Match Thread: Villa v Wolves

limpid

4 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

We need to give Trez time. We've had plenty of players who took time to adapt, Petrov was really poor to begin with - after a great debut, admittedly.

Agreed, people slating our now players is absolutely daft, of course they need to improve, they know it but everyone has different timeframes and learning in them.

They know they need improve, just 10 games in the prem and some are expecting them to be as good as some players who have been in the league for a while now.

Don't understand it all to be honest, I think all of the signings Smith, Jesus and Purslow have made can make it in the prem but some will take longer than others.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Petrov was overrated by many. Half on here thought he wasn't great and needed to be dropped often then didn't mention it anymore after he got sick. Lansbury deserves starts more than Trez at this rate

Put me in that camp. Petrov is (for me) the most overrated Villa player in recent years. While I respect fans emotions and support for him during his sickness I never liked him as a player. But opinions I guess.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Davis been a mixed bag.

Good at holding the ball up, but just like Wesley he needs to learn how to pass and move. Play more effective football. Too much dilly dallying at times.

His ability to bring the team into play is another level compared to Wes. Hopefully mr. Moraes is watching tonight 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Davis been a mixed bag.

Good at holding the ball up, but just like Wesley he needs to learn how to pass and move. Play more effective football. Too much dilly dallying at times.

Good work outside the box, looks anything but a goal threat, not helped by a lack of service though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Did the Wolves fans really sing "S*** on the Villa" in the opening?

Christ, they really are obsessed with us. What they don't realize is we don't give a s*** about them nor do rest of the country,

We don't give a sh*t about them, except for when we are endlessly commenting on us not caring about them endlessly commenting on us, you mean?

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Petrov was overrated by many. Half on here thought he wasn't great and needed to be dropped often then didn't mention it anymore after he got sick. Lansbury deserves starts more than Trez at this rate

He, Petrov was ask play Defensive midfield under Martin O'Neill when he is fact actually effective in Attack Midfield this a reason, he take a time to play better in this roles which suit him in his later career before his sick was occurs.

it was which usefully for us in DM as leader and more control games, keep ball, good tackle (grab ball and create fast counter attack from his position like "quarterback" did) so it is no fair judge about compare to him and Trez as Petrov is out of position when Trez is not out of position..

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Agreed, people slating our now players is absolutely daft, of course they need to improve, they know it but everyone has different timeframes and learning in them.

They know they need improve, just 10 games in the prem and some are expecting them to be as good as some players who have been in the league for a while now.

Don't understand it all to be honest, I think all of the signings Smith, Jesus and Purslow have made can make it in the prem but some will take longer than others.

I have a problem with him playing at expense of El Ghazi who some people seem happy to have a go at even though he's 3 goals and 2 assists in all comps to the good of Trez who doesn't look like scoring in a million years. If he looks crap he looks crap

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why’s that surprising? He’s a good player and has been consistent since February.

I think it's a bit surprising since Elmo haven't played in a long time.

Didn't think he would be as match fit.

18 minutes ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

yeh we got few weak area only need left back for reaplace this taylor who poor tonight, and forward for push wesley even take first choice but davis did brilliant tonight and show why he should start ahead wesley for next few games and left foot winger|inside forward is must as we got lack left foot winger (only jota but he injury)

maybe creative midfield for back up grealish but we have o'hare and Ramsey for this back up so no feel urgent...  that all

Villa is play really great tonight, even they are 2nd team, we area miles ahead of them and we will got lots goals incoming, only need confience like davis need to goal will boost his confience and grant starter next games.

Don't know about Davis starting before Wes, Wes has goals Davis doesn't at the moment, I do wish he would though we would then have two scorers off the mark. Again I still think Wes gets the nod but Davis does run more and his work rate is better than Wesley's, i just dont think the goals come for Davis like they will for Wesley. Ive been thinking that Davis is in the wrong position, id play him as a CAM because he certainly can cause problems, i think he should try and do what Jack does hes capable of the same style of play, I just think he'd be better utilised elsewhere instead of striker.

Wes for me is our main striker.