The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The exit polls suggest that the country is significantly further right than the centre.

I’m not sure that’s true, you underestimate how anti-Corbyn and his policies people are. Give me a Tom Watson type and I would of probably shifted my vote for the first time in 20 years.

1 minute ago, andyjsg said:

I’m not sure that’s true, you underestimate how anti-Corbyn and his policies people are. Give me a Tom Watson type and I would of probably shifted my vote for the first time in 20 years.

Are the things that make people anti Corbyn genuinely more off putting than the things that make up a word removed like BoJo? 

5 minutes ago, andyjsg said:

I think that’s the key , most places I heard people talking , I didn’t hear endorsements for Johnson it was simply how much people disliked Corbyn 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Are the things that make people anti Corbyn genuinely more off putting than the things that make up a word removed like BoJo? 

I mean, the polls speak for themselves, don't they?

This is what the English and Welsh like.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hopefully clowns like Ash Sarkar fade into obscurity after this.

Tom Watson left at exactly the wrong time. Sane Labour need some political warriors to retake their party, Jess Philips isn't going to cut it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Given the power he now has within Parliament, do you think there's a chance that Boris will go back to the EU with a harder Brexit deal knowing that he can now push through No Deal much more easily than he could previously?

No.

I don't believe the withdrawal agreement is of any particular significance. All Tory PPCs are signed up to it and with the majority predicted by the exit poll the WAB should be passed by 25th Dec. The WAB is the important thing not the WA.

Why would he rock that boat or delay the open goals that the WAB afford any future government?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

The tories, their supporters, supporters of brexit, the brexit party, fans of Farage etc... which clearly the country is packed with to the majority really dont give a single flying **** about the future of your kids, anyone else's kids, or anyone else at all. It's all operation EU is bad, let's stop the terrorist looking people coming in and Our Borders! Our Borders! Oh our dear Borders! 

You think people who voted for Brexit hate their own kids? Seriously? Dude, I hope you can rethink your general take on the 'opposition' once things calm down. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Given the power he now has within Parliament, do you think there's a chance that Boris will go back to the EU with a harder Brexit deal knowing that he can now push through No Deal much more easily than he could previously?

If anything he isn't nearly as handcuffed by the ERG if he gets a big majority.  He has far more options open now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

No.

I don't believe the withdrawal agreement is of any particular significance. All Tory PPCs are signed up to it and with the majority predicted by the exit poll the WAB should be passed by 25th Dec. The WAB is the important thing not the WA.

Why would he rock that boat or delay the open goals that the WAB afford any future government?

To save me wasting ink...

This 

11 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

As soon as you start talking about nationalising stuff like water and power you have gone full Marxism. You may have me on board for rail (excuse the pun) but the rest seem ridiculous to me. They see Corbyn and his pals and they see 1970s Russia but without the military, they see us becoming the next Greece. Maybe if they looked outside their echo chamber they may see what people want, centrist politics and to be able to define it rather than calling anyone who doesn’t agree with them a nazi or evil etc.

Edited by andyjsg
Typo

9 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I'm not 100% sure I understood your answer, but I think it means that getting out is the important bit and that they'll be able to write the future rules and trade deals in whatever way they like once that's done. I just wondered if his most profitable option is No Deal and this result gives him a chance to push that through rather than the current arrangements that I would think he sees as a compromise. 

You had me at "No."

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Boris played a blinder, let's be honest.

Backed the right horse in the ref, then got his way to leader and will win a huge majority.

He fools people into thinking he's a bumbling idiot. The reality is he's very smart. Being a tory mayor in labour heartland London... twice, head of the Oxford Union, member of the Eton Society (something Cameron failed to gain membership of) and potentially a massive majority tonight. 

9 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

If anything he isn't nearly as handcuffed by the ERG if he gets a big majority.  He has far more options open now.

Exactly - my worry is that his preferred option is No Deal.

As per Snowy though (I think), that would be unnecessary for him at this point and would slow down his ability to get Brexit erm...completed.