Tell me about yourself

lapal_fan

10 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Anyone have any ideas on what I should do for my 50th next year?

Family related or lads type stuff ?

i turn 50 next year also 

Mrs H is planning something for me family wise , with knowledge that if it’s a surprise party I’ll turn around and leave , not that my kids could keep that a secret anyway :)

Lads wise I’m currently planning a beer thing with a difference   .... long term viewers will know for my 40th I crossed the date line so I turned 40 in Auckland whilst getting rather drunk in some bar , woke up the next morning did a boat trip around Auckland Harbour , then caught a flight to Samoa in the afternoon where by I was 39 again when I got off the plane , so turned 40 whilst getting rather drunk in a bar in Apia

so , 50th was looking for something equally quirky but more accessible for my mates , we did Mad Cool festival for my mates 50th so that’s kinda been done so I’ve come up with a pub crawl in 8 countries in one day ( if I can make an early morning flight from the U.K. work then it will be 9 countries ... have an hour in each pub , start in Maastricht  Netherlands , Belgium , France , Luxembourg, Switzerland , Liechtenstein, Austria and Germany ... end in  friedrichshafen  , where the following day there is options of a Zeppelin flight before heading off to Munich or somewhere for a couple more nights of excess   

• Like 3

Just like most people, the person I am is the culmination of my parent's personalities and efforts.

Before marrying my Dad, my Mum was a counsellor for zookeepers who felt distraught that they had lost connection with the animals under their care.

My Dad was just mean. He would give me and my brother 5 dollars each two days before Christmas, sneak into our rooms on the night of Christmas Eve and steal it, then would beat us on Christmas Day for losing it.

So, that explains why I am mixed up. I don't know if I am a kind person who thinks he is a mean person pretending to be kind, or a mean person who thinks he is a kind person pretending to be mean.

I have issues.

On 23/11/2019 at 11:21, tonyh29 said:

so , 50th was looking for something equally quirky but more accessible for my mates , we did Mad Cool festival for my mates 50th so that’s kinda been done so I’ve come up with a pub crawl in 8 countries in one day ( if I can make an early morning flight from the U.K. work then it will be 9 countries ... have an hour in each pub , start in Maastricht  Netherlands , Belgium , France , Luxembourg, Switzerland , Liechtenstein, Austria and Germany ... end in  friedrichshafen  , where the following day there is options of a Zeppelin flight before heading off to Munich or somewhere for a couple more nights of excess   

Sounds an excellent idea. How will you get to the different places? Trains and buses? 

This thread is why I love VT. A lifelong numpty starts a thread with a post which has some soul-searching depth and introspection. The responses are a mixture of ridiculing the OP, ridiculing other members of VT, self-ridicule and a smattering of more genuinely honest responses (not that I’m saying the ridicule wasn’t genuine). 

I think for me, my main character trait would be that of indecision. I think. Or maybe not. 

I’m mid-40s (more like late-40s but I’m in denial) and I’ve already had a way more successful life than The 20 year old me would have expected. I overthink everything though. Some days I breeze through work and other times I’m convinced that today is the day I get found out for being a fraud who is incapable of doing my job. 
Some days I think I’m so lucky to have a great partner then other days I think I don’t deserve her then others still I think she doesn’t deserve me. 
These are just a couple of easy examples but I do wonder how so many people around me are so certain of their world and their place in  it. I’d have expected to have things worked out by now, if not completely, at least a little better than this. 

Edited by choffer
All the typos!
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Xela said:

Sounds an excellent idea. How will you get to the different places? Trains and buses? 

Trains and car( uber type no way anyone will be fit to drive ! )  think buses will be too slow ... plus cars gives us a bit of flexibility , plan is an hour in each country not just neck a pint and leave 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Trains and car( uber type no way anyone will be fit to drive ! )  think buses will be too slow ... plus cars gives us a bit of flexibility , plan is an hour in each country not just neck a pint and leave 

On 23/11/2019 at 11:21, tonyh29 said:

Family related or lads type stuff ?

i turn 50 next year also 

Mrs H is planning something for me family wise , with knowledge that if it’s a surprise party I’ll turn around and leave , not that my kids could keep that a secret anyway :)

Lads wise I’m currently planning a beer thing with a difference   .... long term viewers will know for my 40th I crossed the date line so I turned 40 in Auckland whilst getting rather drunk in some bar , woke up the next morning did a boat trip around Auckland Harbour , then caught a flight to Samoa in the afternoon where by I was 39 again when I got off the plane , so turned 40 whilst getting rather drunk in a bar in Apia

Not going to be cheap. Maastricht to say Liege 70 Euros for an Uber X, 110 for van without any surge (if you'll find one that will take you)

Very much doubt you'll get one from Liege to Luxembourg as its not available in Luxembourg, So thats your Lux to France leg buggered

Gonna need some planning  and big funds

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not going to be cheap. Maastricht to say Liege 70 Euros for an Uber X, 110 for van without any surge (if you'll find one that will take you)

Very much doubt you'll get one from Liege to Luxembourg as its not available in Luxembourg, So thats your Lux to France leg buggered

Gonna need some planning  and big funds

Yeah , I said uber to simplify things but hadn’t got as far as checking , it will more likely be a local company I’ve got 8 months to nail down the finer details ...

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Yeah , I said uber to simplify things but hadn’t got as far as checking , it will more likely be a local company I’ve got 8 months to nail down the finer details ...

I'd have a look at the travelling times too, not as close to each other as you'd imagine

3 hours ago, bickster said:

I'd have a look at the travelling times too, not as close to each other as you'd imagine

should add that we’d fly Lux to Zurich as thats the stretch you are probably thinking of as the long one , about a 5 hr drive v 55 min flight 

the other legs are all achievable, in theory , but if it looks horrendous I’ll revert to the original plan which was just 6 countries :) 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

should add that we’d fly Lux to Zurich as thats the stretch you are probably thinking of as the long one , about a 5 hr drive v 55 min flight 

the other legs are all achievable, in theory , but if it looks horrendous I’ll revert to the original plan which was just 6 countries :) 

I love reading about your travels and journeys, very jealous of it all.

45 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Could be after Brexit, 7 hours to clear Swiss customs :trollface:

• Haha 2

On 23/11/2019 at 00:09, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Anyone have any ideas on what I should do for my 50th next year?

Looks like VT favours Vegas.

Or stay in , Pot Noodle and wank.

Hello all

I'm a 33 year old male and in love with my sister. I also have an extra 2 toes and knuckles that drag on the floor. Missing a few teeth with the rest becoming decayed and a funny shade of yellow

Also support The Blues

Â