Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This thread is getting silly. People don't like onions? Or beer???  That's two of my major food groups, right there. 

Then again, I haven't bothered mentioning my antipathy to curry (mainly because it's already been well documented previously). 

Your second sentence has prevented the ‘like’ I was about to award for the first sentence.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I always ask for extra onions in anything that contains them and love to eat them raw with a bit of cheddar cheese. :)

My Great Gran lived to be 103 and swore it was down to eating a whole raw onion a day.

Personally, I think she might be right, as I reckon nobody would gave went near her after that.

• Like 1

I don’t think there’s a day I don’t eat something onion / celery / garlic. Growing mostly variations on onions up the allotment.

But in fairness to the OP, he appears to have found himself quite an unpopular opinion. So he’s winning.

• Like 2

Open windows/sunroof beats air con when driving on a hot day. Just feels better. 

Not sure if that is unpopular or not. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I don’t think there’s a day I don’t eat something onion / celery / garlic. Growing mostly variations on onions up the allotment.

But in fairness to the OP, he appears to have found himself quite an unpopular opinion. So he’s winning.

Yep, may as well just rename the thread "Popular Onions"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yep, may as well just rename the thread "Popular Onions"

Nah, there’s a Dalia Lama here, if people agreed with your unpopular opinion, then by default it wouldn’t be unpopular. I think its just proven incredibly on point for the thread its in.

Just needs someone to say they watch Birmingham City when Villa are playing away as they both represent the same town and we’ve got thread climax.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Now this WILL be unpopular.

Beer/Lager. Especially cask ales and all that stuff. To me, beer tastes like shit no matter what the kind and the only reason to drink it is to get pissed at football. 

I've tried hundreds of beers and lagers from all over the world and they all taste pretty much the same but with varying levels of gas.

Cask ales and IPAs all taste almost identical to me and again, taste bloody rank.

It's for getting merry and not to actually enjoy. I've never enjoyed a sip of any lager/beer/IPA, but I like the buzz I get from it and so I start on a few before switching to rum or vodka.

If I start on spirits I just get tired so I have no choice but to suffer a few lagers first.

i don't hate it, but i definitely dont enjoy it...i only drink it to get drunk. i never sit at home with a can just cause i enjoy it. i could reel off 10 alcoholic drinks i'd choose over beer. but beer is more sociable...i'm not sitting there with a rum and coke that's gone in 5 mins whilst the others drink their pints. but there's definitely a limit to how many i can drink before i have to get a short or some wine

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Nah, there’s a Dalia Lama here, if people agreed with your unpopular opinion, then by default it wouldn’t be unpopular. I think its just proven incredibly on point for the thread its in.

Just needs someone to say they watch Birmingham City when Villa are playing away as they both represent the same town and we’ve got thread climax.

images (49).jpeg

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

Beer-4263960-6efae-hd.png

I thought that was going to be 'shopped. Sadly it’s genuine, even worse there’s a Prawn Cocktail version too

The reviews on UNTAPPD are exactly as I expected they would be.

At least it’s lager they've dicked about with

• Like 1

Onions , like tomatoes are a nice accompany to food, though if you actually bite into a tomato or a cooked onion or a mushroom for that matter in it's lone state then they're revolting.

Strawberries too. Flavouring? Lovely.  Actually strawberries. Offensive

• Shocked 1

21 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Onions , like tomatoes are a nice accompany to food, though if you actually bite into a tomato or a cooked onion or a mushroom for that matter in it's lone state then they're revolting.

Strawberries too. Flavouring? Lovely.  Actually strawberries. Offensive

I'd happily eat raw tomatoes or mushrooms. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Xela said:

Open windows/sunroof beats air con when driving on a hot day. Just feels better. 

Have to agree, winds me up when the mrs insists on putting the air con on even after I’ve put the windows down 🤦‍♂️

Oh, man, beer is lovely. We're currently in the Lake District, been for a walk to nearby village, found a nice country pub, and had two pints of this. Absolute nectar. And no real need to get 'drunk'. 

afd761061b013d2fdbd888ca6fc6498c_raw.jpg

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Xela said:

We were out today, my freshly recharged air con was absolutely glorious. 

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

We were out today, my freshly recharged air con was absolutely glorious. 

Mine needs doing. I'm resisting forking out for it, on the assumption that if I do, the summer will end. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Mine needs doing. I'm resisting forking out for it, on the assumption that if I do, the summer will end. 

Have a look on groupon, there was a garage local to me doing them for £25, plus there was some voucher for another 10% off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Have a look on groupon, there was a garage local to me doing them for £25, plus there was some voucher for another 10% off.

You want summer to end? Stop encouraging him!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Â