Cameron Archer

Zatman

4 minutes ago, WHY said:

Play hardball for at least £20m imo. Liverpool got more than that for both Solanke and Brewster and they was years ago. Prices have gone up since then. The kid is a proven goalscorer! 

I was thinking surely we could've persuaded Luton to sign him for 20-25m or Sheffield after they lost Ndiaye.

Maybe we can try West Ham, they are having an abysmal transfer window lol

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Id have liked to have seen him given at least ubtil January to see if he can make it.

I think boro have made a really good bod hence why we are thinking to sell

If we get 20m for archer 

14m a ramsey thats 34m pure profit for ffp

20 million?

I am sure that would be the Championship record transfer ever. We wont be getting that

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I think boro have made a really good bod hence why we are thinking to sell

If we get 20m for archer 

14m a ramsey thats 34m pure profit for ffp

Roughly two years’ ticket sales. That’s a lot.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

20 million?

I am sure that would be the Championship record transfer ever. We wont be getting that

If aaron ramsey is going fir 14m ans he has donw a lot less than archer then why would we contemplate anything less. Maybe 16-17m with add ons but thats lowest id go

Just now, Demitri_C said:

If aaron ramsey is going fir 14m ans he has donw a lot less than archer then why would we contemplate anything less. Maybe 16-17m with add ons but thats lowest id go

Not to mention strikers, especially ones with a strike rate as good as cams, always bring with them a premium.

I don't see us selling him for less than we bought Jhon for. There'd be no point. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Ramsey has a higher ceiling than Archer and the buyback will be lowering our price on Ramsey.

Just now, Captain_Townsend said:

Am surprised we are thinking of selling Archer. Don't we need a quota of home grown players? 

This was what I was thinking for Europa. Ramsey, JPB, a 3rd choice keeper plus maybe Davis and Revan is all we have

• Like 1

Just now, MrBlack said:

Not to mention strikers, especially ones with a strike rate as good as cams, always bring with them a premium.

I don't see us selling him for less than we bought Jhon for. There'd be no point. 

We are not getting 20 million for him. We are more than likely selling him to the Championship we probably won't even get double figures

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Has a similar scoring rate to Tammy in the championship and the transfer talk around him was £25m.

£20m or if it’s less than that, a huge sell on fee. 

Also just putting this out there - if Michail Antonio (who barely gave a f*ck about the ECL half the time walking around) was scoring goals easily in that, with our team and Unai... Archers scoring 15 out of the group stages lol. Value sky rockets to 30-35m... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

This was what I was thinking for Europa. Ramsey, JPB, a 3rd choice keeper plus maybe Davis and Revan is all we have

No, it doesn’t work like that. Villa have six players who are fully expected to be included in their 25-man Premier League squad and also fit the homegrown quota. They are: Matty Cash, Ezri Konsa, Emi Martinez, Tyrone Mings, Ollie Watkins and Jacob Ramsey.

A homegrown player is a player who, irrespective of nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to The FA or the FA of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons before his 21st birthday.

In the Europa Conference League specifically, eight squad places in list A are reserved for "locally trained players" or homegrown players, which are either: club-trained players on a club’s books for three years between the ages of 15 and 21, or association-trained players, who are on another club’s books in the same association for three years between the ages of 15 and 21.

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

Also just putting this out there - if Michail Antonio (who barely gave a f*ck about the ECL half the time walking around) was scoring goals easily in that, with our team and Unai... Archers scoring 15 out of the group stages lol. Value sky rockets to 30-35m... 

one of the things i was looking to most in the conf league was seeing more or archer as i can expect him to start some games. the jury's out on duran at the moment.

i'll be surprised if archer goes this window. the only thing i can think of is that we've got a striker scouted and ready to pull the trigger on but we're hamstrung from an FFP perspective

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ogen said:

Ramsey has a higher ceiling than Archer and the buyback will be lowering our price on Ramsey.

On what basis does he have a higher ceiling? Nit saying ramsey isnt good but look at archers stats last two ywars in championship? Far more impressive 

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We are not getting 20 million for him. We are more than likely selling him to the Championship we probably won't even get double figures

There is no remote possibility of us selling him for under 10 million. That is not happening

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Why do you think we are getting 14m+add ons for Aaron Ramsey but wouldn't get even close to that for Archer? 

Either we will, or he isn't going 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Leeds bid £12m for Max Aarons who has been shite for years. We will easily get double figures for Archer. 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I’d keep him.

He will be of use in Europe, he has a good chance of getting on the scoresheet there. Homegrown quota.

See how he gets on across the season. If we think he’s alright but not quite where we’re at, he may be of interest to a newly promoted side in a years time. They could buy him with the assurance of knowing he’s capable of scoring in the championship should they be relegated.

If we’re not getting double figures/less than 15m for him I see little reason in selling.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

There's no way Monchi will accept £9 for Archer. Unless the buy back clause is £9.50.

• Haha 2

Â