Cameron Archer

Zatman

As sad as I feel about this move.....I can understand it.

There must be a plan in place, with UE and Monchi, to bring in someone else.

chasing after a top 6 place, and sustain it, requires top talent..

I hope Cam does well, and makes a career for himself....from Solihull Moors to Sheff Utd in the Prem is no mean feat.

I trust the dynamic duo, have a solution.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Yeah looks like they need him

Screenshot_20230823-123816-079.thumb.png.14968715624e6012509c2b40b595e9e0.png

I do think they're in for a real struggle of a season though and reckon he'll do well to score 5 goals.

Are they all just really rubbish and they need an upgrade? Seems a strange signing for them if they already have 3 forwards around his age, one in his prime, and another first choice option (probably ahead of Cam) due back from injury shortly ?

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

As sad as I feel about this move.....I can understand it.

There must be a plan in place, with UE and Monchi, to bring in someone else.

chasing after a top 6 place, and sustain it, requires top talent..

I hope Cam does well, and makes a career for himself....from Solihull Moors to Sheff Utd in the Prem is no mean feat.

I trust the dynamic duo, have a solution.

I think the plan is to develop Duran. Third choice striker was a waste of Cam’s talent it would stagnated his development as would signing another striker and relegating Duran to third choice.

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Quite a few on their forums saying were obligated to buy him back for 20m should they get relegated?

Somebody needs to explain to them that if he comes good & we want him back that's when we activate the buy back clause not if they get relegated 🤦‍♂️

8 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Quite a few on their forums saying were obligated to buy him back for 20m should they get relegated?

I'd say it's option to buy back for 20m if relegated and a higher fee if not relegated and we activate buyback

13 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I think the plan is to develop Duran. Third choice striker was a waste of Cam’s talent it would stagnated his development as would signing another striker and relegating Duran to third choice.

Duran is better physically equipped to hold the ball up.....as well as his huge burst of pace.....more like Ollie's style.

Cam is more a fox in the box, a bit more like Billy Sharp....could work out well for all parties.

Edited by TRO

24 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Are they all just really rubbish and they need an upgrade? Seems a strange signing for them if they already have 3 forwards around his age, one in his prime, and another first choice option (probably ahead of Cam) due back from injury shortly ?

Well McBurnie and Brewster have pretty much proven they can't score regularly and I've only seen a little bit of Jebbison and Osula. No idea about Traore. I assume if they're spending pretty big money on Archer he will get plenty of game time though.

• Thanks 1

Sad to see cam go but that’s a great deal with the so called “FPP boost” providing plenty of dosh for transfers and wages…never quite got the chance he needed here but I’m sure he’s happy to go and play premier league football as a starter. I don’t think he pushed for the move as much as bidace or Ramsey, just a feeling I get.

we only have a few days left of the window, wonder if we will sit on the cash and use it in jan or next summer or if we are going to make a few late moves 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

18m great deal for us. Wish him well

Hoping there is a buyback clause

the FFP shenanigans for these buy backs is very interesting. A sale for £18m and buy back next summer at say £25m means we are in a positive FFP position for 3 full years and we get a player with a season of PL football under their belt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Can understand Aaron Ramsy's move, don't understand this one.

We will need to bring in 2 forwards in less than a week if this happens. 

If Watkins gets a long-term injury we are in trouble.

Cam has never been given a proper chance for Villa and letting him go this early in his career seems a risk.

We have Watkins, Duran and Diaby (theoretically) for 1 position in the team.  That's fine, really.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

One of their issues is Rhian Brewster is absolutely **** terrible

24 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I'm surprised that Sheff United are taking another risk on a Championship-only proven striker after what happened with Brewster. However, thanks for the £18m.

Its hard to find good strikers, but Sheff Utd will find it harder, being a newly promoted club, with the smart money on them to go down.....who of any ilk, is likely to come.

We ourselves have found it hard, when we have been out of the European places.......all in all , Cam is a good move for them.

Â