January Transfers 2019/20

sne

I'm very dubious about the Jota rumours because I don't think I've seen Simon Jones getting anything right about our transfers when he's been the one to break the story, seems like he just makes up random stories. But if Jota does leave then I think we'll need both another striker and a winger.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Tariq lamptey impressive young RB at Chelsea is wanted by Brighton for £6million as he is out of contract this summer ... come on JT put a word in ... 

£6m is an awful lot of money for a player that has played only 1 first team match, he must be good 

I know it won’t happen and it’s not a position we really need to strengthen in at the moment, but would love us to sign Eze on deadline day. Would be gutted to see him move without us putting up a fight for him. 

Another couple to challenge Guilbert and Targett would be nice. Shame Nathan Ferguson appears to be going to Palace and Rico Henry, who Smith knows well, appears to be over his injury troubles now. Both good young full backs.

Oh well I won’t be greedy, so I’ll settle for Bowen, Mitrovic and Benrahma as the window slams shut on Friday night. 😉

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Biskitt said:

Soucek going to West Ham is a bit annoying, from the admittedly limited bits I've seen of him, he looks like the sort of player we could do with in midfield

Does he have Championship escape clause? Prefer what we've already got and McGinn coming back 

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m sure club is trying. I just have a feeling we won’t land anymore targets. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we already have one or two deals provisionally agreed, but they’re dependent on a chain of deals going through at other clubs.

But given we were short on numbers when Wesley, Davis and Kodjia were fit, surely we will want another striker in this window with Wesley injured and Kodjia gone? 

So while I get your point that succeeding in this pursuit is a different question, I’d have thought the club will be happy to spend a slight premium if necessary to get another striker over the line.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Does he have Championship escape clause? Prefer what we've already got and McGinn coming back 

Not sure. I'd have like him as he's different to what we have already, he's 6'4, strong and gets round the pitch well. Wether he can get up to speed in the PL (hopefully not) is a question mark though

We got away with it first half of the season. Imagine if Wesley had done his knee on October 1st? With Davis and Kodjia injured for most of the first half of the season we wouldn't have had an actual striker in ten league fixtures.

If you are going to lose players to season ending injuries January is the best time for it to occur as we've seen by getting in Reina to cover Heaton.

We need another striker just for depth and to change the game from the bench.

36 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

£6m is an awful lot of money for a player that has played only 1 first team match, he must be good 

6 million is nothing for young potential and homegrown. Leicester reportedly paid rising to 8mil with add ons for James Justin from Luton 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Biskitt said:

Not sure. I'd have like him as he's different to what we have already, he's 6'4, strong and gets round the pitch well. Wether he can get up to speed in the PL (hopefully not) is a question mark though

Moyes will coach any ability out of him within hours

Dont worry

An extra midfielder is the least of West Ham’s problems

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biskitt said:

Soucek going to West Ham is a bit annoying, from the admittedly limited bits I've seen of him, he looks like the sort of player we could do with in midfield

Mate they already have quite a few quality players and still manage to be shite.... Lol