Generic Virus Thread

villakram

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I would say its pretty right wing to dismiss lives of certain people and push the idea that they would have died anyway. 

I would say it's strange that none of you are slating blandy & remarking on his every post for having some common sense when looking at the numbers despite him saying exactly the same as myself & a few others have said.

Maybe because he's a mod?

Edited by LakotaDakota

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

I would say it's strange that none of you are slating blandy for having some common sense when looking at the numbers despite him saying exactly the same as myself & a few others have said. Maybe because he's a mod?

Maybe because he hasn't said exactly the same as yourself.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

& quite a lot will just be normal people who want to see their families/go to work & are now being called right wing because of this opinion because it differs from what the left echo bubble deems to be right...

10 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Is the one with the bald head the right wing one ? Or the girl with flowers in her hair? Or Corbyns brother?

AOHUZqg.jpg

You seem to have imagined that someone said ALL people who want the lockdown to end or get back to work are right wing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

I would say it's strange that none of you are slating blandy & remarking on his every post for having some common sense when looking at the numbers despite him saying exactly the same as myself & a few others have said.

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

No it's because he hasn't said the exactly same thing as you at all.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

I know exactly what i said. If you do not agreee 100% with the twitter left you are classed as right wing, there is no middle ground & honestly it's as bad on here.

This post is a load of bollocks.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Is the one with the bald head the right wing one ? Or the girl with flowers in her hair? Or Corbyns brother?

AOHUZqg.jpg

Remember brexit?

back then, some people like little sergeant Francois couldn’t understand the difference between ‘all racists voted brexit’, and ‘all brexit voters are racist’.

don’t be sergeant Francois

• Like 3

The only clear thing is that serious reform of the NHS is required. This crisis has clearly demonstrated how the NHS is not fit for the modern world.

Thus, the need to revolutionize & modernize the NHS to give the great British people the

Spoiler

privatized, for-profit

healthcare they deserve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't think it's such an outrageous view to think we should be seeing it eased up.

We're going to live slightly differently for a long time. Social distancing is here to stay for the next year or more. But the stated objective of the lockdown was to flatten the peak, so that our health service didn't collapse. It was never meant to be quarantining the entire country indefinitely. The Nightingale hospitals weren't needed, and while it's been very stressful on NHS staff, we haven't looked like breaching even the normal capacity, while still having the headroom of the Nightingale sites.

And yes, we've gone nowhere near the capacity because of lockdown, and things will get tougher when things people are free to go out more, we may need to just ease restrictions gradually, and if we go too far, maybe we'll need to increase them again. But we should absolutely be having conversations about how long it's really necessary for this to go on for. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Go back a few pages and you'll see me tackle him on exactly that.

Funnily enough, it's because he got his knickers in a twist and got all Ranty and hard done by that I've stopped engaging with those posts. 

At least he can agree to disagree.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I don't think it's such an outrageous view to think we should be seeing it eased up.

It's not. And I don't think anyone is really arguing that it is at this point. I personally think it will be extended and I support that, but I wouldn't be surprised or particularly opposed to it being eased earlier, obviously with the caveat that it is safe to do so.

This whole thing was merely me saying that I had personally observed that the majority of the support for easing or lifting lockdowns here or in the US seems to come from right wing people or media.

I don't mean extreme right wing nazis or anything, just people who would lean to the right on the political scale.

I think if some people think they're being labelled as "right wing" they don't like it.

Edited by blandy
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think if some people think they're being labelled as "right wing" they don't like it.

I can see why. :D 

I'm not sure if you're right that it's a right wing majority supporting the end of lockdown, but they're certainly the loudest and angriest. It does make me feel vaguely uncomfortable agreeing, to an extent!

• Like 1

I don't understand why the last two pages blew up. It is just obviously, visibly true that most of the voices pushing loudest for a fast end to restrictions belong to *some* conservatives. That doesn't mean that all conservatives want to end restrictions (clearly lots don't, polling demonstrates this) or that there are no left-wing people who want an end to restrictions. But I can't fathom how @Stevo985's original question was controversial in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â