Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

On 29/09/2023 at 11:54, mjmooney said:

The whole concept of nation states is the single worst idea that humans have ever had. 

This is interesting. I used to agree with it, but I’m not sure anymore. Part of me thinks nation states are necessary, and pretty much the ideal size and contains the right level of social trust for organising a functioning welfare state. On the other hand, there are obvious issues the nation state either creates or can’t solve. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Xann said:

The country's never going to get out the shit if you keep listening to the shameless, spineless and witless.

Which posters on VT are you referring to? :)

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

The current spamming of the main forum with what must be hundreds of Twatter/X links.

Irritating.

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

He lost his job ‘cos everyone sat in the house ordering goose fat and the bus network withered and died and the shops closed so there was no income for the local authority because the amazon depot was an offshore facility serviced by drones where the staff that used to be pickers were now redundant, sat in rented flats they couldn’t afford, playing video games they don’t own whilst listening to AI generated musac that they lease that tells droning metallic tales of dystopians lives in pods where we all aspire to a more hi tech commode.

You've hit the nail on the head. 

People are just dribblingly thick, and the piss poor critical thinking continues.

The traitor's Brexit clearly wasn't toxic enough. Let's see how combining Artificial Intelligence, Amazon Web Services and capitalism goes for the next generations.

Bonus f**ked climate and mass extinctions.

Shall we start Christmas in October next year, it'll be nice distraction from the idiot reality.

Â