Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

Dunno he had some tough games last year. He came back from two sets down in one match. I think with Nadal out, its opened it up for Federer. I think Murray may beat him though especially if it stays dry.

That bloke who beat Nadal has withdrew from the tournament through injury. Unlucky.

ew would be better of using an 'awn' in that sentence, squire.

Just looking at today's results. #2 seed Azarenka gives her opponent a walkover. Nadal's victor, Mr. Darcis, gives his opponent a walkover. #18 seed Isner retires. Stepanek retires. They're falling like flies!

Hope this Dusty Brown lad wins, was watching him at lunch he's cool. 

But Federer has a void of anything dangerous until he faces Murray in Semis. Highest seed left on his side is 15th seeded Almagro, a clay court player. 

Murray could have a tricky one against Tsonga if he serves well. Djokovic has Berdych in quarters who beat Djoko in 2010 semi, while Delpo could prove tricky in semi as he beat Djoko in Olympics bronze medal playoff. 

Murray v Federer nailed on, Murray will certainly get there. Fed could be beaten by a young energetic guy somewhere along the way if his form lapses.

Djok v Murray will be the final I think, couldn't pick a winner though!

4 walkovers and 3 retirements so far today and that obviously doesn't include crocked athletes who went the distance and lost. Like Sharapova appears to be doing. This seems like a much higher rate of attrition than usual.

Â