Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

And Rugeley has nothing to do with your ignorant comments either . 

I mean, it does.

You elected a Tory MP, and instead of questioning the government for the way the school situation has gone, you're attacking the school, who are 150% doing their best in a ridiculously tough time. Next time you'll probably elect a Tory MP again, and still be attacking schools for doing their jobs.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

I can understand where you’re coming from to a degree. I get it’s not ideal as a parent and the situation is poor, I’m sure there is more than meets the eye regards to the teachers at your kids school.

my wife is a teacher, has worked even harder since the pandemic started doing online lessons, preparing worksheets, she even started her own YouTube channel and put lessons on there! Schools are getting guidance from government very late. (For anything to be implemented on a Monday, they’re getting the notice from gov on Friday night) Teachers unfortunately are getting the brunt of it all.

have you reached out to your kids school regarding work being set?

Look I know how much work goes into teaching. I’ve seen it first hand. I’m just angry at many things with one of them being my child’s education which will be effected for months again and the mental health of the household. 

My wife emailed them an appropriate email and heard nothing as of yet 

My wife emailed them an appropriate email and heard nothing as of yet 

Disgusting, truly disgusting. 

Teachers, not only working longer hours than most, also putting their lives on the line, have better things to do than read such petty, entitled bile.

I'm truly surprised you weren't told to go **** yourself by them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I mean, it does.

You elected a Tory MP, and instead of questioning the government for the way the school situation has gone, you're attacking the school, who are 150% doing their best in a ridiculously tough time. Next time you'll probably elect a Tory MP again, and still be attacking schools for doing their jobs.

Not everyone voted Tory though did they. Not sure how long it’s been Tory for but it’s an old mining town which is surprising , but then again the state of the opposition ...

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Disgusting, truly disgusting. 

Teachers, not only working longer hours than most, also putting their lives on the line, have better things to do than read such petty, entitled bile.

I'm truly surprised you weren't told to go **** yourself by them.

How easily offended you are. What’s disgusting about sending an email asking whether there will be online teaching this time round? Jesus Christ, get a grip. 

How easily offended you are. What’s disgusting about sending an email asking whether there will be online teaching this time round? Jesus Christ, get a grip. 

They have much more important things to be doing than answering stupid emails from entitled parents.

3 minutes ago, JB said:

I’d like to see anyone who says that all teachers “should” be streaming all lessons live online to 20-30 kids, like I’ve been doing all day today, come and **** try it themselves for 10 **** minutes and then we’ll see what their ‘opinions’ are. 

It arguably needs to be done but there are so many things that make it a completely impractical **** nightmare. 

So what’s the best solution? Not saying it’s easy , but it’s the only way forward. Parents shouldn’t be expected to do it on their own 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

So what’s the best solution? Not saying it’s easy , but it’s the only way forward. Parents shouldn’t be expected to do it on their own 

I don’t know to be honest. But being sat in front of a computer screen for several hours a day isn’t good for the kids, either. 

My kids school primary school arent doing anything apart from a few worksheets on the website. It’s shit but I guess you get what you pay for. I can understand they are under a lot of pressure. 

However I was told today I’m eligible for my daughter to go back to school. I’m thinking she went to school from September to December and was fine so now with smaller class sizes and even more safety measures in place I’ll send her back a few days a week.

10 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not sure if you seen but BBC are starting learning programs from Monday. Better than nothing. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JB said:

I don’t know to be honest. But being sat in front of a computer screen for several hours a day isn’t good for the kids, either. 

Agreed and I doubt they take much away from it long term.

Personally,  I would keep them all engaged and as focused as possible but make it clear towards the end of the lockdown that every single child re-does the complete year as much as possible. They will never catch up,  not in a million years if they even try it.

Takes the pressure off and solves a few other problems at the same time.  They will have proper exams to work towards etc.

In theory you just need to increase the sizes of the reception classes.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

26 minutes ago, JB said:

I disagree, it’s heaven for them. The only problem is they’re not on their X boxes

Â