Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Wetherspoons has launched a four-day sale with pints of real ale for just 99p in a bid to clear stock before the winter lockdown.

Drinkers enjoyed cut price pints before pubs across the UK close at 10pm on Wednesday night. 

Link

Apologies it’s the mail, but still one last chance to get responsibly annihilated for under a tenner.

22 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Extremely bad to be suggesting that cases of transmission can be avoided by 'exemplary conduct of students and staff' IMHO. It's a virus, not the **** Punisher.

I just thought it was an interesting alternative reality for people to see, as opposed to the usual students are the shits causing our pandemic, we should kick them off their courses and close down all Unis.

I don’t know who or what the punisher is.

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I just thought it was an interesting alternative reality for people to see, as opposed to the usual students are the shits causing our pandemic, we should kick them off their courses and close down all Unis.

I don’t know who or what the punisher is.

Yeah, it's nice to see, I just think people should be really careful about their messaging. People can catch the virus without doing anything wrong, and it's not a moral failing to be or get sick. I'm  also just in a grumpy mood so apologies if I'm being too blunt.

(By the way, the punisher is a fairly fascist comic book story about a vigilante)

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, it's nice to see, I just think people should be really careful about their messaging. People can catch the virus without doing anything wrong, and it's not a moral failing to be or get sick. I'm  also just in a grumpy mood so apologies if I'm being too blunt.

(By the way, the punisher is a fairly fascist comic book story about a vigilante)

The full letter was 13 paragraphs, I just grabbed the bit out of the middle. It did go on to offer support and advice and all that schizz. But you are right, anybody can get it through no fault of their own. I think they were just trying to say thank you for not being the illegal rave dicks we see on the TV.

Heavy dose of the Sunday evening blues here too.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Luckily I picked up a 24 pack from an Iceland Food Warehouse the other day. No, I never knew Iceland sold bum paper either. They also sell beer, chocolates and toasters! 

Good lad that’s one of mine the 24 roll if it was £7, if it was cheaper than that, then with your condition you are not giving your arse the care it needs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

Good lad that’s one of mine the 24 roll if it was £7, if it was cheaper than that, then with your condition you are not giving your arse the care it needs. 

I think it was £7! 

Its my backup rolls. I still have some premium quilted stuff for everyday use. I just saw it when i went there and picked it up because of the price. 

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

Just got back from the Supermarket. 

The toilet roll hoarders are at the absolute top of their game. 

0e437ac054f3f61372dfa0993cb5fbf8.jpg

One does if you shop at a major member only warehouse establishment, only the odd 72 full trucks sent in this weekend, with 42 more going in tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I still have some premium quilted stuff for everyday use.

Does the top sheet, if you put in on properly, ie over the top, feel good?  Bonus points if it’s 3 ply and not that 4 ply shit from the Labrador company 😂

Apologies if this semi-long thread has been shared before, but I haven't seen it, and it is quite important as it contains a] an extremely egregious example of Conservatives selling sensitive government information to US investors, and b] some information about the government's plans for vaccines, their distribution, and their predicted effectiveness:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

@HanoiVillan thanks for sharing that - it's so disheartening to see how corrupt this government obviously is. I was expecting them to be bad, but I don't think I was expecting them to be quite so blatantly criminal.

It does get you down, doesn't it. Just straight up allowing some American randoms to profit off advance notice of our vaccine plans, for no obvious benefit whatsoever.

Â