Relegation thread

Knutserov13

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Well we need to do something we've been unable to do all season.

Beat a big team. 34-35 pts won't be enough because of GD

City could hammer Watford. 34 might do. Didn't think it would but this is a crazy finish.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I agree. But I also tend to think of the point we got when for the first time in its existence hawkeye missed a ball crossing the line by about a foot. 

Equaled up the point we were robbed against Crystal Palace.

Now just another 100 wrongs to right. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Equaled up the point we were robbed against Crystal Palace.

Now just another 100 wrongs to right. 

Yeah VARs pointless. A load of injustices been replaced by a load of injustices via VAR. It's not fit for purpose. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

City could hammer Watford. 34 might do. Didn't think it would but this is a crazy finish.

3 goal defeat for Watford is what we need. Would put them to -26 so we'd go above them and 17th with any win v Arsenal. If Bournemouth don't win of course.

Easy easy.....

The biggest game this weekend for me is Saints vs Bournemouth. We need Soton to do us a favour after completely owning us this season. If Bournemouth lose, we know going into the Arsenal game that it's in our own hands and we have to do everything we can to win. Literally nothing to lose and all to gain.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, John said:

Just did the predictor and put in the following results:

Bournemouth: Southampton 2-2 & Everton 1-1 (33 points)

Watford: Manchester City 1-3 & Arsenal 1-3 (34 points)

Villa: Arsenal 1-1 & West Ham 2-1 (34 Points)

That would leave us level on goal difference with Watford, but we would stay up having scored more goals than they have (currently we have scored 39 to their 34).

Wouldn't that be fun? A team that struggles to score goals, staying up because we've scored more goals than our fellow relegation candidates (Bournemouth have only scored 37 too, by the way).

Staying up on 34 points, with the same points as Troy's boys, because we are by comparison a free scoring team. Delightful, make it so, it would be such fun for everyone! :flag::cheers: 

This would be funny but a draw and a win for us would put us on 35, not 34.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John said:

Just did the predictor and put in the following results:

Bournemouth: Southampton 2-2 & Everton 1-1 (33 points)

Watford: Manchester City 1-3 & Arsenal 1-3 (34 points)

Villa: Arsenal 1-1 & West Ham 2-1 (34 Points)

That would leave us level on goal difference with Watford, but we would stay up having scored more goals than they have (currently we have scored 39 to their 34).

Wouldn't that be fun? A team that struggles to score goals, staying up because we've scored more goals than our fellow relegation candidates (Bournemouth have only scored 37 too, by the way).

Staying up on 34 points, with the same points as Troy's boys, because we are by comparison a free scoring team. Delightful, make it so, it would be such fun for everyone! :flag::cheers: 

You got one thing wrong, that would get us to 35 points.

Anyway, we'll know more before our game with Arsenal as we'll play after everyone. Hopefully good defeats for Bournemouth and Watford.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MCU said:

This would be funny but a draw and a win for us would put us on 35, not 34.

Yes, I know I got a a little carried away and had difficulty putting us to lose against Arsenal. I've changed it now.  :cheers:

Edited by John