Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 minute ago, brommy said:

Either it’s the same story being recycled or a very dodgy batch (perhaps via a storage issue or sabotage) which presumably will stop being used if it hasn’t all been used up.

Boris did mention that there was a batch somewhere being re-tested (which is contributing to our imminent reduction in vaccinations). Not sure if related to these cases in Norway.

16 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

It will vary what is acceptable for everyone, a single voice can’t represent the palette of views regarding restrictions and I don’t represent anyone elses views other than my own. Personally I can live with it. 

No offense mate, as I usually agree with you, but this is kind of the approach myself @Davkaus and @HanoiVillan were talking about previously.

None of this is normal and to just nod along with it is basically accepting a restriction of freedoms on the whims of supposed experts.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Boris did mention that there was a batch somewhere being re-tested (which is contributing to our imminent reduction in vaccinations). Not sure if related to these cases in Norway.

There’s a lack of information readily available surrounding this. Exactly how many nurses is it now without any double counting? What is the profile of the nurses and were they taking any other possibly contributory drugs (contraceptive pill for example)? Was it at the same hospital and/or from the same batch? Was the batch(s) permanently stored correctly? Which production plant(s) produced the batch(s)?

Perhaps I’m not digging deep enough but currently the information seems to be limited to ‘apparently there’s more Norwegian nurses that have died’.

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

No offense mate, as I usually agree with you, but this is kind of the approach myself @Davkaus and @HanoiVillan were talking about previously.

None of this is normal and to just nod along with it is basically accepting a restriction of freedoms on the whims of supposed experts.

No offence taken and I was reluctant to post as I know you right, my tolerance for it is different and thats why my voice isn’t representative. 

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56475807

This is just insanely irresponsible.

I'm starting to think us being locked down, or having some sort of restrictions is a epidemiologist's wet dream. 

You go to a dentist and they will recommend a treatment.

You go to a garage and they will suggest oil replacement.

You go to a bar and the bartender will offer another round.

It's what epidemiologists do, its their business. There could always be the next strain that causes 10% fatality, so epidemiologists will always suggest causion. They don't understand the wider picture of Katie the hairdresser losing her business because there is a 1% chance someone will get ill in 2022.

*Edit: well, maybe they do understand it, but it's not their primary concern.

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

If they're all Norwegian nurses, bring it on. 

When I was a little boy I had to spend a few days in hospital with suspected appendicitis. I fell totally in love with the blonde Norwegian nurse who looked after me. 

36 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Do you remember his name? 

They've tracked him down and asked for his comment about the @mjmooneyrevelations:.  Video footage here:

blink-182 wtf GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

2 more nurses dead from suspected side-effects of AstraZeneca's vaccine in Norway yesterday. Low platelet count mixed with clots found in all 3 dead within 2-11 days of taking the vaccine.. In a small country with relative few deaths from corona (650 or so), 3 dead young health workers just after taking the vaccine is not good optics. Oh, and before people start banging the anti-EU drum, Norway isn't part of the union.

It's part of the EU vaccine procurement programme (the 27 minus Malta, plus Lichtenstein, Norway and Iceland) so to all intents and purposes, is part of the EU in this respect. Also, there has to be a reason why it's just Norway and Denmark(?)

25 minutes ago, brommy said:

There’s a lack of information readily available surrounding this. Exactly how many nurses is it now without any double counting? What is the profile of the nurses and were they taking any other possibly contributory drugs (contraceptive pill for example)? Was it at the same hospital and/or from the same batch? Was the batch(s) permanently stored correctly? Which production plant(s) produced the batch(s)?

Perhaps I’m not digging deep enough but currently the information seems to be limited to ‘apparently there’s more Norwegian nurses that have died’.

I'll lend you a hand.

https://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/i/gW4wbL/legemiddelverket-to-nye-pasienter-doede-av-blodpropp

Google translated:

The Norwegian Medicines Agency: Two new patients died of blood clots
Two new patients have died of blood clots after receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine. This is announced by the Norwegian Medicines Agency in a press release on Sunday.

- These are two tragic deaths among the patients who were admitted with the special combination of blood clots, bleeding and low platelet counts, says medical director of the Norwegian Medicines Agency Steinar Madsen to VG.

He states that both died on Sunday, and that they were admitted to Rikshospitalet.

On Thursday, it became known that five patients under the age of 50 were admitted to Oslo University Hospital with severe blood clots, low blood platelets and bleeding after taking the vaccine. Three of them were health workers.

One of them died. Two more deaths have now been reported at OUS.

The fact that you don't think we've had any of these deaths in the UK is that likely we haven't reported any correlation. As far as I have read from the UK authorities they think something like 400 deaths have occured just after getting the vaccine, although some of these may have happened anyway.

Here's a fairly loose article from daily mail for example:

Pfizer's Covid vaccine is linked to MORE blood clots than AstraZeneca's

Regulatory reports show that blood clot diagnoses are about equally likely after either the two jabs being used in the UK \u2013 slightly higher for Pfizer \u2013 and scientists insist the risk is no higher than a random person in the population could expect, meaning the vaccine remains safe. Rates of death soon after vaccination appear higher for AstraZeneca\'s vaccine but this is likely because it is used in care homes and the people receiving it are naturally more likely to die of any reason

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

It's part of the EU vaccine procurement programme (the 27 minus Malta, plus Lichtenstein, Norway and Iceland) so to all intents and purposes, is part of the EU in this respect. Also, there has to be a reason why it's just Norway and Denmark(?)

What are Malta doing out of interest? Are they piggy backing someone else (like the UK) or going it alone?

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

What are Malta doing out of interest? Are they piggy backing someone else (like the UK) or going it alone?

Hmmm, one article I read said they weren't in it but I've just read another that says they are, so that might be wrong

• Like 1

Good News:  My mom just took a call from the local GP and I can get vaccinated tomorrow.👍

Bad News:  Its in Sutton Coldfield (Birmingham, UK) tomorrow between 9-00am and 9-15am.  I live near the beech in the Netherlands.  I don't think I can make it.

- I left the UK on Jan 1st 2001 to live in Holland.

- My GP saved a few of my families lives and went the extra mile for my grand parents who went there as well.

- I purposely "Forgot "to inform the GP office I had moved.  They get money for me on their list 👍

In any case, I'm of the opinion that the relative few numbers of deaths are a cost that society will probably have to carry in order to get out of this. It is weird why only Denmark and Norway are reporting these deaths, is it something with the scandi DNA? Did they get a bad batch? 

Both Denmark and Norway have incredible health systems, it might just be that they're spending a lot of their high tech equipment and time looking into this while we're busy trying to keep the country from imploding..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Regulatory reports show that blood clot diagnoses are about equally likely after either the two jabs being used in the UK \u2013 slightly higher for Pfizer \u2013 and scientists insist the risk is no higher than a random person in the population could expect, meaning the vaccine remains safe. Rates of death soon after vaccination appear higher for AstraZeneca\'s vaccine but this is likely because it is used in care homes and the people receiving it are naturally more likely to die of any reason

I don't get this graphic - it says the total deaths in the UK is 24 (ish) of which 28 were caused by the AstraZeneca vaccine and 20 by the Pfizer vaccine. Why is the deaths total column smaller than the individual columns?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

You go to a dentist and they will recommend a treatment.

You go to a garage and they will suggest oil replacement.

You go to a bar and the bartender will offer another round.

It's what epidemiologists do, its their business. There could always be the next strain that causes 10% fatality, so epidemiologists will always suggest causion. They don't understand the wider picture of Katie the hairdresser losing her business because there is a 1% chance someone will get ill in 2022.

*Edit: well, maybe they do understand it, but it's not their primary concern.

This is a very important point. It is of course the job of politicians to synthesise the demands of different groups and to chart the policy course. One reason why it is bad that we seem to be outsourcing so much of the decision-making to public health people at this point is that they are only focused on one group of performance metrics, as you note.

This is not to absolve public health figures in the media, who are often going beyond their real role (giving advice) and instead making statements about what we 'need to' do, what 'must' be done, etc. Though of course they're far from alone on this, economists have been terrible for this for years.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I'll lend you a hand.

https://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/i/gW4wbL/legemiddelverket-to-nye-pasienter-doede-av-blodpropp

Google translated:

The fact that you don't think we've had any of these deaths in the UK is that likely we haven't reported any correlation. As far as I have read from the UK authorities they think something like 400 deaths have occured just after getting the vaccine, although some of these may have happened anyway.

Here's a fairly loose article from daily mail for example:

Pfizer's Covid vaccine is linked to MORE blood clots than AstraZeneca's

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't get this graphic - it says the total deaths in the UK is 24 (ish) of which 28 were caused by the AstraZeneca vaccine and 20 by the Pfizer vaccine. Why is the deaths total column smaller than the individual columns?

Either way the numbers are so utterly miniscule compared to the lives being saved it's ludicrous to stop using the vaccines over this. 

As has been said many many times you would expect similar numbers in the general population to have clots anyway.

The continual bashing of a vaccine saving so many lives and helping control the spread of this terrible disease is so damaging. 

Not only that but what is the material difference in those statistics between AstraZeneca and Pfizer? Minimal at best yet there are zero questions being asked about Pfizer. 

There isn't a drug in existence that has side effects and per use these side effects are significantly lower than many many commonly used medicines. 

As has been said so many times the contraceptive pill is something like 100 times more likely to cause blood clots. 

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Either way the numbers are so utterly miniscule compared to the lives being saved it's ludicrous to stop using the vaccines over this. 

As has been said many many times you would expect similar numbers in the general population to have clots anyway.

The continual bashing of a vaccine saving so many lives and helping control the spread of this terrible disease is so damaging. 

Not only that but what is the material difference in those statistics between AstraZeneca and Pfizer? Minimal at best yet there are zero questions being asked about Pfizer. 

There isn't a drug in existence that has side effects and per use these side effects are significantly lower than many many commonly used medicines. 

As has been said so many times the contraceptive pill is something like 100 times more likely to cause blood clots. 

All good points, but it's also worth pointing out that the pill has its side effects listed. Oxford and Pfizer are both claiming that it's side-effect free (after some mild reaction to the first shot). If 5 people died out of the 90,000 or so AZ doses delivered to Norway so far that isn't as minute as you'd have it. This debate is worth having as we didn't have it during the Swine Flue vaccinations, and the lasting side effects on many of its recipients is horrendous. I'm no anti-vaccer, but I'm also not totally rosy eyed when it comes to having 100% trust in big pharma.

Edited by magnkarl

32 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Deaths per million. 24 is the average of 28 and 20.

• Thanks 1

Â