Cameron Archer

Zatman

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

On what basis does he have a higher ceiling? Nit saying ramsey isnt good but look at archers stats last two ywars in championship? Far more impressive 

There is no remote possibility of us selling him for under 10 million. That is not happening

I think what we've seen with Archer is what there is, competent finisher but won't be top level, don't mind getting rid on the assumption that we sign someone else but won't be happy if we aren't spending

8 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

No, it doesn’t work like that. Villa have six players who are fully expected to be included in their 25-man Premier League squad and also fit the homegrown quota. They are: Matty Cash, Ezri Konsa, Emi Martinez, Tyrone Mings, Ollie Watkins and Jacob Ramsey.

A homegrown player is a player who, irrespective of nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to The FA or the FA of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons before his 21st birthday.

But 4 of the 8 have to be from villas academy…if wiki is to be believed.

I think it's an error.

Not sure what more Cam can do, remember he was playing for the under 21s into July and cut short his summer break to join up for pre season.

No way I can see Duran being a more effective backup this season. If Cam goes we need two new attackers given we're still a wide attacker light. People going on about 10 games or so in December, people genuinely think Ollie is going to start all of them?!

January of course can be a different story.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ogen said:

I think what we've seen with Archer is what there is, competent finisher but won't be top level, don't mind getting rid on the assumption that we sign someone else but won't be happy if we aren't spending

But how many strikers can finish like archer? Finishing is veey difficult.  I think archers game can be improved with some good coaching

With finishing i don't think thats coaching. You eithee have it or you dont

• Like 4

Just now, mikeyjavfc said:

In the Europa Conference League, eight squad places in list A are reserved for "locally trained players" or homegrown players, which are either: club-trained players on a club’s books for three years between the ages of 15 and 21, or association-trained players, who are on another club’s books in the same association for three years between the ages of 15 and 21.

No club can have more than four association-trained players among their eight locally trained players, meaning there must be at least four club-trained players. 

Amongst Villa's homegrown players, who have made appearances since last season, only Jacob Ramsey and Cameron Archer are club-trained players. While Jacob Ramsey is certain to be included in the squad, Emery must select another three club-trained players to use in his play-off and group stage squads.

Ramsey hasn't done less than Archer, Ramsey was already better than Archer last season in the Championship at an age when Archer was playing non-league football with Solihull, and Ramsey did way more at academy level as well with both us and England.

We might get a little more money for Archer, because teams will pay a premium for goal scorers, but if we add a buy-back-clause that will lower the price, my guess would be around fifteen million with buy-back, and round twenty million without buy-back.

7 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

They do. If we don't have 4 we can only name 21. But anyone under the age of 21 we can include regardless.

Fwiw Archer retains his club trained status if we sell him, so if we bought him back he becomes one of the 4 again and let's us name at least 22 (23 assuming JJ is still here)

Edited by MrBlack

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think it's an error.

Not sure what more Cam can do, remember he was playing for the under 21s into July and cut short his summer break to join up for pre season.

No way I can see Duran being a more effective backup this season. If Cam goes we need two new attackers given we're still a wide attacker light. People going on about 10 games or so in December, people genuinely think Ollie is going to start all of them?!

January of course can be a different story.

I think Emery can make the decision on which he would prefer to keep Duran or Archer

• Thanks 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

I think Emery can make the decision on which he would prefer to keep Duran or Archer

To me Duran is far more needed to go out and play 15-20 games somewhere. He's raw and I just can't see him being of required standard to potentially start 3-4 games in a row in say December if anything happens to Ollie.

I guess perhaps UE is viewing Archer in same way as Ings but let's not forget we needed Ings to start and score twice to beat Brighton in November when Ollie was ill I think and Bailey was unfit to start and that was a pretty important win as season went on.

Compared to most sides we still remain pretty light in final third imo especially as Bailey and Coutinho are very prone to picking up muscle injuries so they could be out for congested spells of the season.

Perhaps the plan is to sell Archer and sign someone like Brennan Johnson, we'll see.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But how many strikers can finish like archer? Finishing is veey difficult.  I think archers game can be improved with some good coaching

With finishing i don't think thats coaching. You eithee have it or you dont

Finishing isn’t everything, and archer hasn’t impressed much in pre season 

Full faith and trust in Unai… however he wants to build and organise this squad… it’s fine by me…  and it’s his first real opportunity to do so. He knows way, way more and better than any of us and has the track record to prove it…

Depending on our ambitions, the main/highest priority is not to develop our younger players (unfortunately for some). I get the impression that we want to genuinely challenge for honours and/or a higher standing… for that, we will need effective and impactful players in the squad that can really compete and genuinely threaten the opposition…

It’s exciting, if we’re going to be doing these sorts of deals… it will help us bring in better players while allowing these kids to develop elsewhere and we will have the opportunity to bring them back if and when they prove themselves and demonstrate that they can be capable and effective for us…

It just makes me wonder what players we are targeting to sign for the first team… feels like we are starting to act and conduct ourselves like a “big club”…

The whisper of the Aaron deal was always likely to be the shadow of things that will be also for our other youngsters not yet deemed ready for our first team but good enough to fetch a fee, a swear I wouldn't be surprised if Bogarde is sold this window as well, perhaps why he hasn't gone on loan yet. I just hope we have a buy-back in these sales to be, and it's structured in a way that even if the players change their mind and decide they don't want to return to us we still won't lose out.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

The whisper of the Aaron deal was always likely to be the shadow of things that will be also for our other youngsters not yet deemed ready for our first team but good enough to fetch a fee, a swear I wouldn't be surprised if Bogarde is sold this window as well, perhaps why he hasn't gone on loan yet. I just hope we have a buy-back in these sales to be, and it's structured in a way that even if the players change their mind and decide they don't want to return to us we still won't lose out.

How would that work then?

6 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Finishing isn’t everything, and archer hasn’t impressed much in pre season 

It iant but its 90% of being a striker 

Look at kane he can have absolute shit games where he rarely touches the ball yet gets one opportunity and wins spurs games himself. 

Â