Tell me about yourself

lapal_fan

Strengths?

Weaknesses?

What are you good at?  Shit at?  What makes you, you

Do you ever analyse your character?  

As I get older, I analyse myself, but more so the affect I have on others.  Even 2 or 3 years ago, I wouldn't think too much about anything I said.. Maybe it's having children, maybe it's age or a mixture of both.  

I'd say something like "I think too deeply", but I don't think that's necessarily true to be honest.  I do think I "feel" more about certain things when I compare my reaction to something, to my wife's reaction.  We've just come back from Las Vegas, where everything is BIG and in your face.  I walk around with my mouth open and my wife just takes it in her stride.  When we got back and saw my kids, I welled up a bit at their reaction to seeing us.  I think maybe I feel nostalgia quite vividly compared to her, but I couldn't quantify it. 

I want to be everywhere at once.  I get somewhat jealous of other peoples experiences for no reason.  It doesn't manifest itself any particular way, but I'll compare myself to whoever it may be to see if I've done "better or worse".. Not sure why.. 

love learning about stuff.. I'd sit and listen to anything really, BUT I lose interest if whatever I'm learning about gets too in depth.  Not sure if that's familiar to anyone.  I'd love to know everything about everything, but I lose focus on everything when I'm content enough.  That isn't particularly helpful when it comes to education.  I'd never be able to become a Mechanical Engineer because even though I find stuff interesting, knowing too much about... I dunno... an Air Handling Unit is boring, right? I know a bit about a lot I guess.

I really, actively enjoy winding people up and seeing how far I can push/annoy that person until they actually get angry.. Why?  No idea, I hate the thought of upsetting people. 

• Like 1

Ha - VT knows enough already!

Recently noticed this is the nearest thing to a diary I have.

I search for something and the results include incidents I'd completely forgotten from years back.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Xann said:

Ha - VT knows enough already!

Pretty much this - you lot probably know me pretty well. 

One thing that does fascinate me is how much my personality was shaped by being an only child. My wife was one of five, and it's surprising how the differences still manifest themselves. 

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Pretty much this - you lot probably know me pretty well. 

One thing that does fascinate me is how much my personality was shaped by being an only child. My wife was one of five, and it's surprising how the differences still manifest themselves. 

I was as well and it definitely does. I definitely developed "selfish" traits because I only had to look out for myself for the first 18 years of my life. 

38 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

The details of my life are quite inconsequential...

Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking, I highly suggest you try it.

Brilliant.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I really, actively enjoy winding people up and seeing how far I can push/annoy that person until they actually get angry

i might give this a go , got any tips ?

6 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Do you ever analyse your character?  

I really, actively enjoy winding people up and seeing how far I can push/annoy that person until they actually get angry.. Why?  No idea, I hate the thought of upsetting people. 

:trollface:🤣

And it's undoubtedly what's most endearing about you!

Â