January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Just now, wilko154 said:

We're in a relegation battle, not a Champions League race.

Experienced players are what we are missing right now.

The talk about signings and types of players was fulfilled in the Summer, we now need some proven experience to see us safely over the line this season.

Good players are what we are missing right now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm one of those fool who likes an exotic name and player to be honest.

However, i've warmed to drinkwater, I might say the T with a Catalonian accent just for good measure.

On a serious note, seems like he has a point to prove, and as others have said, could be a Tyrone Mings situation.

We see how much just ONE player with quality can change us.Experience to boot.

Now on to forwards and defender/fullback!

He had a point to prove at Burnley too after his drunk driving earlier in the year, wen't out got shitfaced and beaten up to the point he couldn't play.

Edit: Who knows, maybe they beat him straight.

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Well at least we can throw everything the club has been spouting about signings and type of players for the last half year out the window now.

Nice words that mean nothing now. I take it more as them being naive rather than disingenuous.

its January short term injury cover

if we had a fully fit squad and were spending £15-20m on him id be worried, in reality as soon as mcginns fit he probably wont get much game time barring him being a good signing which is also a good thing

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

its January short term injury cover

if we had a fully fit squad and were spending £15-20m on him id be worried, in reality as soon as mcginns fit he probably wont get much game time barring him being a good signing which is also a good thing

Realistically, even IF he has the right attitude it will take Drinkwater at least that long to get back to top form.

He's hardly played football for almost 2.5 years

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Realistically, even IF he has the right attitude it will take Drinkwater at least that long to get back to top form.

He's hardly played football for almost 2.5 years

if he's been doing his Iron Man training routines then he should be fit enough. doesn't take kicking a ball to stay fit. here's hoping...

Maybe Nathan Ferguson is another Albion youngster that Mark Harrison will know, that we could go for, has looked excellent every time I've seen him play this season at right-back, and is out of contract at the end of the season so shouldn't cost too much, Spurs being linked but would get more opportunities with us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Barcelona and Aston Villa are close to reaching a €1.5 million agreement for Louie Barry to return to England just six months after he joined the Spanish champions from West Bromwich Albion, sources have told ESPN.

There is interest from several Premier League clubs, including Liverpool and Manchester United, but Villa has been the first-choice destination since the decision was made to leave Barca at the end of last year.

Villa's academy is now run by Mark Harrison, who helped nurture Barry at West Brom, and the Barry family are lifelong Villa supporters.

If the deal is completed, Barry, 16, will be around the first team from the off at Villa Park, but will begin with the U23s. One source at Villa has described the move as "the biggest deal" the club will make this window, and a Premier League debut before the end of the season is a possibility.

Barca beat off competition from Europe's biggest clubs to capture Barry last summer. The England youth international turned down far greater money on offer at Paris Saint-Germain in order to push through a move to Camp Nou.

However, Barry's time in Spain has featured more downs than ups. He excelled in preseason for the club's U19 team as part of an attack that also featured Ansu Fati and Ilaix Moriba, but was unable to make his competitive debut until October due to a delay in processing his registration with FIFA.

Barry scored on his full debut and added another goal off the bench in a league game in December, but has found minutes hard to come by. He has not yet completed 90 minutes.

Coach Franc Artiga, who replaced Victor Valdes on the bench before Barry was eligible to make his debut, has preferred to use the older players in the squad. Barry, who is not 17 until the end of June, is the youngest player in the U19s by some way.

Sources close to the player have bemoaned broken promises on Barca's behalf, saying the club have backtracked on a pledge to give Barry regular game time in a central attacking position.

Saw something on twitter regarding Lyle Taylor, looked a good player in our pre season, pacy and decent finish on him. Surprised he's 29 and hasn't played higher than Championship. But certainly a handful! 

Just now, tomav84 said:

i remember how excited we were the last time we signed a youngster from barca

Who is now a mainstay in a top half premier league team... if he turns out as good as Adama then I’d be happy tbh

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Who is now a mainstay in a top half premier league team... if he turns out as good as Adama then I’d be happy tbh

2 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

to be fair he's done alright for himself

yeah just hope it's for us this time

I don't think we're signing Barry to come straight into the first team, he doesn't turn seventeen until June. Although he was playing for Albion's U18s when he was fifteen, and has been playing for Barcelona's U19s, so seems to be ahead of schedule with his development.