Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Just now, Genie said:

If I were caught breaking the rules in a way that endangered peoples whilst the viral footage had me wearing my employers uniform I expect I’d be getting some disciplinary action up to dismissal.

Theres no excuse for that kind of behaviour. They are old enough to know better and to deal with the fall out.

No, not some disciplinary action, sacked. Not wearing your employers uniform, that’s irrelevant. if you have a job and you fail to comply, you should be sacked.

There is no excuse remember.

We can’t sack pensioners. We’ll just have to stop their pension, or deny access to the NHS. They’re definitely old enough to know better.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

Only four of the 63 clauses in Magna Carta are still valid today - 1 (part), 13, 39 and 40

39 and 40 must be the right to a fair trial by a jury of your peers drawn from the area of your alleged offence. 

13 is the the rights of Skincare shops. 

1 is the Monarch’s right to use anyone’s toilet without permission and then leave without flushing it or striking a match.  

But I am only guessing on the first 2. 

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Speeling Mishsteaks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

No, not some disciplinary action, sacked. Not wearing your employers uniform, that’s irrelevant. if you have a job and you fail to comply, you should be sacked.

We can’t sack pensioners. We’ll just have to stop their pension, or deny access to the NHS. They’re definitely old enough to know better.

I’m pretty sure I’d be sacked to be honest if I was caught behaving in a way that then lead to the infection of my fellow colleagues and management. 

The silly bit about pensioners is completely irrelevant. You can’t not punish students who infect other students and staff through reckless, stupid and dangerous behaviour because if a pensioner did it they can’t be sacked.

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Yes but there might be some moral issues as to how we treat our elderly 😀 I understand how the young must feel though. Pensioners have had all the benefits of early retirement, tripple lock pensions and the youngsters have got work until they are in their 70s and pay off the huge debts which they have had nothing to do with. 

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Blimey, surely they're going to change this? It's absolute nonsense otherwise.

As a complete aside, this has reminded me that can't recall a personality that I've turned on as much as Dunt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Blimey, surely they're going to change this? It's absolute nonsense otherwise.

I think you misunderstand.  It's because its absolute nonsense that they're doing it. For a sensible approach theyd have to actually think about things and that's just not how they roll. They come up with a momentary weeze, regret it almost instantly when its pointed out how daft it is, but bluster on anyway.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, blandy said:

I think you misunderstand.  It's because its absolute nonsense that they're doing it. For a sensible approach theyd have to actually think about things and that's just not how they roll. They come up with a momentary weeze, regret it almost instantly when its pointed out how daft it is, but bluster on anyway.

And I can already predict the farce of PMQ's.

"Sensible question about lockdown restrictions"

*splutters of disbelief* "coming from the leader of a party that expelled their ex leader, mr speaker!"

Boris Johnson Laughs As Jeremy Corbyn Mocks Theresa May Over Tory Brexit  Divisions | HuffPost UK

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

My guess on the takeaway beers point is that it was so widely abused first time round that they just don’t want to give people any room for manoeuvre. Shame though for people who were doing in the right spirit.

I’d assume people would just stand on the car park drinking. Or if they were by a nice canal or countryside just drink them in an ad-hoc beer garden.

If there’s one thing we’ve learned it’s that people can’t be trusted to be sensible.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’d assume people would just stand on the car park drinking. Or if they were by a nice canal or countryside just drink them in an ad-hoc beer garden.

If there’s one thing we’ve learned it’s that people can’t be trusted to be sensible.

Hence, the nonsensical mania.

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

My guess on the takeaway beers point is that it was so widely abused first time round that they just don’t want to give people any room for manoeuvre. Shame though for people who were doing in the right spirit.

Surely that's easily rectified by saying that any abuse of it will mean the loss of the licence?

I didn't see many reports of it being abused last time, let alone widely so - at least to sufficiently justify imperilling businesses already on the very edge.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, snowychap said:

For anything in particular?

His position on Labour is like the epitome of the ludicrous 'centrist' position that just hated the former leadership.  A few months ago he put out a tweet that pretty much said a position on Brexit that coincidentally the old regime had held that he had relentlessly attacked was basically right, but then didn't see the issue with him having been critical of that position under Corbyn and now suggesting it's a good idea. Apologies for the vaguery but I can't remember the details, I just remember instantly thinking that summed up a lot of problems with political discourse here. The problem was the speaker but they had to pretend it wasn't.

Off topic anywho.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â