yorke - Grealish

                           Benteke

 

Squad:

Friedel, Ehiogu, Mings, Wright, Barrett, Staunton, Petrov, Boateng,  Solano , Merson, Carbone,  Angel, Milosovic, Carew.

 

Mandate of Heaven : McGrath

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

Cheeky bid for out-the-Juve-door Aaron Ramsey?

Good player but constantly injured, turning 30 and on massive wages.

4 separate injuries in half a season while at Juve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the midfield I'd want the following;

       Buendia McGinn Luiz
Benrahma                  Grealish

Lack of a DM, i know - but we would cause some serious problems for teams with this midfield. Entertaining AS ****!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

For the midfield I'd want the following;

       Buendia McGinn Luiz
Benrahma                  Grealish

Lack of a DM, i know - but we would cause some serious problems for teams with this midfield. Entertaining AS ****!

and if Grealish goes, I'd go for;

Benrahma McGinn Luiz Eze Buendia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love us to bring in Buendia or Benrahma, but we'd need to be careful that we don't teeter towards the West Ham mould of signing these fancy flair players with little thought to the defence behind them.

That team @Jay.P.A with a midfield 3 of Buendia, McGinn and Luiz would probably get overrun against all but the bottom 3 sides.

If Grealish is sold then I think Buendia would be a good replacement to slot into our side, and would leave another £40-50m to spend on other players.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if they win the league and conte stays then the fall out from inter could be interesting, they have a huge squad and will trim it somewhere, midfield being one of them, full back the other

barca would be the other with the new manager coming in, trimming of the old hugely expensive wage players and then promoting the decent young crop they have coming through, any that miss out on that promotion could make for a decent loan option 

lyon missing out on Europe turn some heads there 

so with that in mind sign messi, skrinair and aouer

or cherki, gouiri, Esposito, bastoni, agoume, politano, puig, fati, todibo, miranda and abel ruiz

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I'd love us to bring in Buendia or Benrahma, but we'd need to be careful that we don't teeter towards the West Ham mould of signing these fancy flair players with little thought to the defence behind them.

That team @Jay.P.A with a midfield 3 of Buendia, McGinn and Luiz would probably get overrun against all but the bottom 3 sides.

If Grealish is sold then I think Buendia would be a good replacement to slot into our side, and would leave another £40-50m to spend on other players.

Spot on, my team wouldn't be very defensive at all haha. 

Would be very exciting though on the attacking front. 

We really do need a top quality DM.

We also need great winger - and that should be Benrahma IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

Spot on, my team wouldn't be very defensive at all haha. 

Would be very exciting though on the attacking front. 

We really do need a top quality DM.

We also need great winger - and that should be Benrahma IMO. 

In the imaginary world where do do sign Benrahma and Buendia AND keep Grealish, I'd imagine Luiz would be the one to drop onto the bench from our strongest 11.

Let's say we could bring in an established Premier League defensive midfielder and plonk him next to McGinn in midfield, then that could give Grealish, Buendia, Benrahma & Samatta the licence to roam around them. But I'd imagine it's highly unlikely we would be able to bring in an established Prem DM (20-30m), Buendia (20-30m) & Benrahma (25-35m), while we also will want to improve our defensive options.

Personally, if we stay up and keep Grealish, I think we'll bring in the following:

1 back-up full back that can play left or right (Young, 'James Justin' type to push Targett for his leftback spot)

1 central defender (Hause replacement)

1 winger/ wide forward (eg: Benrahma/ Buendia. El Ghazi/Trez upgrade)

1 CM

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

In the imaginary world where do do sign Benrahma and Buendia AND keep Grealish, I'd imagine Luiz would be the one to drop onto the bench from our strongest 11.

Let's say we could bring in an established Premier League defensive midfielder and plonk him next to McGinn in midfield, then that could give Grealish, Buendia, Benrahma & Samatta the licence to roam around them. But I'd imagine it's highly unlikely we would be able to bring in an established Prem DM (20-30m), Buendia (20-30m) & Benrahma (25-35m), while we also will want to improve our defensive options.

Personally, if we stay up and keep Grealish, I think we'll bring in the following:

1 back-up full back that can play left or right (Young, 'James Justin' type to push Targett for his leftback spot)

1 central defender (Hause replacement)

1 winger/ wide forward (eg: Benrahma/ Buendia. El Ghazi/Trez upgrade)

1 CM

Absolutely spot on. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will be some fire sales at the clubs that end up in the bottom three, so I would start by having a little look at Cantwell & Buendia at Norwich, at Rice & Bowen at West Ham, at Webster & Maupay from Brighton and at Ake from Bournemouth. Likewise clubs that don't get promoted may be willing sellers, so I would look at Cairney at Fulham, Phillips at Leeds, at Benrhma and Watkins at Brentford and at Bellingham at Small Heath (just because we can and because it would so annoy them). I would look at adding 3-4 players costing £20m and upwards to our squad. Some of the names above are highly unrealistic targets, but that doesn't stop other clubs being linked with our captain.😉

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

A lot of negativity with post like who would stay if we go down etc.

Who would your first 11 be after we have stayed up and invested with quality?

For me...

                             Heaton

Guilbert         ben white      mings     targett/                                                                antonee                                                                robinson

                           Kalvin phillips

                 Mcginn              grealish

Benrahma          samatta     felipe anderson

Admit that my knowledge of players/world football isnt great but would love to hear some suggestions.

Guilbert wouldn't be in my starting 11 next season.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d go in full tilt for Kalvin Phillips if Leeds fail to get promoted. Ditto Benrama at Brentford. To get hold of Malang Sarr from France  would also be a coup. 
 

..........................Reina.........................

.........Konsa......Mings.....Sarr.............

Guilbert....................................Targett

.................Luiz.........Phillips...............

Benrama.........Samatta.........Grealish 

 

I actually don’t think we’re too many signings away from a very decent team, with the ability to play either 3 or 4 at the back seamlessly without different combinations in midfield 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

..........................Heaton.........................

.........Konsa......Mings....TBC.............

Guilbert....................................Targett

.................McGinn.........TBC...............

Benrama.........Hogan.........Grealish 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm always surprised we don't look at the Bundesliga more for attacking players. Unless it's the big two you're dealing with clubs will always sell for reasonable fees.

Watched Leverkusen-Dortmund at the weekend. Leon Bailey's stock has fallen a bit in last 18 months (he was only a sub). Came on and scored and has good pace so the sort of counter attacking player we need to improve the front 3.

Kevin Volland took his first goal very well, held off Hummels with ease. Close to a 1 in 2 record for Leverkusen. 27 so potential they'll want to cash in for him.

Those two are the sort of signings that would excite me and raise our starting 11 line up a fair bit imo.

Would also be looking at Clyne from Liverpool although he's had lots of injuries lately.

Edited by VillaChris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â