Most overrated band ever?

Oaks

Music is music and it's not worth arguing over personal taste. It's like arguing over your favourite colour.

But for the purposes of the thread:

Fleetwood Mac

Genesis

Bob Dylan

Queen

Black Sabbath

Nirvana

Guns n Roses

Bruce Springsteen

Depeche Mode

Joy Division 

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It's like arguing over your favourite colour.

Red is completely overrated.

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Joy Division

Aye

Everyone bar 

Oasis

Beatles

Smiths

Stone Roses

Beck

Some Shed Seven

Some OCS

The Music

Some Slade

Some Aerosmith 

Some Pink Flloyd

Some Clapton

Some Neil Young

The Who

Cant think of anyone else I like.. So apart from them, music is a big pile of cack and I wouldn't be bothered if I never heard another song. 

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Everyone bar 

Oasis

Beatles

Smiths

Stone Roses

Beck

Some Shed Seven

Some OCS

The Music

Some Slade

Some Aerosmith 

Some Pink Flloyd

Some Clapton

Some Neil Young

The Who

Cant think of anyone else I like.. So apart from them, music is a big pile of cack and I wouldn't be bothered if I never heard another song. 

Dude, there's so much good music out there. There's been so many amazing albums this year alone.  Explore a little :D 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Dude, there's so much good music out there. There's been so many amazing albums this year alone.  Explore a little :D 

No because it's all shit in my head. 

The DMA's are pretty good. 

• Like 1

Definitely Coldplay. How a substitute Geography teacher has managed to make millions sitting in front of piano and churning essentially the same song out for the last 20 years is one of lifes mysteries. No imagination, dire lyrics, and to top it all off he is apparently teetotal and a vegetarian. At least throw a TV out of the window or summit!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nice resurrection thread! 

Definitely Coldplay wholly overrated. Complete and utter boring tripe. The world would be better if their music was taken away. 

Others that are definitely overrated: 

Oasis - the only negative to when Villa win at home. I definitely look back in anger at the speakers when that goes on... Just remind me of chavs thinking they are "emotional innit". 

Megadeth - boring and nothing to them. Whilst Metallica have put out some utter rubbish, I just find Megadeth to be bland as anything. Do not think Mustaine deserves the praise he gets. 

Guns 'n' Roses - 1 good(ish) album 20 years ago. Use Your Illusions (both) definitely overrated. Bloated waffle. 

Sex Pistols - 1 OK(ish) album 40 years ago. Not the originators nor actually original. Added nothing to "punk". Do not deserve the praise that should be given to others (Stooges, Ramones, Clash etc.).

Amy Winehouse - just no. OK singer but there are far, far better out there. Was controversial so was loved by the damn media. Nothing to her and wholly overrated. 

Presley/Jackson/Beatles/Nirvana/Queen/Bowie/Stones/Dylan - I would argue to say influence on others significant enough so whilst may not like them all, they have their significance in the world of music. Those above you could take out of existance and there would be no difference in the music world. (Oasis & Megadeth possibly would be be missed but still think they are overrated!) 

And those that said Sabbath and Maiden... :suspect:. Each to their own but both have significant influence in heavy metal and fantastic live. Definitely fine "f you don't get but they have a big influence on a whole genre and still cracking live (Maiden more so obviously, the drugs are definitely taking a toll on Ozzy). 

Underrated bands? Far too many bands are completely underrated but shouldn't that be a separate thread? 

• Like 1

Just now, cyrusr said:

Even then: Metallica > Megadeth. 

I'll take your word for it, can't say I've ever even tried to listen to Megadeth, the people who wear their t-shirts told me not to without saying a word

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Kasabian.

strange strange band, they're brilliant live and they do have some great songs...but 70% of their stuff is just garbage, they have no real average stuff, its either good or awful

they're definitely making the most of guitar music being pretty shit right now, there arent many genuine headliners kicking about right now with seemingly nothing coming through either and they definitely have it in them, they'll get a big festival every summer without fail because there is no one else

Â