Relegation thread

Knutserov13

Just now, MaVilla said:

sounds like grasping at straws mate.

But I understand the hope.

Let's be real, we are done, we can't hold leads, we won't be able to against arsenal, even if we did score.

Why people making out this Arsenal team are world beaters.  We should have beat them in London only for dodgy VAR

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

Why people making out this Arsenal team are world beaters.  We should have beat them in London only for dodgy VAR

Why are people making out like they believe villa are capable of beating even a poor arsenal team???

Three points from safety with two games to go, I haven't much confidence in us getting four or six points from the next two games, but it's not over yet. If we'd have drawn with Palace and beat Everton, people would be saying that we've given ourselves a chance.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

December 1998 was last time we beat arsenal at villa park. 

So good omens  for us 😞

Ah, the Santa match. I remember it fondly. 2-0 down at half time I think.  

Edited by blunther
  • Like 1

In theory we could survive from a draw against arsenal and a win versus WHam, but its such a slim chance that we basically need 6 points from the remaining 6.

There is more chance of el ghazi scoring a sitter that that though, so we are basically done barring a miracle.

Edited by MaVilla

Just now, useless said:

Three points from safety with two games to go, I haven't much confidence in us getting four or six points from the next two games, but it's not over yet. If we'd have drawn with Palace and beat Everton, people would be saying that we've given ourselves a chance.

Yep - 4 points from the last 2 compared to fark all from previous 3 would normally be a good thing. I get the anxiety but we have a shot in the next 2. 

9 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Never dull being a villa fan at least. Why we couldn’t play like we we are now at the beginning of the season we’d be a top 12 team easy.

We wouldn't be though because we don't kill teams off.

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I know its over but West Ham win is preferable tomorrow as Watford more likely to lose last 3 games. Need Bournemouth to lose their two and us to try for 4 points or something

so frustrating, we had those points in our butterfingers ffs

Bournemouth could be the real problem now. They are playing well and have Southampton and Everton to come. They have at least one win there on form.

Watford could lose all three of their remaining games and there is a real chance that their goal difference could crash to worse than ours so 34 points COULD be enough but jeez that will be tight. Could really do with a result against Arsenal now ..... somehow !

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 2