Relegation thread

Knutserov13

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

If it wasn't for their managers being Arteta and Ancelotti I would have little faith in Arsenal and Everton giving us the results we want. But, with those two guys in charge of their clubs I have confidence in them doing a professional job on their opponents.

Remember, players at both Arsenal and Everton are playing for their futures in a profession that is going through very uncertain times. Both managers will want to bring their own players in if possible. My only concern with Arsenal is if they rest Aubameyang, Lacazette, Pepe, Ceballos etc. Watford are a physical side when they want to be and might bully the Arsenal youngsters who are wanting a game at Wembley so they may win a few more challenges than normal. 

Villa have to go into our game with an obsession of winning it. If we win we are pretty much safe for as much as Watford could cause an upset there is no way they win by 3 at the Emirates. The one thing Villa can't be accused of is giving in. They've fought all season and it's a good sign for us going into that final game. 

I was pleased they mentioned that on MOTD. As we've got deeper in the shi* we've just looked more together if anything and played even harder. 

6 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

If it wasn't for their managers being Arteta and Ancelotti I would have little faith in Arsenal and Everton giving us the results we want. But, with those two guys in charge of their clubs I have confidence in them doing a professional job on their opponents.

Remember, players at both Arsenal and Everton are playing for their futures in a profession that is going through very uncertain times. Both managers will want to bring their own players in if possible. My only concern with Arsenal is if they rest Aubameyang, Lacazette, Pepe, Ceballos etc. Watford are a physical side when they want to be and might bully the Arsenal youngsters who are wanting a game at Wembley so they may win a few more challenges than normal. 

Villa have to go into our game with an obsession of winning it. If we win we are pretty much safe for as much as Watford could cause an upset there is no way they win by 3 at the Emirates. The one thing Villa can't be accused of is giving in. They've fought all season and it's a good sign for us going into that final game. 

I thought Arteta looked like a rabbit in the headlights to be honest. players didn't seem that motivated - it would surprise me if he survives next season.

Watford I think will be motivated - the chaos will only kick in if things start to go against them 

9 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I mean, this Watford side beat in form, title-winning Liverpool 3-0 to hand them their first defeat of the season. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility.

Saying that, I’m actually probably more concerned about Bournemouth. Everton looked like they were just going through the motions vs. us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Anyone going to avoid the game and find out afterwards? 

Much worse than watching it, I prefer to watch the games rather than the other way round.

Even when Bournemouth played Southampton, I slept a bit then woke upto watch the game. Couldn’t handle the nerves by leaving it. Although watching it brings nerves too.

Reading an Arsenal forum, the appetite for their game is very low and almost unanimous opinion that they should play the second XI. Only a forum but I hope that is not even close to the reality. That would be a sucker punch.

For our game maybe Snodgrass can get them all leathered for us on Saturday! 

37 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

I mean, this Watford side beat in form, title-winning Liverpool 3-0 to hand them their first defeat of the season. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility.

Saying that, I’m actually probably more concerned about Bournemouth. Everton looked like they were just going through the motions vs. us.

That was a very different Watford side.

1 minute ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Reading an Arsenal forum, the appetite for their game is very low and almost unanimous opinion that they should play the second XI. Only a forum but I hope that is not even close to the reality. That would be a sucker punch.

Aren't there rules about that ? - not that its easy to prove with the big clubs 

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think I agree... but surely they must, even subconsciously think since it’s all over they can take their foot off the gas a little? Maybe not. 
I think it will be a tough game, and tough for us fans too

Agree, it’s probably the toughest out of three games. It will depend how Moyes sets up, he’s not going to sit back and counter like they did against Manure. Smith will need to get his tactics right and we need to play for 90min.

Had a look on a Man City forum before their game with Watford and they were saying exactly the same thing, what fans think should happen and what actually happens are often two very different things. Arsenal won't want to go into the Watford game too weak, because they won't want to go into the cup final having lost two games in a row to two poor teams such as us and Watford, that would do no good for their confidence at all.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

They can still move up a place in the league which is worth money to them which they need with no CL football and players on huge wages there.The higher then finish /better then perform the more Arteta can argue for reinforcements 

He is not going to play a weakened side as they are team still adapting to his ways and more game them they get the better prepared for the cup final.He may rest some but its not going to be a bunch of kids out.

Bournemouth will have to win by 3 clear goals and bank on us and Watford losing though. Stranger things have happened but Everton look in good form currently. 

Edited by The_Steve

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Bournemouth will have to win by 3 clear goals and bank on us and Watford losing though. Stranger things have happened but Everton look in good form currently. 

If we and Watford lose, Bournemouth can win 1-0 can’t they?

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Anyone going to avoid the game and find out afterwards? 

The pussy side of me is tempted to switch my phone off for a couple of hours from 4 pm, watch a film with the other half then ask her to look at the scores exactly two hours later for me and give me the bad or (hopefully|) good news.

But the devil in me is thinking of booking Monday off work, going to a pub for 12, singing my first Villa song at 2, fresh by 4, leathered by 6 and hopefully out celebrating till the early hours of the morning then coming home to the wrath of my extremely annoyed bird whom I told it's "just a steady one".

Decisions, decisions...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I might be wrong but I think you may be interpreting that if points are equal then it goes on goals scored, which it does, but only after goal difference.

15 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Any Bournemouth win and villa loss will see us relegated 

• Like 1