Generic Virus Thread

villakram

7 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It's a no brainer, but like I mentioned, it's probably bad news for BoJos tax pockets.

People will just spend their money on other things and the government, like everyone else will have to find a way to adapt to the new normal.

Hot tub tax in the 2022 budget?

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

In the wacky world of local government the UK government have refused the extension of the current allowance of virtual planning hearings as they haven't got the time to look at it.

This means that local government will have to host physical meetings in May even though for Westminster this is not happening until June, and some offices are still not covid secure.

Virtual hearings has had a lot of positive feedback as it allows many other people to attend and reduces  the chance of  grandstanding speeches. More transparent and democratic but not in the UK Gov viewpoint.

We have 190 drivers who are about to be unemployed on Thursday though no fault of their own. It is the fault of the council. Their licences will run out on Wednesday, after being automatically renewed for the best part of a year on and off) but now the council are no longer automatically renewing them. They currently have a backlog of 700+ emails that they are nowhere near dealing with (it's growing)

This is only one council, our other councils have all found ways to operate reasonably normally (but remotely) with regards to licence renewals, no backlogs, no delays, everything done on time

Sefton Council is run by and staffed by complete and utter useless Representatives for Wellingborough

2 hours ago, Genie said:

The vibe seems to be that if you’re outdoors it is much less likely to catch Covid than being indoors. All agreed I think.

Its not impossible or infeasible to catch it outdoors as there are numerous cases which point that way.

As it’s impossible to say with certainty where infected people got it, like with elite footballers, the French rugby team or Seattle United players as examples you could just say “they caught it somewhere else” to support the theory that it’s impossible to catch it on a sports field.

So you're suggesting all 19 French Team bubble members that caught it (including the coach) got it in the game they'd most recently played against Ireland, whose team bubble had no reported positive tests at all?

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I thought -  and I may be mistaken, I haven't checked this carefully - that the French team were supposed to have caught covid when they went out for breakfast waffles as a group?

Serves them right. Breakfast should either be carboard cereal, boiled eggs, or half a pig fried in lard downed with a pint of tea.

Cheese-eating surrender monkeys the whole lot of em.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, bickster said:

So you're suggesting all 19 French Team bubble members that caught it (including the coach) got it in the game they'd most recently played against Ireland, whose team bubble had no reported positive tests at all?

It was more a general point it’s hard to know with any confidence where the transmissions happen... apart from sports people who absolutely did not get it playing sports. It’s 100% confirmed it seems.

I assume the France players were training together on the same pitch. It could account for some of it.

I am just not having there is no evidence or potential for it to happen. It could, and I’m sure it does occasionally happen on the sports field. It’s not me saying sports need to be cancelled either as elite sports seem to lock these things down quite quickly when they find them.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I assume the France players were training together on the same pitch. It could account for some of it.

Also all staying in the same Hotel, using the same Gym, changing rooms etc. These Elite sporting bubbles like the Rugby and Cricket ones are pretty tight. The players weren't even allowed home for the entire 6 Nations

Ireland 0 - France 19

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I thought -  and I may be mistaken, I haven't checked this carefully - that the French team were supposed to have caught covid when they went out for breakfast waffles as a group?

Some players were spotted in the street after the Italy game eating waffles. The Ireland game was after this and France didn't get their outbreak until after the Ireland game (about a week or more after the Ireland game), So wafflegate was at least a full two weeks prior to the outbreak. Italy was the first game, Ireland second, third weekend was a rest weekend then the following week was the Scotland game that had to be re-arranged but the outbreak didn't happen until the start of the week of the Scotland game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Serves them right. Breakfast should either be carboard cereal, boiled eggs, or half a pig fried in lard downed with a pint of tea.

Cheese-eating surrender monkeys the whole lot of em.

Was just about to post something similar, waffles are not the breakfast of real men

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Was just about to post something similar, waffles are not the breakfast of real men

Remember when poor old Wayne Rooney would have to force down pasta for breakfast for a measly £300,000 a week. The sacrifices our sports stars make to entertain us.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Remember when poor old Wayne Rooney would have to force down pasta for breakfast for a measly £300,000 a week. The sacrifices our sports stars make to entertain us.

Should have eaten Chicken and baked beans like Shearer before creosoting the fence.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Nice to see Boris saying everyone should try to get back to the office because people working from home have had enough "time off" over the past year.

The massive word removed

"Time off", the cheeky rocket polisher. Most people WFH are working harder than ever as they aren't distracted by the office clown or insipid office gossip.

BJ should worry more about the millions on furlough and getting them back to work. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Who in their right mind (except for local people, families etc) would want to live in London if they will only work there once a week? I can't see many grads and young professionals moving there and paying massive rents if they can get half price apartments in Birmingham or Coventry. 

Who in their right mind would want to live in Coventry ;) 

I want to live in a small cottage in the middle of nowhere. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

People will just spend their money on other things and the government, like everyone else will have to find a way to adapt to the new normal.

Absolutely. A lot of the population just feel the need the spend everything they earn. If not on starbucks and meals out, its on hot tubs or endless shit off Amazon. We should probably thank them for keeping the economy ticking over! 

We’ve had a resource meeting today and the boss wants us all back in the office from mid April.

I found myself having to explain that would be absolutely fine, but he’ll need more staff. At the moment we’ve pretty much all of us converted our commuting time in to working time. So he will lose approximately an hour or so per person, per day. Meaning he’ll be losing a free day or two every day.

This appeared to be an absolute revelation to him. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Genie said:

My boy has training tonight, first match on the 10th. He can’t wait to play, I can’t wait to watch.

Just a shame the training venue has a strict stay in your car or go away and come back policy.

I did a coaching session tonight for a team. The venue said our parents weren’t allowed to watch, they all did. Personally I find it strange, parents stating. Obviously going back 25 yrs but my dad would watch a game when we played but training I’d be dropped off and picked up later

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I did a coaching session tonight for a team. The venue said our parents weren’t allowed to watch, they all did. Personally I find it strange, parents stating. Obviously going back 25 yrs but my dad would watch a game when we played but training I’d be dropped off and picked up later

Partly because everything is further away? By the time you drive home, it’s almost time to get back in the car to go pick up?

• Like 1

Â