Simply Red

The Blues Brothers

Yellow Magic Orchestra

Cream

Pink

David Gray

The Lilac Time

Orange Juice

I l ike how VT self censors and doesn't mention B**e.

Damn.

14 minutes ago, blandy said:

I l ike how VT self censors and doesn't mention B**e.

Damn.

Blue were good (I'm not counting those more recent name stealers). 

16 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

any one mentioned Foo Fighters yet ?

bland as Coldplay just a bit heavier

tbf Grohl does seem to be a top bloke , but their music just does nothing for me

Agreed. Fully agreeing with Tony, what's wrong with me? Anyway, Dave Grohl, great musician, seems nice and loves Queen, of course. Shame the music is so dul, which is exactly what I feel about their music. Not bad, just dull. And I wrote all of this for one reason only. :D

• Like 1

Early Foo’s were quality. Everything after The Pretender has been utter shite.

The absolute big one for me are Kings of Leon. That first album is one of my favourites of all time, it was unique, they had their own sound and style and they could have been one of the biggest bands in the world still imo but the second album came out and to me they became just any other band; dull, generic, identikit stuff and yawn inducing new image. But what was bizarre to me is that they became even bigger and popular because of this image change. Made me sad. 

• Like 1

ok, I'm a gonna make one of those statements...

I don't think I know anything by the Foo Fighters.

I know of them, I think I'd recognise a picture of them and I know they were a sort of festival headline band. But name a song or hum a tune? Nothing. 

Same with Nirvana to be honest, except I know they did teen spirit. So they're one up on FF.

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

ok, I'm a gonna make one of those statements...

I don't think I know anything by the Foo Fighters.

I know of them, I think I'd recognise a picture of them and I know they were a sort of festival headline band. But name a song or hum a tune? Nothing. 

Same with Nirvana to be honest, except I know they did teen spirit. So they're one up on FF.

Oh you probably do but it passed you by as some generic rock record that sounds like all the others. it's the beige of rock

• Like 2

Seen Muse a number of times. I'd never stop to listen to them for fun, but they're definitely crowd pleasers. Same with Oasis, but perhaps most of all? Ash.

They all have my grudging professional respect :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Nirvana were great

I think it was me who mentioned Nirvana first I think. They were good like I said earlier, I even saw them a couple of times but they are most definitely overrated, they weren't a band that quite deserve the adulation they currently receive. If Cobain hadn't died in such circumstances then they'd be a sidenote in history by now.

• Like 2

Potentially gonna annoy some of the elders here and I feel a bit mean for the suggestion, but Marc Bolan/T.Rex maybe?

As with other suggestions, I don’t think they were shit, they had some good tunes, one or two excellent ones. But as can be the effect of untimely deaths, Bolan’s legacy is overestimated because of it, in my opinion.

• Like 2

Â