The Royal Family

Genie

54 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Are we expecting the body to make the train journey down the East coast mainline with people throwing flowers from bridges and so on?

I read about that, sounds odd.

I expect they'll teleport it as usual and make the doppelganger lie down in the train. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I take it they won't have her lie in state and let the public see her dead body or any of that nonsense again like a few yanks 

That sounds like a dangerously Catholic suggestion to me. 

blackbook-write.gif

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Wast called Wrens Nest way before Sir Christopher Wren was born iirc

Abraham Darby was born on Wren's Nest Hill in 1670 something or other, Sir Christopher Wren was only just getting started rebuilding London by then. It's named after the bird

Kin ell, you've just ruined my attempt at humour

44 minutes ago, Xela said:

Bring back Bet and Alec

Plus Rita luring Alan Bradley to his demise under a tram in Blackpool!

Eddie , Stan and Hilda 

A pack of my cigars please Rita

Bettys hot pots 

Betterbuys supermarket 

Young Sally Seddon then later ‘ROSIE SOPHIE WASH YER HANDS GIRLS 

Sniff sniff sniff, what’s dat smell

Cassie Kelvin !!! been smokin it round ma place (This may be EastEnders) 

Edited by Follyfoot

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Eddie , Stan and Hilda 

A pack of my cigars please Rita

Bettys hot pots 

Betterbuys supermarket 

Young Sally Seddon then later ‘ROSIE SOPHIE WASH YER HANDS GIRLS 

Cassie, Kelvin !!! been smokin it round ma place (This may be EastEnders) 

PARKLIFE!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Why do people cry over the death of someone they've never met? 

Honestly, I can't get my head around it. Let's all go to Buckingham Palace, spend £20 on some flowers & stand in the rain crying about a woman we never met but had a life far easier and privileged than any of us can begin to imagine.

Humans are weird. 

Because of empathy? It's the same reason why people feel sad / cry about the death of entirely fictional characters in films or tv shows. It's one of the reasons why humans are capable of building advanced societies.

EDIT - I realise now this is an OLD post by the standards of this thread. I wholeheartedly apologise for necroing a post from the distant past, I just hadn't opened the thread for the last seven hours so I'd missed about 700 pages of posts.

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, a m ole said:

Football wasn’t cancelled when my Nan passed away.

Not when my dad died. But then again, he died in July. But judging by some of our performances since it seems our players have been in mourning over him since.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Are we expecting the body to make the train journey down the East coast mainline with people throwing flowers from bridges and so on?

I read about that, sounds odd.

A briefing sent out to media by Buckingham Palace concerns only press attendance at Edinburgh Airport, from where the coffin is expected to be flown to London by the RAF, and does not refer to Edinburgh Waverley Station.

British Transport Police also confirmed that they were not in negotiations regarding policing a potential rail journey. 

Under long-term plans for the Queen’s death in Scotland, it was widely known that the intention was for the Royal Train to carry her back to London via the East Coast Main Line – which would have meant a ‘progress’ at a slow speed through Yorkshire stations Northallerton, York and Doncaster, where wellwishers could have gathered and flowers were expected to be left on the tracks.

Although there has been no official reason given for the change of plan, it is likely to relate to the security challenges and costs of policing the entire route from Edinburgh to London. There would have also been major disruption to scheduled services.

Transport journalists have been told by government sources that safety was a paramount concern and that the Royal Train plans were amended several years ago, prior to the pandemic.

Yorkshire Post

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, a m ole said:

I’ll just be wanking all Saturday and Sunday instead of watching the football, hope you think of me.

So basically how you generally spend your weekends anyway? 🤣

Edited by stewiek2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

They are playing a video of people talking about the Queen on BBC with the backing anthem of the Champions League. Very good.

Great bit of music. Crazy to think it was first used in 1727 at King George II's coronation! 

• Like 1

Â