Ideal first 11 for next season...WHEN we stay up!

GingerCollins29

4 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I think we'll spend between £50-70m if we stay up.

I think spending will increase if we survive, it has to really if were to find real quality in big named stars. I mean it's the name that sells right and makes more money which has to count for something. I think when you buy players who we've brought in then the work is an even bigger task also. Added with the fact it takes players who have no experience of this league such a long time to make a name for themselves as well, that's even if they can hack it. Also not to mention the gell period can be longer, tells us if we survive that we would need to start buying players that are undoubtedly more experienced with the character we are after.

If we're to survive, then next season the Owners will want to put more money in and bring the big names in. Bring the big names not only makes us feel like were able to start challenging, but also give a more recognition to Aston Villa itself and states were ready to start fighting in this league for a real place higher up.

Grealish   Grealish

Grealish      Grealish   Grealish      Grealish

Grealish       Grealish   Grealish     Grealish

Grealish

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Hopefully we stay up and Bournemouth go down. Then we sign Billing. 

He bullied us the f*ck up didn't he?

Yup top of my list would be a big, powerful midfielder as well!

Followed by top quality fullbacks/competition.

Then a couple of top quality wingers/attacking mids.

A LCB in place of Hause.

4 - 5 quality additions could be a huge boost to this team.

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

If we stick with 5 at the back we need proper wingbacks

I actually think we got decent wingbacks. I think when the team gels further and with a bigger physical presence in midfield and maybe a better winger we'd see that both Targett and Guilbert becomes more consistent as well. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 2

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

I actually think we got decent wingbacks. I think when the team gels further and with a bigger physical presence in midfield and maybe a better winger we'd see that both Targett and Guilbert becomes more consistent as well. 

We need better crossing.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He bullied us the f*ck up didn't he?

He did. I've watched the match twice now and while we had bigger issues in the game, like standing off and generally not being at the races, our central midfield looked a bit shellshocked of Billing. 

Just now, HKP90 said:

We need better crossing.

For sure, but that goes for the entire team. If we stay up, I think making too many changes (again), will be a bad idea. 

I'd be happy if we bought in one young wingback that could rotate between right and left when needed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He did. I've watched the match twice now and while we had bigger issues in the game, like standing off and generally not being at the races, our central midfield looked a bit shellshocked of Billing. 

We also played right into their hands by lumping it up central when put under pressure instead of using the flanks.

No idea why we kept doing so, their tactics worked perfect and we didn't adjust or couldn't.

Billing was always going to win the balls in the air against our CM's so why give him the chance to do so.

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

For sure, but that goes for the entire team. If we stay up, I think making too many changes (again), will be a bad idea. 

I'd be happy if we bought in one young wingback that could rotate between right and left when needed. 

That’s fair. I’d want better crossing from both wingbacks, as they are your primary width. Plus if you have one wingback who can play on both wings, he’d need to be as good with both feet, cos cutting back will kill any momentum during the counter attack.

Heaton

Guilbert ,Konsa, Tuanzebe, Mings, Targett

Kalvin Phillips, McGinn

Benrahma/Jeremie Boga                  Grealish

Samatta/Wesley

Subs: The rest

Could probably do a bit of an upgrade on Elmo and Taylor of course.

If we stay up I reckon we'll drop £150m or so on 6-7 players. I'd really like two of them to be Kalvin Philips and Benrahma. I'd take Webster too if Brighton go down but I'd be equally happy with Tuanzebe. Two young and quality full backs to push Freddy and Targett (no idea who though), plus Eze from QPR to strengthen the squad. Striker situation really depends on how Samatta settles in for the rest of the season, but if that doesn't work out I'd like an out-and-out goal scorer to play between Jack and Benrahma in a front three. In my dreams Chelsea would spend 500m this summer and we break the bank to bring Tammy back... 

We could put a very competitive premier league team out with those additions.

Heaton

Guilbert/?      Webster/T'zebe       Mings       Targett/?

McGinn           Philips            Luiz

Benrahma        Tammy/?        Grealish

That's the team we wanted to build last summer. 

Edited by Awol
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Hopefully we stay up and Bournemouth go down. Then we sign Billing. 

He had his game of the season against us and if he went down with Bournemouth that would relegation twice in 2 seasons with 2 different teams

Â