Match Thread: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Back to the topic of the game...

Lansbury pass was class but having seen it from every possible angle during half time, their left back was caught in no man's land for the goal. 

Would like to see us get to the byline more second half.

2 minutes ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

He, Petrov was ask play Defensive midfield under Martin O'Neill when he is fact actually effective in Attack Midfield this a reason, he take a time to play better in this roles which suit him in his later career before his sick was occurs.

it was which usefully for us in DM as leader and more control games, keep ball, good tackle (grab ball and create fast counter attack from his position like "quarterback" did) so it is no fair judge about compare to him and Trez as Petrov is out of position when Trez is not out of position..

Complete digression, but wasn't Petrov's debut a masterclass CAM performance against West Ham and after that he was never given that role again? 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Complete digression, but wasn't Petrov's debut a masterclass CAM performance against West Ham and after that he was never given that role again? 

Probably because MON rarely payed with a CAM. 

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

anywhere to listen to this on radio etc? (legitimately)

Just tried BBC WM but not available online.............

I can get audio on the Villa app under "AVTV". I used to have a subscription but don't any more and it still works.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I have a problem with him playing at expense of El Ghazi who some people seem happy to have a go at even though he's 3 goals and 2 assists in all comps to the good of Trez who doesn't look like scoring in a million years. If he looks crap he looks crap

I think both players are good and yet both have been flawed this season, Trez needs to be utilised properly, I just don't think that's happening yet, Ghaz I think is great but could be much better and it shows with him missing at least three easy goals so far this season.

As I said both have there flaws and the only times this season where they both really shine it seems because of the fact they were off the subs bench, when they started they have both been rough.

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yes I think you’re right, although despite him having a good game, didn’t we lose 3-0. Or am I mixing up seasons?

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I could be wrong but how I remember it was he was given exactly that role for 10 games or so but didn't deliver. Then was benched and brought back later in the season in more defensive role and was our best player in that role, mostly because he was so calm, moved the ball and never gave it away. 

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Don't know about Davis starting before Wes, Wes has goals Davis doesn't at the moment, I do wish he would though we would then have two scorers off the mark. Again I still think Wes gets the nod but Davis does run more and his work rate is better than Wesley's, i just dont think the goals come for Davis like they will for Wesley. Ive been thinking that Davis is in the wrong position, id play him as a CAM because he certainly can cause problems, i think he should try and do what Jack does hes capable of the same style of play, I just think he'd be better utilised elsewhere instead of striker.

Wes for me is our main striker.

Wes is for me is ACM roles suit for him more than Davis is... wes is not great forward, as i often point about his movement in forward was poor and his feet was lethal finisher but problem intel to running to attack ball is poor (yet Davis is same problem as wesley yet did better job despite Wesley goal record compare to Davis) 

that why we need devilery to his feet and he will bang for us, but problem lack service to him and he didn't make running to attack ball to exploit chance, also wes often go too deep so no chance to running to box where striker suppose loiter around opponet box or outside of edge the box.

would like see Archer take this roles tonight over Davis.