Cameron Archer

Zatman

Looking like Archer will indeed have a spot with the senior team this season with ECL mandating that each team roster four "club trained" players.

Which also means, Tim I., KKH and maybe A. Ramsey all make the team.

And it also means that Duran likely gets loaned out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Looking like Archer will indeed have a spot with the senior team this season with ECL mandating that each team roster four "club trained" players.

Jacob Ramsey, Sinisalo, plus two I'd reckon. 

13 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Not sure, according to this, they don't have to be trained by your own club, as long as it's a club in the same country? So off the top of my head, Martinez, Watkins, Konsa, Mings, Ramsey and Cash would all fit this criteria.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homegrown_Player_Rule_(UEFA)

UEFA defines locally-trained or 'homegrown' players as those who, regardless of their nationality, have been trained by their club or by another club in the same national association for at least three years between the ages of 15 and 21.

• Shocked 1

It’s four homegrown club players, so only Ramsey and Archer would qualify, all the other kids don’t need to be registered due to being young. It’s also not that you have to have four homegrown players, but that you reduce your squad number if you can’t fill the spots. So we’d end up having a 23 man squad, plus any under 21s. So realistically it’s not an issue. 

Also, Iroegbunam doesn’t qualify as being homegrown for us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Not sure, according to this, they don't have to be trained by your own club, as long as it's a club in the same country? So off the top of my head, Martinez, Watkins, Konsa, Mings, Ramsey and Cash would all fit this criteria.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homegrown_Player_Rule_(UEFA)

There’s separate rules for homegrown by country and homegrown by club. For a full Europa squad 8 homegrown players are required, of which at least 4 need to be home grown by the club 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

There’s separate rules for homegrown by country and homegrown by club. For a full Europa squad 8 homegrown players are required, of which at least 4 need to be home grown by the club 

Gotcha, apologies for the confusion.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

It’s four homegrown club players, so only Ramsey and Archer would qualify, all the other kids don’t need to be registered due to being young. It’s also not that you have to have four homegrown players, but that you reduce your squad number if you can’t fill the spots. So we’d end up having a 23 man squad, plus any under 21s. So realistically it’s not an issue. 

Will he by 2024 (assuming he's then been with us for three years between the ages of 18-21?) Or will he have had to be with us from a younger age?

45.02 No club may have more than 25 players on List A during the season. As a minimum, eight places are reserved exclusively for "locally trained players" and no club may have more than four "association-trained players" listed in these eight places on List A. List A must specify the players who qualify as being "locally trained", as well as whether they are "club-trained" or "association-trained". The possible combinations that enable clubs to comply with the List A requirements are set out in Annex H.
45.03 A "locally trained player" is either a "club-trained player" or an "association-trained player".
45.04 A "club-trained player" is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which he turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which he turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons (i.e. a period starting with the first official match of the relevant national championship and ending with the last official match of that relevant national championship) or of 36 months. In the context of this paragraph, the season immediately preceding a player’s 15th birthday may be counted if his birthday is after the last match of the relevant national championship but before or on 30 June (winter championships) or 31 December (summer championships), and the season immediately following his 21st birthday may be counted if his birthday is on or after 1 July (winter championships) or 1 January (summer championships) but before the first match of the relevant national championship.
45.05 An "association-trained player" is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which the player turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which the player turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with a club or with other clubs affiliated to the same association as that of his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons (i.e. a period starting with the first official match of the relevant national championship and ending with the last official match of that relevant national championship) or of 36 months. In the context of this paragraph, the season immediately preceding a player’s 15th birthday may be counted if his birthday is after the last match of the relevant national championship but before or on 30 June (winter championships) or 31 December (summer championships), and the season immediately following his 21st birthday may be counted if his birthday is on or after 1 July (winter championships) or 1 January (summer championships) but before the first match of the relevant national championship.
45.06 If a club has fewer than eight locally trained players in its squad, then the maximum number of players on List A is reduced accordingly.

From the UEFA regs…

So does it mean it doesn’t matter how old they are now providing they were with us for 3 years between age 15 and 21? Or do they have to be still between those ages now to qualify? 

35 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Will he by 2024 (assuming he's then been with us for three years between the ages of 18-21?) Or will he have had to be with us from a younger age?

I think because he’s been loaned out so technically won’t have been at the club for the required 3 years, not 100% sure though. But in theory you could buy a player at 18 and after 3 years they’d  become homegrown

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

From the UEFA regs…

So does it mean it doesn’t matter how old they are now providing they were with us for 3 years between age 15 and 21? Or do they have to be still between those ages now to qualify? 

Once they have attained homegrown status it’s permanent no matter how old they are, or even if they move clubs and then come back so for example if we re-signed Grealish he’d still be a homegrown club player for us

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Thats good news.  Wasnt overly impressed with duran i think a loan will do him a world of good. Archer will get a lot of game time with europe and domestic cups.

I also hope aaron ramsey is kept around too he looks very good too

Cant see kesler making it unfortunately 

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

This. It's a completely irrelevant thing other than having a slightly smaller squad for the ECL.

I'm expecting that Archer will be kept around this season to be added as an extra option in the early ECL stages, that effectively means he won't take up a space in the ECL squad as we've only got one or two others that qualify anyway. 

If we are seeking a goal to avoid going out against supposedly weaker opposition, I'd honestly back Archer to finish a chance better than Watkins. That's not to say I'd start him over Ollie in this games, but those throw off the dice calls might need someone like Cam.

Assumes that the second striker we sign to replace Bailey means we aren't buying an out and out striker alongside then.

On 22/06/2023 at 20:40, alreadyexists said:

I really hope he gets some minutes with the senior team this year, I think he’s good enough 

I think he will, as likelihood we need to keep him to meet homegrown rules for ECL.

• Like 1

Â