The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Exactly - my worry is that his preferred option is No Deal.

As per Snowy though (I think), that would be unnecessary for him at this point and would slow down his ability to get Brexit erm...completed.

I don’t think Johnson ‘prefers’ No Deal (I don’t think he has an ideological position either way) it’s the ERG who want ‘No Deal’. 

• Like 1

I bet it wouldn't make much difference if Labour electes a new leader. Conservatives will play every dirty trick in the book to win again and again, they have the backing of the media. Too many sheeps in this country that will follow what they want to hear.

Politics is not what it used to be, data analytics is more prominent than ever. Tap into the popular soundbite and press repeat, combine that with the media on their side then it's a recipe for success. 

Sadly don't see any other party toppling Conservatives. Trump set a precedent, lie, cheat break the rules, doesn't matter. They have a formula to win,  believe that!!

3 minutes ago, supermon said:

I bet it wouldn't make much difference if Labour electes a new leader. Conservatives will play every dirty trick in the book to win again and again, they have the backing of the media. Too many sheeps in this country that will follow what they want to hear.

Politics is not what it used to be, data analytics is more prominent than ever. Tap into the popular soundbite and press repeat, combine that with the media on their side then it's a recipe for success. 

Sadly don't see any other party toppling Conservatives. Trump set a precedent, lie, cheat break the rules, doesn't matter. They have a formula to win,  believe that!!

Heard one pundit say that the ground has shifted so much that politicians don't care if they are caught lying any more 

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not 100% sure I understood your answer, but I think it means that getting out is the important bit and that they'll be able to write the future rules and trade deals in whatever way they like since that's done. I just wondered if his most profitable option is No Deal and this result gives him a chance to push that through rather than the current arrangements that I would think he sees as a compromise.

Getting out is important in that being in is an obstacle (maybe the obstacle).

But the WAB and its details are very, very important as they will roll back various restrictions on future government powers via secondary legislation that were debated over and forced on the government by parliament (contrary to the nonsense that parliament didn't do anything and just endlessly debated shite).

There are obstacles outwith our system but the real obstacles (contrary to the whole sovereignty debate) are within and this allows them to further bypass them (more than the prior governments of Blair, Cameron and May did).

I really don't think it's about no deal now but I don't think they'd care wither way - deal/no deal/fta doesn't really matter once the enabling legislation is passed. It's about how quickly a minority can change the nature of British institutions without any proper parliamentary and constitutional accountability.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, supermon said:

Do you really think Labour have run a great campaign? Do you honestly believe the people would support this Labour Party if it wasn’t for the media tricking them?

The Labour Party have been pandering to a very niche crowd for a number of years now. Their big victory last election was not losing as bad as they thought and their big hope this election, even amongst their die hard fans, was for a hung parliament.

They need to come back to appealing to the people again. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I don’t think Johnson ‘prefers’ No Deal (I don’t think he has an ideological position either way) it’s the ERG who want ‘No Deal’. 

Johnson couldn't give a shit about any of it.

He wants to be PM and he's quite happy to follow the blueprint of whoever is driving his campaign.

Just now, LondonLax said:

Appealing to the people is much less important than appealing to those that inform them.

The Labour party as a party of Labour - as an actual Labour party is dead. It's not just Corbyn that's finished - it's the idea of a traditional Labour party with traditional Labour values - the future will be much like the US - two parties that represent corporate interest and have very minor differences that give them the illusion of any sort of real choice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

This result is so clear that it not only finishes Corbyn, it finishes an ideology. 

Centre left on economics + centre right on social/culture = majority in UK. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Centre left on economics + centre right on social/culture = majority in UK. 

We've just voted in a hard right economic party on a massive majority - Corbyn was nearer to centre left economically than Johnson - why would you think we'd get a majority for a centre left economic government?

2 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

I like Huw's haircut, I do not like the crushed shredded wheat that has been sprayed a weird brown colour & glued to andrew Neil's head & why does it look like his earpiece is trying to tear his ear off

Huw looks like Max Headroom (ask your dad).

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Do you really think Labour have run a great campaign? Do you honestly believe the people would support this Labour Party if it wasn’t for the media tricking them?

The Labour Party have been pandering to a very niche crowd for a number of years now. Their big victory last election was not losing as bad as they thought and their big hope this election, even amongst their die hard fans, was for a hung parliament.

I honestly do think the media plays a huge a role. I thought labours manifesto was the better of the two. I really hope labour do get a new leader, I just fear he or she will be smeared left right and centre and just won't cut it.