Cameron Archer

Zatman

Just now, lexicon said:

That he can add more to his all-round game - which is the area he's lacking. 

He needs that from more minutes on the pitch in proper games. Basically lost six months of his development last season by being kept around but hardly played.

The bit I don't get is when people say they're o.k with Archer moving on....as we've got Duran in reserve. In what way is Duran more advanced in his game, certainly not in hold up play, goalscoring so to me that would be an error.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He needs that from more minutes on the pitch in proper games. Basically lost six months of his development last season by being kept around but hardly played.

The exact same could happen again 

10 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

The exact same could happen again 

I think he'd get decent sub minutes. Few games last season UE was happy to take Ollie off around 70th minute mark and put on Duran to see out games.

Start of last season he didn't even start the league cup game at Bolton and got 5-10 minutes v likes of West Ham and Forest so he really was feeding on scraps.

Can see him starting a few europa games, league cup and maybe the odd prem match to rest Ollie so up to January he will get more chances compared to 12 months ago.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The bit I don't get is when people say they're o.k with Archer moving on....as we've got Duran in reserve. In what way is Duran more advanced in his game, certainly not in hold up play, goalscoring so to me that would be an error.

Yeah and he could get 40 of them at least if he was first choice in the championship versus a handful of appearances here. 

18 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Yeah and he could get 40 of them at least if he was first choice in the championship versus a handful of appearances here. 

He's more than proven in the championship now so not really sure what worth that would have for him.

If in the next few weeks any of Everton, Sheffield United or even Wolves come in with offer of season long loan that's a completely different scenario.

• Like 2

Ideal scenario is throw him into the top flight somewhere else if we were going to loan him out. I think the general feeling is the championship is done and dusted for him now.

If he can get a season under his belt in France, Portugal or the Netherlands for example I feel that would really show he's ready, as he can handle a new environment and culture and still perform. 

As much as it would be good to get him into a different Prem team on loan, I do worry about the idea of that. If he does well then the liklihood is that they'll be able to convince him to stay with the loan club, as they've already proven they'll give him a chance at this level and help him perform. If he does badly, then you've got a player worth £10mil - £15mil currently and sent him somewhere for his price to tank and his confidence to take a kicking. At least a club in Europe means he's out of the eye of the British media unless he's doing well. 

I'm sure everyone here can name a bunch of British players that have done well in Europe recently, but you'd struggle to name any British players who are doing badly. 

I'd like to see what he can do staying at the club though. 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I think he'd get decent sub minutes. Few games last season UE was happy to take Ollie off around 70th minute mark and put on Duran to see out games.

Start of last season he didn't even start the league cup game at Bolton and got 5-10 minutes v likes of West Ham and Forest so he really was feeding on scraps.

Can see him starting a few europa games, league cup and maybe the odd prem match to rest Ollie so up to January he will get more chances compared to 12 months ago.

Also if we need a goal he can go up front with Ollie

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I think (and may be entirely wrong), Emery will have Duran as his first sub/backup striker with Archer after that. If that’s the case Archer may struggle for game time.

• Shocked 1

4 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Which lines are you reading between? What Emery said seems quite clear - Cam is staying. What have I missed?

I just thought when I first read it he was more affirmative with Duran than Archer, however upon second reading I may have misinterpreted these lines 😅

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7rscvwul6squt50k6u9

• Haha 1

Same as duran, for me you keep both of them and face them off against each other hoping that the competition brings out the best in both

Both completely different strikers so horses for courses you use them in different circumstances but say for example we get Colchester at home in the cup the right to start that game should be fierce in training

Loan one out after Xmas if it fails

One half Ollie, the other half Archer… I think that’s a good idea for these friendlies BUT let Archer play with the better/stronger players and show what he can really do… less of a need for Ollie to, we know what he can do but keep his fitness and sharpness up…

And let’s see what Cam could do in a “first team” game, in the way that he would come in for Ollie in important/regular games during the season…

Worth a shot…

• Like 2

Â