Most overrated band ever?

Oaks

Nirvana is a band that I've found out was way better than I thought when they existed, but still no better than decent. Then I thought they were shite.

I don't know if I've ever heard AM.

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Arctic Monkey's are shit.

They were big when I was 16/18 with that shitty "you look good on the dance floor" shit, were constantly on the shitty radio stations and I even heard Noel Gallagher say "they're the best young band around at the moment" and I STILL thought they were shit. 

I hate them.  I hate all their shitty songs.  I hate their wannabe punk/rock and roll fake-ness when they are more of a shitty indie rock shit band. 

They are awful, their fans a more awful and **** this, **** me for mentioning their shitty band and **** you for liking it. 

Gallagher saying that SHOULD tell you that they really are shite.

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Noel Gallagher's solo career. Utter tripe.

Though, love Oasis. 

I really enjoyed the first high flying birds album.  I love "Everybody's on the run", "I wanna live in a dream" and 2 b-sides "Alone on the rope" and "Simple game of Genius". 

Holy Mountain I really like and Dead in the Water and Black and White Sunshine - everything else I'd be happy not to hear again.  Although Fort Knox on max volume in a car with a decent stereo sounds pretty good. 

15 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

You're just mad because they kick off in your country every time they stepped foot in it :lol: 

And how anyone can moan about Oasis taking influence from their favoured music when *LITERALLY* every, single other artist/band do that is laughable. 

You appear to be confusing influence with theft

24 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I really enjoyed the first high flying birds album.  I love "Everybody's on the run", "I wanna live in a dream" and 2 b-sides "Alone on the rope" and "Simple game of Genius". 

Holy Mountain I really like and Dead in the Water and Black and White Sunshine - everything else I'd be happy not to hear again.  Although Fort Knox on max volume in a car with a decent stereo sounds pretty good. 

dead in the water is as good as anything he's written / stolen IMO

on the stealing, its not like he's even shy about it, pays out royalties left right and centre

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

The Eagles greatest Hits just becoming the biggest selling album in America of all time is a prime example of this

That 'Hotel California' song seems like one to check out.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Best thing they ever did is a Bowie cover version :D

Bowie's comments on this were great -  "kids come up afterwards and say, 'It's cool you're doing a Nirvana song.' And I think, 'F_ck you, you little t0sser!"

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Guns & Roses anyone?

Again, a band I only know the hits for, so I’m not best placed to say for certain. But I can imagine some of their stuff seems dated these days.

Also, kudos to @rodders0223 for discovering a sure fire catalyst for dormant threads. 

I wouldn't say overrated as such, but they basically only did 3 & 1/2 albums, a covers album and Chinese Democracy, which is effectively an Axl Rose solo record.

I think the use your illusion albums have aged pretty well to be fair, but then I always preferred them to Appetite for destruction anyway. 

Â