Villan4Life

4 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

What a great end to our season dare I say while you are rightly celebrating on yours but we were only 2 points off Villa.I think you have the resources to push on and challenge the top 6 next season especially now you have a top manager who now’s how to navigate teams in cup competitions.We have shown yet again there will be life without Toney although we will miss Raya next season despite having signed his replacement already.Will be back at Villa for the 3 rd season on the trot never thought that would ever happen in the PL

You had a brilliant season really, and full credit to the manager. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Brain dead? How so? 

He's making no attempt to own what he's done, accusing people of being spiteful etc.

Simply not holding his hands up here at all. He's saying in the vid people know who he really is, that's completely irrelevant, he could be the nicest guy in the world but he's cocked up with the betting stuff. Zero excuses.

19 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Brain dead? How so? 

He should keep his head down and count his blessings he got such a soft ban.He don’t give a toss about Brentford it’s al, about him.Hope I never see him in a Brentford shirt again.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

He should keep his head down and count his blessings he got such a soft ban.He don’t give a toss about Brentford it’s al, about him.Hope I never see him in a Brentford shirt again.

Interesting.  Is the general opinion across your fan base? 

Interesting to see what is ahead for Brentford (and Brighton) they now have the pressure of instant progression and competing with the big boys. Fascinating to know if their systems work with these pressures when recruiting players and spending more.

Many teams have tried and failed after getting up towards the top of the table. Leicester the most recent rise and fall. Hard to crack and stay, easy to mess up.

We have often had that pressure due to the size of the club, and to be fair we've not necessarily been great at it.

Brentford first identified Johnson about 18 months back. Tried to sign him in that January but Forest kept him for promotion so was obviously a no go last summer so perhaps will be third time lucky.

Surely Forest won't sell though? His link up with Gibbs White was one of the few positive aspects to their play for most of the season and even though he has rough patches to his game double figures in prem was a very good return.

Forest selling him and signing Chris Wood is only going to get them relegated.

I don't see Johnson wanting to go to Brentford myself, if he is to move he will want it to be to a Newcastle/Spurs/Villa type of team. I think he will stick around at Forest for now.  Schade is a decent signing for Brentford, made a good impact from Jan onwards and German international who will improve with time

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27/09/2023 at 13:01, Indigo said:

Obvious caveat that Transfermarkt valuations can be a bit wayward, but interesting all the same.

I know Brentford have done very well on a limited budget, but outside of Toney, and possibly Rico Henry and Mbeumo is there anyone in their squad that has real quality? I guess Pinnock and Ajer are decent centre backs? Seems to me like they have a lot of average players who work well for the system they have. Not sure many would sell for significant profit. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

I know Brentford have done very well on a limited budget, but outside of Toney, and possibly Rico Henry and Mbeumo is there anyone in their squad that has real quality? I guess Pinnock and Ajer are decent centre backs? Seems to me like they have a lot of average players who work well for the system they have. Not sure many would sell for significant profit. 

They have pretty decent quality throughout that they paid nothing for as well. That adds up.

Those three big clones they have in midfield. Norgaard, Jensen and Janelt. They could probably sell each of them for at least £20m each. Don't think any of them cost more than £5m.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

They have pretty decent quality throughout that they paid nothing for as well. That adds up.

Those three big clones they have in midfield. Norgaard, Jensen and Janelt. They could probably sell each of them for at least £20m each. Don't think any of them cost more than £5m.

I guess so. Not players that get you to excited though. Brentford feel like a modern day Stoke to me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

I guess so. Not players that get you to excited though. Brentford feel like a modern day Stoke to me. 

Yeah I think they realised you can compete pretty well doing whatever if you're not idiots like Man Utd and Everton.

What they're doing on the pitch is the cheapest option at the moment and they're paying off a new stadium.

• Like 1

Â