Ideal first 11 for next season...WHEN we stay up!

GingerCollins29

13 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I like how you added philips. Anderson would be sweet also, I'd like Haller personally as well from West Ham.

Would love us to get Zaha or Ayew.

Leicester have a couple of players is like to snatch up, chillwell, Nacho, Pereira, Vardy. 

I'd like us to go grab Bournmouths Billing, he's a good player and would look like we have two clones on the pitch.

Keeper I'd actually buy Pepe and go with Heaton and Pepe next season.

Chelsea I like Emerson, Odoi, Willian, Jorginho would be a lovely CDM to have at Villa.

I can Dream I spose and who knows maybe our Owners will get real serious, because if we survive then thats the type of players we going to have to bring in if were to start challenging other premier teams and stop looking like a desperate survival team.

On a windup with half of these names surely.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

I’d go in full tilt for Kalvin Phillips if Leeds fail to get promoted. Ditto Benrama at Brentford. To get hold of Malang Sarr from France  would also be a coup. 

..........................Reina.........................

.........Konsa......Mings.....Sarr.............

Guilbert....................................Targett

.................Luiz.........Phillips...............

Benrama.........Samatta.........Grealish 

I actually don’t think we’re too many signings away from a very decent team, with the ability to play either 3 or 4 at the back seamlessly without different combinations in midfield 

McGinn?!

Heaton

Guilbert - Engels - Mings - Targett

NEW DM - Luiz

BENRAHMA - McGinn - Grealish

Samatta

Squad: Steer, Nyland, Konsa, Hause, NEW LB, NEW RB, Nakamba, NEW MC, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, BUENDIA, Barry, Davis, Wesley

U23 to give chances in cup/work with seniors: Vassilev, Ramsey.

So I have that as 6 new players? (Obviously any "NEW" player could be first team or squad, depending on who we signed.

Price estimates? (very rough)

Benrahma - 20-30m

Buendia - 40m

New DM - 30m

New LB - 20m

New RB - 20m

total spend - 130m - 150m.

Edited by MaVilla

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Heaton

NEW DM - Luiz

Benrahma - McGinn - Grealish

Samatta

Squad: Steer, Nyland, Konsa, Hause, NEW LB, NEW RB, Nakamba, NEW MC, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, BUENDIA, Barry, Davis, Wesley

So I have that as 6 new players? (Abviously any "NEW" player could be first team or squad, depending on who we signed.

Nakamba?

27 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Heaton

NEW DM - Luiz

BENRAHMA - McGinn - Grealish

Samatta

U23 to give chances in cup/work with seniors: Vassilev, Ramsey.

So I have that as 6 new players? (Obviously any "NEW" player could be first team or squad, depending on who we signed.

Price estimates? (very rough)

Benrahma - 20-30m

Buendia - 40m

New DM - 30m

New LB - 20m

New RB - 20m

total spend - 130m - 150m.

I don't think we'll spend as much as you're hoping. Not to mention the fact that you've got an extra Midfielder in your squad that you haven't added into the total spend.

I think we'll spend between £50-70m if we stay up and don't sell any of Mings/ Grealish/ McGinn/ Luiz. I'd love us to spend more, but I just can't see it.

9 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I don't think we'll spend as much as you're hoping. Not to mention the fact that you've got an extra Midfielder in your squad that you haven't added into the total spend.

I think we'll spend between £50-70m if we stay up and don't sell any of Mings/ Grealish/ McGinn/ Luiz. I'd love us to spend more, but I just can't see it.

i dunno, the owners obviously want to spend, IF we stay up i think they will splash the cash as much as they can while still being compliant with FFP etc.

i reckon the only reason we spent the 135m we did in the summer, was FFP compliance, if if stay up again we have the revenue again, and i reckon they would want to spend every penny they could.

Could be wrong, but ye, big IF, cus i think at the moment we are more likely to go down than stay up, then its a whole different ball game.

4 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Butland

Guilbert         Stones      Mings    Taylor

Declan Rice

Mcginn              grealish

Wilfrid Saha        Barry     Gareth Bale

BenchL:     Reina, Engels, Ramsey, Delafeau, lewandowski, Drinkwater

I've gone for a predominantly english spine with a few smatterings of creamy  forgien talent. My squad would piss the league because there's so many good dribblers in the team. The big names would ensure massive shirt sales and touts would charge 1k just for a place of the waiting list for a season ticket. and even our reserve games (featuring samatta, El Gazi, Hause etc would get 20k. Taylor gets the nod due to his welsh chemistry with the golfer.

You could get this team for about 250m. peanuts.

Neil Taylor at LB?

Edited by supermon

If we stay up, I'd expect to see us up our game in the transfer market and bring in some players who can make us more than a side battling relegation. 

Where do we need strengthening? I personally think the defence needs the most attention, going forward we're decent but could do with quality additions out wide and up front. I'd like to see proper competition at full back with players who can defend and attack. So an outlay of approx £100 on......

• 1 x CB
  • 1 x RB
  • 1 x LB
  • 1 x DM
  • 1 x RW
  • 1 x ST

That means six signings in my view. Not too knowledgeable about players outside the Prem apart from watching at World Cups etc, so I'll list mainly players I know.

CB - Christensen (not getting much game time at Chelsea and huge potential) - loan to buy

RB - Dumfries - £20m

LB - Rodriguez - £10m

DM - Phillips - £20m

RW - Benrahma, Shaqiri or Buendia - £20m

ST - Morelos or Batshuayi - £30m

That's another large outlay but necessary to make those improvements. I'd get rid of Taylor, Elmo, Kalinic, Hause, Jota, Lansbury, Steer.

Squad for next season:

GK: Reina, Heaton, Nyland

DF: Christensen, Mings, Engels, Konsa, Guilbert, Dumfries, Targett, Rodriguez

MF: Phillips, McGinn, Nakamba, Luiz, Hourihane

RW/LW/AM: Benrahma, Grealish, El Ghazi, Trezeguet

ST: Batshuayi, Samatta, Wesley, Davis, Borja, Vassilev

Return to 4 at the back and rotate the FBs:

Reina

Dumfries/Guilbert         Christensen              Mings            Targett/Rodriguez

Phillips

McGinn                 Luiz

Benrahma                                                                                                   Grealish

Batshuayi

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i dunno, the owners obviously want to spend, IF we stay up i think they will splash the cash as much as they can while still being compliant with FFP etc.

i reckon the only reason we spent the 135m we did in the summer, was FFP compliance, if if stay up again we have the revenue again, and i reckon they would want to spend every penny they could.

Could be wrong, but ye, big IF, cus i think at the moment we are more likely to go down than stay up, then its a whole different ball game.

Fair enough. I see what you're saying.

If our owners claims are to be believed, then we probably want to establish ourselves as a Top 10 side, at worst, which would require significant investment, so who knows, you might not be far off.

With our current reliance on the 3-4-3, I'm surprised you haven't put us down to buy another central defender though. ;)

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

If we stay up, I'd expect to see us up our game in the transfer market and bring in some players who can make us more than a side battling relegation. 

Where do we need strengthening? I personally think the defence needs the most attention, going forward we're decent but could do with quality additions out wide and up front. I'd like to see proper competition at full back with players who can defend and attack. So an outlay of approx £100 on......

• 1 x CB
  • 1 x RB
  • 1 x LB
  • 1 x DM
  • 1 x RW
  • 1 x ST

We'll do well to avoid relegation if we're only spending £100 on 6 new players

Just now, Rob182 said:

Fair enough. I see what you're saying.

If our owners claims are to be believed, then we probably want to establish ourselves as a Top 10 side, at worst, which would require significant investment, so who knows, you might not be far off.

With our current reliance on the 3-4-3, I'm surprised you haven't put us down to buy another central defender though. ;)

I could be wrong, but i think Deano is 99.9% set on 4-3-3, its seems his go to and default formation, i think the only reason we went 3-4-3 was after a meeting with the players (clear the air etc), and i would bet cash that the players said we need to play 3-4-3 due to the current players we have on the books etc, obviously deano prob agreed, but i dont think deano made the change off his own back.

I reckon, IF we stay up, and IF we buy some better players, he would revert back to 4-3-3 as soon as he possibly could.

just my opinion though.

22 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I could be wrong, but i think Deano is 99.9% set on 4-3-3, its seems his go to and default formation, i think the only reason we went 3-4-3 was after a meeting with the players (clear the air etc), and i would bet cash that the players said we need to play 3-4-3 due to the current players we have on the books etc, obviously deano prob agreed, but i dont think deano made the change off his own back.

I reckon, IF we stay up, and IF we buy some better players, he would revert back to 4-3-3 as soon as he possibly could.

just my opinion though.

Yep  - drama being in order to play 4 -3-3  you really have to have top quality mobile players. Were not going to be in a position just yet to attract those players. Deanos 4-3-3- style of play moving the ball around from the back thru midfield is seriously compromised in the premier league with the players he has at his disposal. So IF we stay up i still cant  see us adopting 4-3-3 every week . 

If deano didint make the recent  formation change im even more worried about our survival chances. 

5 hours ago, Tom13 said:

On a windup with half of these names surely.

Did you even read what I said properly, I don't think you did. I certainly don't see how someone saying they can dream of a list of players they like are on a windup, that's just being immature now.

Â