The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

No Tory representative available for Newsnight, according to Emma Barnett.

They were all hanging around backstage at the debate, trying to be intimidating if Hancock's style was anything to go by.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I’ve not watched the debate, but on the NHS funding issues - I used to work in the civil service doing some valuation for PFIs and it’s absolutely criminal the increases of total spending that are going towards it year on year. Make no mistake, this has ramped up massively since the coalition.

Most depressingly people love to buy into the ‘but Blair’s government started them’ narrative (actually Major if I understand correctly). It’s easy for a lot of the Conservative voters to just shout about Blair with no knowledge about how much this shite is increasing year on year.

Funding under Blair (and Major from memory) was actually good.  It's literally anything but that right now.

Anyone know if Paxman is doing interviews this year, I assume not given he left Newsnight a while ago.

Still remember in I think 2015 him completely throwing Cameron with his first question being about how many people were on zero hours contracts. And Cameron was pretty good at the debates from memory.

Would love to see him v Boris Johnson for half an hour.

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Anyone know if Paxman is doing interviews this year, I assume not given he left Newsnight a while ago.

Still remember in I think 2015 him completely throwing Cameron with his first question being about how many people were on zero hours contracts. And Cameron was pretty good at the debates from memory.

Would love to see him v Boris Johnson for half an hour.

Not seen anything I’m afraid. 

Next up I think is the 7 way free for all with everyone next Friday. Interestingly though BBC have plumped for the ex-political chief Nick Robinson rather than the current incumbent to host it. 

• Like 1

This does not appear to be a parody account.

She describes herself as a Conservative political communications and social media consultant.

I can't tell if this claim about tax is a deliberate lie, or if she really is as staggeringly stupid as she seems.

• Haha 1

She got skewered last night. Her whole angle is "I am the better alternative to dysfunctional political establishment". 

Last night Sheffield batted that back to her. She is about as establishment as it gets. Her record in government speaks for itself and her illiterate policy on Brexit stinks. 

I just hope that Labour voters in Lib Dem/Con marginals are not too put off and lend them a vote to deny the Tories a majority. 

• Like 2