The Royal Family

Genie

11 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I hope those fawning appreciate that they're doing so over an over-privilaged multi-billionaire. And I hope at some point on a level they question what that means about them.

FB_IMG_1683219691335.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Completely unscientific and at best an anecdotal indicator…what’s the bunting/flags/pictures of Charles people have put up in their front window situation near where you are?

And I’m only talking about households. Not pubs, shops, village halls, community centres. I think they typically do that sort of thing anyway, they may feel somewhat obliged to do so, dare I say.

My estimate for where I am is about 4-5% of households have put up some sort of decoration to mark the coronation.

Nothing residentially on view here in da Wales. MrsVM's dad lives on a cul de sac with a fair bit of bunting out. That's the only bits I've seen.

My mate with a flag pole has got his flag of Glyndwr out specially for the occasion though

mrflag_owainglyndwr_152_91_1_ropetoggle.

• Like 2

Update on the decorations by me.

I had a WhatsApp message from a mate about 8:30 this morning asking if it was true that the circular coronation badges that are on the lamp posts here have been modified. Someone had messaged him a photo saying this was the case and my friend wanted confirmation of this, he was slightly sceptical.

The lamp posts outside my house had remained unaltered. However, I walked down the road to pick up some milk and it does seem that the badges on the high street have indeed been given a makeover overnight.

IMG_8110.thumb.jpeg.d76f7fa670cc17bc90fb7bd17f9c04d8.jpeg

Just for the avoidance of any doubt, I had no involvement in this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Wasn't fussed about watching it, have other things to do today, but I popped it on for a bit out of curiosity and hey, I was greeted by Floella Benjamin carrying the sceptre!! That alone somehow compensates for all the rest of the nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Wasn't fussed about watching it, have other things to do today, but I popped it on for a bit out of curiosity and hey, I was greeted by Floella Benjamin carrying the sceptre!! That alone somehow compensates for all the rest of the nonsense.

Villa fan. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Floella Benjamin carrying the sceptre!! That alone somehow compensates for all the rest of the nonsense.

Hamble didn't even get an invite.  She was always 2nd best to the rest of the toys. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Is Wills wearing a Villa top under all that

No, just a self printed, mind the Gap Wolverhampton T-shirt

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Jesus that takes me back

In all fairness the show taught me a life lesson in always being polite asking potential foes which window in the pub they would like to go through.

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Looks like Wills only bought a restricted view seat

With 30,000 on the waiting list, he’s lucky to get one

Â