Ideal first 11 for next season...WHEN we stay up!

GingerCollins29

12 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He had his game of the season against us and if he went down with Bournemouth that would relegation twice in 2 seasons with 2 different teams

Think it's a complete fallacy to think a player can't be good enough because he's been relegated. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Think it's a complete fallacy to think a player can't be good enough because he's been relegated. 

I had this argument with someone this morning. I said there were 6/7 players I'd take from teams that could potentially get relegated. Just off the top of my head:
Doucoure
Delofeu
Rice
Buendia
Cantwell
Wilson
Billing
Aarons
Maupay

Most, if not all, would improve us. Nearly every team has a player in it where fans say 'he'd get into any other team in the league'. 

I really hope that if we get relegated, other teams think Grealish, McGinn and Mings aren't worth signing.. 

But yeh, if we stay up, my team (and I'm being extremely harsh here):

---------------------------Heaton--------------------------
------------Konsa------Mings------New-------------
New--------------------------------------------------New
---------------------McGinn----New--------------------
-----New----------------------------------Grealish-----
-----------------------------New----------------------------

You could arguably stick Targett/Guilbert in there but those are the positions we will be looking at. 
Personally, I'd love Cantwell, Phillips, Benrahma and Tuanzabe to start with 🙂

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You could arguably stick Targett/Guilbert in there but those are the positions we will be looking at. 

Not sure about Konsa either tbh :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Not sure about Konsa either tbh :)

Why? I think he's surpassed my expectations. Throwing deep players into the deep end kinda means we need to have patience as well. Wouldn't be surprised if he developed leaps and bounds from his first top flight season. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Why? I think he's surpassed my expectations. Throwing deep players into the deep end kinda means we need to have patience as well. Wouldn't be surprised if he developed leaps and bounds from his first top flight season. 

Not writing him off, just saying I'm not sure. 

For me he's been hit and miss just as expected. Don't think he was expected to feature as much as he has, hopefully it will have helped in his development.

Be delighted if he takes another step or 2 next season but it's far from a sure thing IMO.

How much better than Konsa is Tuanzebe? Really?

Tuanzebe did well for us with Mings last season, but Konsa also did well for Brentford, and hasn't disgraced himself this season for us.

I actually think Konsa could progress past Tuanzebe this year, and we should all stop fantasizing about bringing him in, when we have our own quality up-and-coming defender on our books.

I think Tuanzebe is starting to look a little injury-prone too. He's been injured for most of this season, and has only played 5 games for Man Utd when he has been fit.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

How much better than Konsa is Tuanzebe? Really?

Tuanzebe did well for us with Mings last season, but Konsa also did well for Brentford, and hasn't disgraced himself this season for us.

I actually think Konsa could progress past Tuanzebe this year, and we should all stop fantasizing about bringing him in, when we have our own quality up-and-coming defender on our books.

I think Tuanzebe is starting to look a little injury-prone too. He's been injured for most of this season, and has only played 5 games for Man Utd when he has been fit.

Tuanzebe should’ve left Man Utd at the end of last season

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In hindsight, yes, he should. But just like Tammy has been at Chelsea for donkeys years, Tuanzebe has been at Man Utd for ages also, so you can see why he thought this year could be his breakthrough.

If Tammy wasn't getting games for Chelsea then we'd be saying the same about him, but luckily for Tammy, he took his chance and did well. Unfortunately for Tuanzebe, his chances have been limited and not helped by niggling injuries.

• Like 1

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think if he had stayed fit, he'd be in their team by now. I heard an interview with the Man U correspondent from The Athletic and he said that had he not been injured so often he'd be playing regularly. Solskjaer thinks he very good. I mean Phil Jones has a decent number of games under his belt this season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

:D

Extremely harsh is probably an understatement!

I can't see us having the money to bring in 6 first team players that will be an upgrade on our current players.

I think, as you've partly said, you could actually slot Targett, Guilbert and Samatta into that team, and then spend £90m on Phillips, Benrahma and a new central defender. That team wouldn't be bad, and there could potentially be an extra £10-20m left, perhaps, to spend on a couple of 'up-and-coming' backups like a young full-back or a Cantwell.

------------Konsa------Mings--------Ake-------------
Guilbert----------------------------------------Targett
------------------McGinn----Phillips--------------------
-----Benrahma--------------------------Grealish-----
---------------------------Samatta-------------------------

(I've thrown Nathan Ake in (as a left-footed centreback) for example purposes only! I can't imagine he'd be available for £30m, even if Bournemouth go down).

We need to also consider that many of our current players will be much more comfortable in the league, and won't just be discarded.

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

:D

Extremely harsh is probably an understatement!

I can't see us having the money to bring in 6 first team players that will be an upgrade on our current players.

I think, as you've partly said, you could actually slot Targett, Guilbert and Samatta into that team, and then spend £90m on Phillips, Benrahma and a new central defender. That team wouldn't be bad, and there could potentially be an extra £10-20m left, perhaps, to spend on a couple of 'up-and-coming' backups like a young full-back or a Cantwell.

------------Konsa------Mings--------Ake-------------
Guilbert----------------------------------------Targett
------------------McGinn----Phillips--------------------
-----Benrahma--------------------------Grealish-----
---------------------------Samatta-------------------------

(I've thrown Nathan Ake in (as a left-footed centreback) for example purposes only! I can't imagine he'd be available for £30m, even if Bournemouth go down).

We need to also consider that many of our current players will be much more comfortable in the league, and won't just be discarded.

We won’t sign Ake, he’ll go to a Champions League club

I dont know who the 11 would be but i know it should NOT include at least the following and In no particular order

Hause

Drinkwater

El Ghazi

Trezeguet

Hourihane

Konsa

Nakamba

Taylor

Elmohamady

Quite simply not good enough and not up to the standard required

• Like 1

Hoping for four things:

a) We stay up b) Norwich go down c) Brentford don't come up d) Leeds don't come up

Heaton

Aarons  Konsa Mings Targett 

McGinn Phillips Grealish 

Buendia Samatta Benrahma 

Good strength in depth with El Ghazi, Wesley,  Davis, Trez, Luiz, Nakamba, Guilbert, Hause, Nyland, Engles, Connor to rotate in plus hopefully a new back up left back in Rico Henry maybe 

On 10/02/2020 at 17:11, GingerCollins29 said:

Win the cc and we have european football to offer

If we win the CC I will donate £100 to a charity of your choice....

I would also eat my hat, but I dont have a hat...

On 12/02/2020 at 14:55, sne said:

Not writing him off, just saying I'm not sure. 

For me he's been hit and miss just as expected. Don't think he was expected to feature as much as he has, hopefully it will have helped in his development.

Be delighted if he takes another step or 2 next season but it's far from a sure thing IMO.

Can't see why we paid £11m for a player who needs developing esp for our return to the prem. 

Â