Relegation thread

Knutserov13

5 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I'm so nervous already. I hope the boys are fired up for it today. 

i was actually more nervous for everton. it really felt must win after bournemouth had just beaten leicester and performed ok vs city. west ham and watford both won the previous weekend too. tonight there are permutations that have us staying up even with a narrow loss

i'll potentially be more nervous watching the watford game

The only hope of closing the goal difference gap to Watford lays with Man City giving Watford a bit of a seeing to. A 4 goal winning margin for Man City this evening would be just the job! It’ll be interesting to see how Pearson’s sacking affects the Watford team, will they be like a bird released? I don’t expect to see that. They were as good as gone before Pearson rocked up, and they’ve looked to me to have the necessary fight in them to get results when really needed under Pearson. We’ll see very soon if it was an inspired sacking. 
I still think we need to win both our remaining games.

1 minute ago, OxfordVillan said:

The only hope of closing the goal difference gap to Watford lays with Man City giving Watford a bit of a seeing to. A 4 goal winning margin for Man City this evening would be just the job! It’ll be interesting to see how Pearson’s sacking affects the Watford team, will they be like a bird released? I don’t expect to see that. They were as good as gone before Pearson rocked up, and they’ve looked to me to have the necessary fight in them to get results when really needed under Pearson. We’ll see very soon if it was an inspired sacking. 

a lot rests on what watford do. of course we still need to do our job, but it really will be interesting to see their approach last 2 games. they really look like a club in complete turmoil and sounds like a lot of players still want out in spite of manager leaving. it doesn't sound like he was really the problem

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i was actually more nervous for everton. it really felt must win after bournemouth had just beaten leicester and performed ok vs city. west ham and watford both won the previous weekend too. tonight there are permutations that have us staying up even with a narrow loss

i'll potentially be more nervous watching the watford game

I’ll enjoy watching the Man City vs Watford game, I only get emotionally invested with Villa games! So I can watch the Watford game quite relaxed. I’m interested to see the affect on Watford from the Pearson sacking. I just can’t see how it can help Watford in any way.

30 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Also it's touch an go if Deeney will be fit to play?

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Also it's touch an go if Deeney will be fit to play?

He'll come off the bench I reckon. From what I saw the other night he couldn't have more than 15-20 minutes in him.

7 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

He'll come off the bench I reckon. From what I saw the other night he couldn't have more than 15-20 minutes in him.

He's finished.

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Until he faces us again, no doubt.

The likes of him, Gayle and Ings might as well form their own team to play practice matches again us.

Put them together with players who haven't scored a goal in years, and ex players and it will be one hell of a sessh.

Break Your Ducks FC

Don't forget Jay Rodriguez.

• Like 1

Reality check guys. Man City and Arsenal have both lost 9 league games this season. Watford could get something out of the game quite easily, they are not bad at home hammering us and even beating the champions Liverpool. Arsenal are on a little high unfortunately after two cracking results lately including one against the aforementioned Man City. It’s going to be a season defining night but make sure you have plenty of tissues and alcohol to hand.

3 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Reality check guys. Man City and Arsenal have both lost 9 league games this season. Watford could get something out of the game quite easily, they are not bad at home hammering us and even beating the champions Liverpool. Arsenal are on a little high unfortunately after two cracking results lately including one against the aforementioned Man City. It’s going to be a season defining night but make sure you have plenty of tissues and alcohol to hand.

I have visions of Deeney on the sidelines tonight with his subs coat on doing a Terryesque style of trying to manage the players and coaching the team.

(European Cup standing behind Di Matteo)

Edited by AvfcRigo82

2 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

pants on the head and pencils up the nose and go wibble time

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

I have visions of Deeney on the sidelines tonight with his subs coat on doing a Terryesque style of trying to manage the players and coaching the team.

the thought is vomit inducing

• Haha 1