Tom13

1 hour ago, useless said:

He will probably go out on loan again, or get sold with a buyback, but what Emery and his coaches make of him will determine the precise details of such a move

Or Emery works his magic over a week and supercharges him like Rogers, and suddenly we have prime Rivaldo. 

• Like 2

Touches his nose a lot. Genuinely hope he turns out to be a good 'un, that goal against Liverpool will forever be etched into my brain.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, one_ian_taylor said:

I wasn't sure from that interview whether he felt the pressure or not

under-pressure-bowie-mercury.gif

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/04/2024 at 20:41, VillaChris said:

I think Stockport will try to sign him permanently. One of those where we put a big sell on clause in the deal as you never know....

A lot of talk up here that County are planning to sign him permanently. The owner seems confident of getting a deal done.

14 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

A lot of talk up here that County are planning to sign him permanently. The owner seems confident of getting a deal done.

Yeah think it'll have a nice sell on clause. Right thing for him is to get settled and play there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Surely he worth a few million?
Can they afford that?

59 minutes ago, bobzy said:

A couple of million would make him one of the most - if not the most - expensive signings in League One history. 

League One will be rattled if Stockport pull that off

3 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

League One will be rattled if Stockport pull that off

It's more I'd be amazed that they'd spend that much.  Will be much less IMO.

• Like 1

From Villa’s point of view, looking to maximise his value and potential, surely a loan deal to a Championship or top end League 1 side would be the next step?

I think he did enough before injury to have plenty of admirers within the EFL.

Selling him for peanuts now just for a minuscule PSR benefit seems like a poor decision to me.

• Like 1

Stockport will not have a couple of million to spend on a single player, I’m not privy to the inner workings of their finances but I feel fairly confident in that.

Not sure what kind of deal we can expect to see with that in mind.

I think it makes the most sense to either loan out Barry again, or sell him with a buyback, it's not just about whether he's ever going to be good enough for us, all it would take is an half decent season in the Champioinship, and he would be worth closer to ten million at least than whatever he's worth now. Can't be underestmated how well he did in League Two for a player his age. I'd be surprised if there wasn't Championship interest this summer, the only way I can see him going back to Stockport is if we stll hold an interest in his devlelopment,  and think League One would be better for that

2 hours ago, East London Villa said:

From Villa’s point of view, looking to maximise his value and potential, surely a loan deal to a Championship or top end League 1 side would be the next step?

I think he did enough before injury to have plenty of admirers within the EFL.

Selling him for peanuts now just for a minuscule PSR benefit seems like a poor decision to me.

From the player POV he'd probably rather want to find a settled club rather than going out on loan continually. Stockport will be that for him.

He will be 21 next month and Stockport have money behind them so could see them making the championship in 2-3 years and who knows after so it's a decent club to sign for.

People also have to be realistic if anyone still thinks he can have a breakthrough here. KHH and Tim HAVE had good championship loans in recent times and neither have got close to playing significant minutes in our run in.

Just now, VillaChris said:

From the player POV he'd probably rather want to find a settled club rather than going out on loan continually. Stockport will be that for him.

He will be 21 next month and Stockport have money behind them so could see them making the championship in 2-3 years and who knows after so it's a decent club to sign for.

People also have to be realistic if anyone still thinks he can have a breakthrough here. KHH and Tim HAVE had good championship loans in recent times and neither have got close to playing significant minutes in our run in.

He doesn't have to make a breakthrough here to advance his career and bring in a bigger fee, if we make the right loan decision for him next season. I would be shocked if 2-3 years in League 1 (starting at the bottom) appealed to him, rather than testing himself at a higher level now that he seems more ready for it.

Posted (edited)

No idea what Louie Barry is worth but Stockport’s record signing was 25 years ago, around £1M. Even with strong financial backing, I can’t imagine them paying anything close to that. I’m sure our valuation would be at least £2M.

Edited by Strog
Spelling

1 minute ago, East London Villa said:

He doesn't have to make a breakthrough here to advance his career and bring in a bigger fee, if we make the right loan decision for him next season. I would be shocked if 2-3 years in League 1 (starting at the bottom) appealed to him, rather than testing himself at a higher level now that he seems more ready for it.

Is he ready for the championship? Generally his loans so far have gone as excellent for anyone in league 2 and then more hit and miss higher at Ipswich and Milton Keynes.

Stockport aren't some hopeless side going up, they might not be far off the top 6 next season so to me makes more sense to go there, start 40 games than warming the bench at a Boro or Derby.

His profile is usually what Peterborough go for so they'll be 4-5 teams interested so no need to just accept what Stockport are offering as they'll be a bidding war for him.

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is he ready for the championship? Generally his loans so far have gone as excellent for anyone in league 2 and then more hit and miss higher at Ipswich and Milton Keynes.

Stockport aren't some hopeless side going up, they might not be far off the top 6 next season so to me makes more sense to go there, start 40 games than warming the bench at a Boro or Derby.

His profile is usually what Peterborough go for so they'll be 4-5 teams interested so no need to just accept what Stockport are offering as they'll be a bidding war for him.

He has had indifferent loans until this season. The point is before injury this season he finally found his feet. 11 goals and assists in 14 games.  That sort of form for a young player suggests they are going to be good enough to step up a level or two.

Â