Relegation thread

Knutserov13

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think davis has to start tonight.  You nedd players to bullg arsenals back four. I know Smith doesnt like it, but he really needs to play two up top tonight.

For me this is a clear no-brainer. Surely Smith sees it too.

42 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Until he faces us again, no doubt.

The likes of him, Gayle and Ings might as well form their own team to play practice matches again us.

Put them together with players who haven't scored a goal in years, and ex players and it will be one hell of a sessh.

Break Your Ducks FC

You're forgetting Shane Long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Aurora's Encore came home at 80/1 shortly after this. Good times.

I'd forgotten about Lowton, Was he the one who's missus wouldn't let him go past Milton Keynes?.. 

Lego Ron I'd also forgotten about as well. 

19 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Trezeguet surely can’t start after that performance against Everton

Been saying that every game!

Dean would have some balls of steel starting El Ghazi. Who does that leave you? Vassilev? Talk about pressure. 

Just now, MCU said:

Been saying that every game!

Dean would have some balls of steel starting El Ghazi. Who does that leave you? Vassilev? Talk about pressure. 

Tbh I’d rather el ghazi he gets into positions in the box just he can’t finish most of them 😆 We need some pace on the wing vassilev from what I’ve seen isn’t quick 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Yep no to two up front. Need the 3 in midfield.

Can Vassilev do a job on the wing? Surely he can't be any worse than Trezeguet.

‘Surely he cant be any worse’ is the worst and most annoying piece of ‘logic’ that Villa fans spout.

He can be MUCH worse. Shall we play one of the under 7s because they can’t be much worse either?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

‘Surely he cant be any worse’ is the worst and most annoying piece of ‘logic’ that Villa fans spout.

He can be MUCH worse. Shall we play one of the under 7s because they can’t be much worse either?

Can you get MUCH worse than Trezeguet's performance VS Everton? It was horrific. I'm not talking about the under 7s mate, I'm talking about someone who's made first team appearances and looked decent.

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Can you get MUCH worse than Trezeguet's performance VS Everton? It was horrific. I'm not talking about the under 7s mate, I'm talking about someone who's made first team appearances and looked decent.

Can you get MUCH worse than el ball grabber himself ? 

Least Trez actually tries and sometimes scores. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

For me this is a clear no-brainer. Surely Smith sees it too.

I see the opposite, think Trez AND AEG will start. DS will give El Ghazi a rocket to make up for his bad miss and he did actually play well at the Emirates, lovely cross for the McGinn goal.

Think that would leave us too light centrally though, would rather go in with three CMs and Grealish floating as Arsenal will have just Ceballos and Xhaka so we can at least outnumber then in that area.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

decent is a stretch. not slating the lad, but he looked a long way off premiership quality from what i saw.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Mantis said:

So if we win tonight and Watford lose by a few goals (but ifs I know), all we'll have to do in the last game is simply match Watford's result?

Watford lose by three tonight and we get any sort of one goal win and we'll go above them on goals scored.

Then for final day yeah Watford need to better our result by a goal e.g. we beat West Ham 1-0, they need to beat Arsenal 2-0. If they lose 1-0 they need us to lose 2-0.

As I've said before if Watford lose tonight 3/4 nil we need to get Dave Boulton on PA to read out the result as they're coming off from the warm up as there's the team talk done right there.

1 hour ago, PaddytheVillan said:

When the two up front are Davis and Samatta I'd be hesitant. Both have looked poor, and it would mean dropping one of Hourihane or McGinn, who are both more likely to get us a goal. 

I'd play Davis on his own. 

Maybe because they are not suited to playing one up front is what this suggests to me

32 minutes ago, Mantis said:

So if we win tonight and Watford lose by a few goals (but ifs I know), all we'll have to do in the last game is simply match Watford's result?

Yes as long as bournmouth dont win by a significant amount of goals i think