Generic Virus Thread

villakram

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fwiw whilst I didn’t agree with all your posts I think some of the comments back to you were way over the top and I can see how it could have wound you up. There’s ways to respectably disagree with people and explain why without patronising comments. 

Maybe, so , but it was petty stuff said back to me. I was much more insensitive about a touchy subject. 

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Have a listen to some dub on the way home and you’ll chill riiiiiiight out.

I’ll do you a mixtape.

If you send me any dub I’ll send you some Rainbow and the greatest band to come out of wales , The Mighty Budgie .

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

@Rugeley Villa do your kids use TTRockstars or purple mash? These are online maths sites made more fun. My kids have an account through their  school.

Obviously it’s early days but whilst there’s no online teacher led learning they have sent over a bunch of PDF’s with activities to do and set them activities on those 2 maths sites. It’s a reasonable mix of reading, writing, maths and problem solving. 
All they can do is keep the children’s brains ticking over until the restart. It’s not possible to really teach them new stuff.

Yes mate they use them a lot and during the first lockdown . They are really good .

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

You need to get with the program, Ruge. He's a lying **** word removed.

Most politicians are untrustworthy. Why would he deliberately say something knowing that the following day he’s going to change it? It doesn’t make sense. Just stupid mistakes which should be easily avoided. Thing is most people on here hate him so he’s fair game .

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Most politicians are untrustworthy. Why would he deliberately say something knowing that the following day he’s going to change it? It doesn’t make sense. Just stupid mistakes which should be easily avoided. Thing is most people on here hate him so he’s fair game .

I guess there’s two options isn’t there. One option is that he lies over and over again.

The second option is as you say that his lies are stupid mistakes so he makes stupid mistakes over and over again.

He’s either a liar or completely incompetent. I’d actually argue that both options are pretty good descriptions of the man but either one is pretty indefensible for a Prime Minister.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Because he is a liar.

He is an inveterate liar.

He lies for a living.

He's a liar.

Why would he lie? Because he's a liar.

You need to actually listen to what he says, has said, does say, will say - he lies. He's a **** **** liar.

Haha ok he’s a liar . What’s baffling me is why he’d deliberately lie to make himself look stupid . The backtracking at Xmas I understood, but all these other things just don’t make sense to me . Saying on Sunday send your kids to school as normal it’s ok , then following day closing them . Etc etc.... who’s advising him? 

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

I guess there’s two options isn’t there. One option is that he lies over and over again.

The second option is as you say that his lies are stupid mistakes so he makes stupid mistakes over and over again.

He’s either a liar or completely incompetent. I’d actually argue that both options are pretty good descriptions of the man but either one is pretty indefensible for a Prime Minister.

Got no hatred towards him if being honest, although was surprised he ended up pm. Was never an easy job with brexit/COVID , but, yes the contradictions are beyond baffling. 

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

What’s baffling me is why he’d deliberately lie to make himself look stupid .

Because there will be people out, before the dust has settled, defending him because he's 'doing a difficult job'.

Which may not completely describe what you said but isn't too far off the mark.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

This is why these words removed will win again. 

• Like 3

He does not care that we know he's a liar. That's why he does it. All the time for years and years.

Just like Cummings didn't care that we knew he was lying about his road trip.

Just like Hancock lies continually over track and trace. He does not care.

They're corrupt. Not incompetent.

Might help a few out?.. 

BBC Free Education Offer to all Primary and Secondary Children, Teachers and Parents 

The BBC is to deliver the biggest education offer in its history across more of its platforms. It will bring together BBC Two, CBBC, BBC Red Button, BBC iPlayer and online to deliver a new education offer to children, teachers and parents as a third national lockdown begins.

Reacting quickly to the news of UK schools moving to remote learning, the new offer from the BBC will ensure all children can access curriculum-based learning, even if they don’t have access to the internet.

Starting on Monday 11 January, each week day on CBBC will see a three-hour block of primary school programming from 9am, including BBC Live Lessons and BBC Bitesize Daily, as well as other educational programming such as Our School and Celebrity Supply Teacher and much loved titles such as Horrible Histories, Art Ninja and Operation Ouch. 

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/bbc-free-education-offer-to-all-primary-and-secondary-children-teachers-and-parents-3641226?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=position_1_image&utm_campaign=2021-01-06 

• Like 2

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9120539/amp/Coronavirus-lockdown-UK-Parents-urged-report-childs-school-Ofsted.html

Schools were warned yesterday they risk facing inspections if their online lessons are not up to scratch.

Gavin Williamson said they had a legal obligation to give ‘high-quality remote education’ to pupils stuck at home. And he advised parents to complain about poor provision and go to Ofsted if still unsatisfied.

Paul Whiteman of the NAHT said it was disgraceful that the Government should so quickly start threatening schools about the quality of their remote learning.

He added: ‘Schools are keeping going in the most extreme circumstances right now – support is needed to overcome the challenges they face, not threat or sanction.’

Edited by Rugeley Villa

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9120539/amp/Coronavirus-lockdown-UK-Parents-urged-report-childs-school-Ofsted.html

Schools were warned yesterday they risk facing inspections if their online lessons are not up to scratch.

Gavin Williamson said they had a legal obligation to give ‘high-quality remote education’ to pupils stuck at home. And he advised parents to complain about poor provision and go to Ofsted if still unsatisfied.

Paul Whiteman of the NAHT said it was disgraceful that the Government should so quickly start threatening schools about the quality of their remote learning.

He added: ‘Schools are keeping going in the most extreme circumstances right now – support is needed to overcome the challenges they face, not threat or sanction.’

This is completely ridiculous from Gavin Williamson to be honest. Teachers could have been told at the start of the 2 week Christmas break that they would be closing schools. Instead he's chosen to tell them with next to no notice that this is the case. Having done this he is now advising parents to pile on the stress for the teachers by complaining to them and then to Ofsted if they are unsatisfied. How does anybody continue to support what the people running our country are doing? They don't act like any normal human being would and seem to have a lack of empathy and understanding for everybody given the circumstances that people are trying to get by in.

Asking parents to support schools trying to get used to a new way of remote learning should be a given. The fact that there are sizeable numbers of kids still in schools (even in comparison with earlier lockdowns) makes me think that there are a lot of parents who see school as a way to get rid of the kids in the week and not to have to particularly concern themselves with the education that their kids are getting. 

• Like 3

Â