January Transfers 2019/20

sne

40 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we already have one or two deals provisionally agreed, but they’re dependent on a chain of deals going through at other clubs.

But given we were short on numbers when Wesley, Davis and Kodjia were fit, surely we will want another striker in this window with Wesley injured and Kodjia gone? 

So while I get your point that succeeding in this pursuit is a different question, I’d have thought the club will be happy to spend a slight premium if necessary to get another striker over the line.

Likewise there'd be a few deals where we have established the terms, but not put an offer forward, let alone agreed upon a fee.

Slimani for example is a player who is available to us if we want him, only the condition is that he is signed permanently this window, whereas we wanted to loan him.

I think we will see another striker, it's just going to be difficult because we want to loan for obvious reasons, like potential relegation, and investing in a sub-optimal target.

Not a whole host of clubs will have the kind of striker we want available for loan, and offering a fee for permanent moves is suicidal should we get relegated.

The only deals we'll see for notable and exciting prospects, imo, are going to be ones where there is a loan-to-buy option attached.

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate they already have quite a few quality players and still manage to be shite.... Lol

Haller would be lovely, along with Anderson.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1

If we've bid 5million for Sturridge and it gets accepted I'll be absolutely chuffed. Provided he stays injury free we have a very good players on our team. Apparently Espanyol have bid for Callejon, I just hope we've matched it. Also reading Benteke bid for 8.5million made, but I'd rather Sturridge and Callejon myself.

9 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Also reading Benteke bid for 8.5million made, but I'd rather Sturridge and Callejon myself.

All garbage. I don't think our board would go anywhere near these 3 especially not a 32 year old winger 

Edited by Kiwivillan

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

All garbage. I don't think our board would go anywhere near these 3 especially not a 32 year old winger 

I think Callejon would be the most attractive player of the 3, even to our board. Where are you going to get proven talent for 8.5million?

He has averaged double digit assists in the last 3 consecutive Serie A seasons, as well as scoring double digits in 2 of 3 of those seasons as well.

He has played in many positions, in any of the three forward roles, as a striker, as an AM, as a CM, as a wing-back.

11 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I think Callejon would be the most attractive player of the 3, even to our board. Where are you going to get proven talent for 8.5million?

He has averaged double digit assists in the last 3 consecutive Serie A seasons, as well as scoring double digits in 2 of 3 of those seasons as well.

He has played in many positions, in any of the three forward roles, as a striker, as an AM, as a CM, as a wing-back.

Will it be a loan? What wages is he on? Serie A and PL are completely different leagues. Big names come often and struggle

There's no way we're going to buy a player same age as Elmo. If we're not going for a Bowen type signing, which I don't think we're looking to spend that kind of money, we'll be signing capable backup not on stupid wages

Edited by Kiwivillan

If we didn't want Sturridge when he was available on a free transfer in the summer, I doubt that we'd want him now for £4m, besides the Trabzonspor chairman has come out today and said that he's not for sale and won't be going anywhere this transfer window.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Will it be a loan? What wages is he on? Serie A and PL are completely different leagues. Big names come often and struggle

There's no way we're going to buy a player same age as Elmo. If we're not going for a Bowen type signing, which I don't think we're looking to spend that kind of money, we'll be signing capable backup not on stupid wages

No idea. N'Zonzi just turned us down for a loan, and he's 31. If the quality of player is there, I'm sure we'll be looking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Did he? 

That's what I just read, he's opted to sign for Rennes who are third in Ligue 1, as that's where his family is (France)

Edited by A'Villan