Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Doesn’t anyone else think these protests in London are really irresponsible? 

Of course. Its so utterly pointless as well. You think the American government will care in any capacity that we are protesting over here??

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Of course. Its so utterly pointless as well. You think the American government will care in any capacity that we are protesting over here??

Protests are never pointless. People should always stand for what they believe in whatever way possible. 

But during a pandemic? I don’t get it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No but I’ve seen a lot of people who are protesting in the US saying how encouraged they are that protests are happening around the world. 
And if you think people in this country aren’t learning about their place in the hierarchy, you’d be wrong. There is a big problem in the US but there are similar problems in many countries. These protests will make a positive impact in lots of ways. It won’t fix everything overnight but I believe it moves us forward. 

• Like 1

Serco wins Covid-19 test-and-trace contract despite £1m fine

Calls for government to cancel £45m deal with outsourcing company over track record of poor performance

Observer

The Tory filth stuffing public cash into private failure, again.

7 minutes ago, choffer said:

No but I’ve seen a lot of people who are protesting in the US saying how encouraged they are that protests are happening around the world. 
And if you think people in this country aren’t learning about their place in the hierarchy, you’d be wrong. There is a big problem in the US but there are similar problems in many countries. These protests will make a positive impact in lots of ways. It won’t fix everything overnight but I believe it moves us forward. 

It’s the wrong time to be doing them in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s the wrong time to be doing them in my opinion. 

You won’t be the only one with that opinion and that’s fine. I think it adds weight to the cause that so many are willing to protest at such a time. Characterising protesters are not caring about the virus is illegitimate, in my opinion. 

Anyway, this is all getting rather off topic. There’s other places we can talk about the protests. All I want to know is when I’m allowed to go see my partner again. Whilst I initially appreciated the time to myself I’ll beginning to miss her now. I wonder when Boris will let me in her house. 

Edited by choffer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, choffer said:

You won’t be the only one with that opinion and that’s fine. I think it adds weight to the cause that so many are willing to protest at such a time. Characterising protesters are not caring about the virus is illegitimate, in my opinion. 

Maybe because of the way the govt handled Cummings they think they can do what they want now. But they are not caring about the NHS or the people that have died from the virus. That's a fact!

4 minutes ago, choffer said:

Anyway, this is all getting rather off topic. There’s other places we can talk about the protests. All I want to know is when I’m allowed to go see my partner again. Whilst I initially appreciated the time to myself I’ll beginning to miss her now. I wonder when Boris will let me in her house. 

Most of the protesters are young. If they get Covid they will be fine.  But if they pass it on to an elderly or vulnerable person it could be fatal.

Very selfish people in my opinion.

Go see your partner whenever you want. If thousands of people can stand close together for hours I’m sure you can visit a persons house.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Maybe because of the way the govt handled Cummings they think they can do what they want now. But they are not caring about the NHS or the people that have died from the virus. That's a fact!

As I’ve said, I believe that narrative to be a false equivalence. Seeing the care many are taking to socially distance, wear masks, bring sanitiser, I prefer to believe that they feel the matter is sufficiently important to protest even with the pandemic. 

I find it interesting that some people are getting much more exercised about protesters than they were about people having VE Day street parties or thronging to beaches and tourist sites. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Doesn’t anyone else think these protests in London are really irresponsible? 

It’s completely idiotic and risks the lives and heath of thousands of people.

Just now, choffer said:

As I’ve said, I believe that narrative to be a false equivalence. Seeing the care many are taking to socially distance, wear masks, bring sanitiser, I prefer to believe that they feel the matter is sufficiently important to protest even with the pandemic. 

I find it interesting that some people are getting much more exercised about protesters than they were about people having VE Day street parties or thronging to beaches and tourist sites. 

Yes but nobody said that was ok 

2 minutes ago, choffer said:

The scales are completely different. A handful of people on a driveway or thousands in a huge huddle for hours.

• Like 1

I believe the official government line is that you can now interpret any law, rule or guidance to suit yourself.

There was a huge **** off given to the rules, they’ve lost all authority on the subject.

This is how myopic they are, absolutely no consideration of the next chess move.

Good luck with the brexit negotiations.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

I believe the official government line is that you can now interpret any law, rule or guidance to suit yourself.

There was a huge **** off given to the rules, they’ve lost all authority on the subject.

This is how myopic they are, absolutely no consideration of the next chess move.

Good luck with the brexit negotiations.

Yes everything seems to have spiralled out of control since then. Its like when the manager loses the dressing room. The Govt has lost its people

Â