Villan4Life

They are absolutely batshit insane fans. This thread is mental. One example:

Well that moment has ruined any legacy he had at our club.

what a f*****g melt. Bless him that he can’t deal with one fan giving him some verbals.

classless word removed”

https://griffinpark.org/forums/threads/ollie-watkins-aston-villa.134143/page-27

Points at one fan for getting a lot of abuse and has ruined his legacy.

@Brentfordnylons - your lot always this precious?!

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

They are absolutely batshit insane fans. This thread is mental. One example:

Well that moment has ruined any legacy he had at our club.

what a f*****g melt. Bless him that he can’t deal with one fan giving him some verbals.

classless word removed”

https://griffinpark.org/forums/threads/ollie-watkins-aston-villa.134143/page-27

Points at one fan for getting a lot of abuse and has ruined his legacy.

@Brentfordnylons - your lot always this precious?!

Like Young diving against us and many in here losing their minds?

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Like Young diving against us and many in here losing their minds?

I recognise that football fans are mostly ridiculous, but let’s actually consider what happened here…

…he celebrated a goal by singling out one fan who gave him some abuse and possibly shouted “**** you” to them.

No cheating on the pitch. No career threatening tackle. No Adebayor-esque running to the home stand and lauding it - pointing to one fan.

And for that, he deserves to break his leg and has tarnished his legacy with Brentford :D

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

Funny how two sets of fans see a game completely differently. According to one of their post-match podcasts, we're a bunch of diving cheats and they were well deserving of their lead until the red card. I thought they were fouling us at any opportunity and going in late on a lot of our players. Plus they had four shots all game despite getting in on the counter a fair few times. Ah well, I'll take yet another win that we apparently 'didn't deserve'... 

23 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Really surprised to see Brentford play and act like that today, I somehow thought they were better? So lucky to give at half-time 1-0 up considering the domination from Villa. Thought Brentford were very negative, ceding possession to Villa and tried to niggle and hit us on the break.

As for Frank bemoaning the ethos of the game which is a bit rich when you see Ben Mee trying to break Bailey's leg. No wonder the Villa players were slightly agitated, some of whom were at Villa when he practically ended Wesley's career.

As for the abuse directed at Watkins isn't it hilarious that he nets the winner. F*** them, nothing club went down in my estimations after today.

They have been a hoof ball team since they got promoted and even before they had Ben Mee they had another clearing in the woods in Pontus Jansson

• Like 3

11 hours ago, bobzy said:

Maybe we also called for Young to break his leg, I don’t remember.

I recognise that football fans are mostly ridiculous, but let’s actually consider what happened here…

…he celebrated a goal by singling out one fan and possibly shouting “**** you” to them.

No cheating on the pitch. No career threatening tackle. No Adebayor-esque running to the home stand and lauding it - pointing to one fan.

And for that, he deserves to break his leg and has tarnished his legacy with Brentford :D

There are some things on a football pitch that you just don't do. And staring down a man dressed as santa who has insulted your mum is one of them, apparently.

Edited by oishiiniku_uk
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

…he celebrated a goal by singling out one fan who gave him some abuse and possibly shouted “**** you” to them.

The point is it’s a matter of perspective. 

They are pissy about something we find trivial and I’m sure if the teams and players were reversed so would the reactions. 

Just now, Genie said:

The point is it’s a matter of perspective. 

They are pissy about something we find trivial and I’m sure if the teams and players were reversed so would the reactions. 

Yes, possibly true.

The Grealish thread is a fair reminder to all. Football fans are babies :D 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yes, possibly true.

The Grealish thread is a fair reminder to all. Football fans are babies :D 

It was talked about just 2 weeks ago what the reaction would be like should he score at VP 

There will always be an element of the fans that will give ex players dogs abuse no matter what and then be offended should they dare to celebrate 

What Ollie did was strange, don't think he disrespected them that much though, the bar is obviously adebayor... It wasn't a normal celebration it was obviously something very specific, running off celebrating like it was a goal vs anyone else would have been more of an insult - and even then who gives a ****? The whole don't celebrate stuff is bullshit 

• Like 1

F##k Brentford, they are a tinpot club, their supporters haven't got a clue and would probably be best off spending their time browsing the middle isle at Lidl instead of attending a football match. 

Their manager looks like some clown out of A-HA and to top it all off they have 2 of the biggest bell ends in football playing for them. 

I hope they all cry from now until their Christmas turkey about how Ollie 'disrespected' them. 

But thanks for the 3 points 😘

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

A few weeks ago I thought Spurs fans were just **** mental.

Last week I extended that to North London fans.

Now I've decided it's all of London.  Absolutely bonkers fanbases!

We've done a London clean sweep - I think we have rattled them!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

We've done a London clean sweep - I think we have rattled them!

i believe we're unbeaten in the capital in this calendar year. interested to see how many clubs have won at spurs at chelsea twice each in a calendar year too

amazing to think how many years i spent going to that place and never seeming to ever see us get a result

• Like 4

Don't think I've ever once looked at a Brentford forum and not going to change that habit tonight.

I respect what they've done over last decade and we obviously have links with them for taking DS and half their team not so long back but beyond that they just don't register a huge amount on my radar other than when we play them really.

16 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i believe we're unbeaten in the capital in this calendar year. interested to see how many clubs have won at spurs at chelsea twice each in a calendar year too

amazing to think how many years i spent going to that place and never seeming to ever see us get a result

Hope it continues into 2024. Fulham has become a real bogey ground for us in last 20 years, even in the days we used to take over the neutral stand. Then Palace on the final day, whatever form we're in I never have a good feeling about us at Selhurst, one of those grounds we're annually terrible on.

Â