Generic Virus Thread

villakram

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Sweden has 2214 reported new cases today according to the internet. I sincerely hope that is incorrect (probably isn't) because if it's correct I'm pretty sure that is the worst day reported so far.

We had about 300 the day before yesterday and about 800 yesterday. With the weather we've been having the last week the cases were always going to spike but 2200 is extremely high for a little country like Sweden.

Yes hope you can stay safe

Just now, PaulC said:

Yes hope you can stay safe

Thanks, sure I'm fine. It's my parents I'm worried about.

The outbreaks are mostly concentrated to the 3 major cities Stockholm, Göteborg and Malmö. Sweden is a wast and sparsely populated country.

The number of cases as a whole have been high but not extremely so, the number of dead is shocking thou since it was allowed to spread uncontrollably in our care homes and senior homes.

The number of cases today is hopefully an anomaly but people have stopped caring as soon as the weather came in.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Thanks, sure I'm fine. It's my parents I'm worried about.

The outbreaks are mostly concentrated to the 3 major cities Stockholm, Göteborg and Malmö. Sweden is a wast and sparsely populated country.

The number of cases as a whole have been high but not extremely so, the number of dead is shocking thou since it was allowed to spread uncontrollably in our care homes and senior homes.

The number of cases today is hopefully an anomaly but people have stopped caring as soon as the weather came in.

Yesterday you had 775 cases. Even that's really high in proportion to the uk. although ours will start rising as well the way things are going

5 hours ago, villakram said:

but both entries say "or simply the Congo". Is there a standard naming or reference guide that is in use. I don't know, randomly interesting!

Anyway, there’s Ebola there 

• Haha 2

Just watched dispatches channel 4 doc. Looking back  the amount of mistakes this govt have made is quite shocking. If they had done lockdown just 10 days earlier an estimated 15000 lives would have been saved. Its prob been mentioned on here but releasing 15000 elderly patients from hospitals into care homes without testing was criminal. The French Pm was the one that convinced Johnson that he must go full lockdown. A total bunch of clowns. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

Just watched dispatches channel 4 doc. Looking back  the amount of mistakes this govt have made is quite shocking. If they had done lockdown just 10 days earlier an estimated 15000 lives would have been saved. Its prob been mentioned on here but releasing 15000 elderly patients from hospitals into care homes without testing was criminal. The French Pm was the one that convinced Johnson that he must go full lockdown. A total bunch of clowns. 

Watching the chaos in Italy and doing nothing here was criminal. We were given the gift of time and we wasted it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PaulC said:

But Labour.

• Like 2

I'm concerned that the upcoming spike in cases due to the protests in the UK is going to give the government a get out.

They'll take advantage of the ridiculously short memories of a lot of people and be able to gloss over the first three months of this crisis.

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I'm concerned that the upcoming spike in cases due to the protests in the UK is going to give the government a get out.

They'll take advantage of the ridiculously short memories of a lot of people and be able to gloss over the first three months of this crisis.

I don't think so. An enquiry will come out. Theres too many things they did wrong ignoring the advice of Sage, their flippant attitude in the early days, having time to do something after seeing what was going on in Italy and Spain, and saying we're the uk it wont happen here. Not bothering with testing. You could put a list on here of at leasts 100 things they did wrong and it wasn't like they weren't pre-warned. Brexit and money was all they cared about. 

What I didnt get is when asked about whether staff have to enforce the rule on wearing face masks, the guy compared it to the banning of alcohol on trains and how the people policed themselves, but surely it's a bit different considering very few people would have taken alcohol on board compared to ensuring every single person complies with the face masks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PaulC said:

I don't think so. An enquiry will come out. Theres too many things they did wrong ignoring the advice of Sage, their flippant attitude in the early days, having time to do something after seeing what was going on in Italy and Spain, and saying we're the uk it wont happen here. Not bothering with testing. You could put a list on here of at leasts 100 things they did wrong and it wasn't like they weren't pre-warned. Brexit and money was all they cared about. 

I’m with Wainy, they’ll manipulate it all and say it’s all the public’s fault. Everything will be brushed under the carpet and forgotten 

• Like 4

The Lancet HCQ is dangerous study has been retracted. Imagine that, a cheap as chips drug with a well known dose response curve is not going to end the world. I feel so sorry for all those pharma execs!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-04/researchers-retract-lancet-study-linking-malaria-drug-to-risks

"A study that said a malaria drug backed by President Donald Trump to treat and prevent coronavirus raised the risk of heart side effects and death has been retracted by the authors."

• Haha 1

So now that we’re coming out of lockdown and opening up businesses it’s compulsory to wear face masks on public transport.

Not when 1000+ people were dying daily with infection rates through the roof, but now.

Oh, and of course, you’ll be fined for not wearing one, cue another revenue stream for the government and over zealous transport staff.

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

So now that we’re coming out of lockdown and opening up businesses it’s compulsory to wear face masks on public transport.

Not when 1000+ people were dying daily with infection rates through the roof, but now.

Oh, and of course, you’ll be fined for not wearing one, cue another revenue stream for the government and over zealous transport staff.

They wait for the PPE crisis to pass before confirming the public should be wearing them...

• Like 2

Â