Generic Virus Thread

villakram

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Only seven disciples working from home. I hope the other five can justify going into work as essential. 

wifi down. They keep trying but nothing. 

19 minutes ago, Tegis said:

You are talking about the 2 of the 3 exceptions (to my knowledge) we have. Healthcare and Primary school. (geriatric care being the third). As I said previously, talking in absolutes distorts it

agree, seems to be a bit of a mixed bag to me. some company does other doesnt.  Going to be exiting to see how this ends

A 36 year old nurse and 38 year old nurse have now died leaving behind 3 children each. Are people really still questioning just how serious all this is and if we are going over the top in the measures we are taking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

A 36 year old nurse and 38 year old nurse have now died leaving behind 3 children each. Are people really still questioning just how serious all this is and if we are going over the top in the measures we are taking.

Just a page back someone has.

I was going to reply but I just can’t summon the energy.

How any intelligent, thinking person, can think this is anything but catastrophic is beyond me.

I wouldn’t care much, except those are the people who are going to make it almost impossible to deal with.

6 minutes ago, tomaspg said:

agree, seems to be a bit of a mixed bag to me. some company does other doesnt.  Going to be exiting to see how this ends

Yep. I still dread the peak though. The strain on the healthcare-service is massive

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Just a page back someone has.

I was going to reply but I just can’t summon the energy.

How any intelligent, thinking person, can think this is anything but catastrophic is beyond me.

I wouldn’t care much, except those are the people who are going to make it almost impossible to deal with.

It's the new divide, Brexit is old news, you're now either 'economy first' or 'people first'. 

40 minutes ago, Tegis said:

You are talking about the 2 of the 3 exceptions (to my knowledge) we have. Healthcare and Primary school. (geriatric care being the third). As I said previously, talking in absolutes distorts it

Construction sites? I can give more examples. I think it's wrong to describe what is going on here as a lockdown. Especially compared to what other countries are doing.

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

Ok, this is definitely a snide potshot, but you have to admit, you know you're in trouble when the Daily Mail is asking serious questions yet you yourself are not. 

That’s what I thought, all fart and no sh*t. Cheers 👍

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

That’s what I thought, all fart and no sh*t. Cheers 👍

Thanks for amplifying what I consider to be one of my best put downs, I literally thought it up in the bath, I have nothing better to do. Anyway, please do explain how those in power are not in any way responsible for the 684 deaths today - much appreciated. 

20 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I don’t enjoy generalising, but there does seem to be at least some evidence to suggest Brexit, Trump, Red States, Brazil’s Head Nutjob, Global Warming deniers,Johnson, and “ is it that bad” folk are often in one camp,

....whilst Remain, Science, EU politicians, Democrats, Epidemiologists, Greens are in another.

I guess that should’nt be a surprise 

Both camps are stupid.

Wisdom is in the middle.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I don’t enjoy generalising, but there does seem to be at least some evidence to suggest Brexit, Trump, Red States, Brazil’s Head Nutjob, Global Warming deniers,Johnson, and “ is it that bad” folk are often in one camp,

....whilst Remain, Science, EU politicians, Democrats, Epidemiologists, Greens are in another.

I guess that should’nt be a surprise 

. . . don't accept the culture war framing

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

I think we have to be careful of talking in absolutes. "More or less" is not everybody. And "many are" are not all.

It is an experiment, everywhere. And as we don't know the outcome I would be foolish to presume on way is better than the other. And different approaches probably work in different ways depending of social stucture, economy, geography and probably a ton more variables.

Here is the google tracking data by country and regions. You can see what people are doing today compared with a month ago and in what numbers:

https://www.google.com/covid19/mobility/

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

. . . don't accept the culture war framing

I don’t - don’t even know what it is as I don’t read the papers or twitter, but what I’ve said is what I’ve seen

Â