The Perfect Premier League

Chindie

I'm sure we've done this before but can't find it.

What would the perfect Premier League lineup be?

You know we always here about the clubs that deserve to be at the top table, the proper clubs, the big clubs... But what's the definitive lineup for you? Is it all the classic titans of English football, including the ones that have been lost to fallow decades? Does it have a few of the unlikely names to get some success in recent years like Leicester? Or perhaps some of the plucky minnows to play at the highest level in the last 20 years make the cut?

It's a harder question than it appears...

Very quickly and subject to change without warning! :)

• Aston Villa
  • Manchester United
  • Liverpool
  • Arsenal
  • Tottenham
  • Everton
  • Chelsea
  • Manchester City
  • Leeds
  • Nottingham Forest
  • Sheffield Wednesday
  • West Bromwich Albion
  • Wolves
  • Newcastle United
  • Sunderland
  • West Ham
  • Derby County
  • Sheffield Wednesday
  • Leicester
  • Stoke
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Very quickly and subject to change without warning! :)

• Aston Villa
  • Manchester United
  • Liverpool
  • Arsenal
  • Tottenham
  • Everton
  • Chelsea
  • Manchester City
  • Leeds
  • Nottingham Forest
  • Sheffield Wednesday
  • West Bromwich Albion
  • Wolves
  • Newcastle United
  • Sunderland
  • West Ham
  • Derby County
  • Sheffield Wednesday
  • Leicester
  • Stoke

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

In alphabetical order... I'm including all the clubs that have won it (so Blackburn are in...)

• Arsenal
  • Aston Villa
  • Blackburn
  • Bolton
  • Chelsea
  • Everton
  • Leeds
  • Leicester
  • Liverpool
  • Manchester City
  • Manchester Utd
  • Middlesbrough
  • Millwall
  • Newcastle
  • Nottingham Forest
  • Sheffield Wednesday
  • Southampton
  • Sunderland
  • Tottenham
  • West Ham

I've included Millwall as my wildcard, because that sets up a couple of tasty fixtures with Leeds and West Ham.

Bolton are in for Fat Sam's glory days with Djorkaeff etc. Middlesbrough for the Juninho era. Forest because of Clough / European Cups. Wednesday because Hillsborough is one of the great English football grounds. Southampton because of the Le Tissier days at the Dell. Sunderland because of Kevin Phillips and having a proper big fanbase.

No room for any of the other West Midlands clubs IMO. Wolves have been good recently, but for most of my life were a mediocre club trundling around the lower leagues. Same for West Brom. Coventry were a PL club when I was a kid and I associate them with the PL in a lot of ways, but they were always dire. And obviously SHA don't belong anywhere near the PL.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Calm down, Scrooge.

I just hate this discussion, people saying woukd be better if teams like Leeds and Sunderland would be back. Is a reason they aren't 

Football is played on the pitch 😜

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I just hate this discussion, people saying woukd be better if teams like Leeds and Sunderland would be back. Is a reason they aren't 

I love visiting grounds like Sheffield Wednesday, so it's not an issue for me.

I also used to love visiting Hereford when they were in the football league, so I want them back.

It's fantasy football, it's harmless.

Perhaps you could dream of imagining Ireland in a world cup final... No wait. You're right. 😁

Edited by avfcDJ

1 hour ago, avfcDJ said:

I love visiting grounds like Sheffield Wednesday, so it's not an issue for me.

I also used to love visiting Hereford when they were in the football league, so I want them back.

It's fantasy football, it's harmless.

Perhaps you could dream of imagining Ireland in a world cup final... No wait. You're right. 😁

Sure I have seen it ;)

Preston should be given a wildcard.

Historic club and when you talk about long suffering fans and teams like Sheff Weds and Leeds they're on a whole different planet, last time they played in top division was 60-61 season! Any fan who could remember that season is touching 70 now.

Been a reasonably good championship club for much of the last 20 seasons and fallen in the play offs 4-5 times but have had to see Wigan, Blackpool and Burnley all make it before them.

In the mix again this season but can't really see them finishing above WBA or Leeds or even Fulham who are lurking below the top 2.

• Like 1

• Arsenal
  • Aston Villa
  • Blackburn
  • Bolton
  • Chelsea
  • Derby
  • Wimbledon
  • Everton
  • Leeds
  • Leicester
  • Liverpool
  • Manchester City
  • Manchester United
  • Middlesbrough
  • Newcastle United
  • Nottingham Forest
  • Southampton
  • Tottenham
  • Wolves
  • West Ham

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

Spot on.  I love sides like Huddersfield getting a shot at the Premier League too.  **** clubs being there "just because".

I'll never understand those who moan about "sides like Bournemouth, Brighton, Burnley etc." being nothing sides.

• Like 1

Â