Cameron Archer

Zatman

What's the chance Watkins goes uninjured for another season. We've been incredibly lucky with him. Riding our luck in fact with the lack of back up. 

Archer will be here next season I'm certain. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Both right footed and like to play between the CBs so I don't think they'd make a good partnership. I don't know. 

I'd send Duran or Archer on Loan next season if we didn't get Europe 

Archer is borderline ambidextrous. His left foot is very competent.

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Very similar. 

Archer is a natural finisher. Making dangerous runs. Watkins isn't a natural finisher, and he doesn't make those dangerous runs.

See: Buendia playing with Ings VS Buendia playing with Watkins. Buendia would love to play behind Archer. And I'm not saying either of Ings or Archer give us more overall than Ollie.

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

Not sure he does rate him. If he did, surely he would not have sent him out on loan and left us so short up front.

He sent him out on loan before we sold Ings. If we had sold Ings sooner, we may not have sent him on loan. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Id rather we sold him and negotiated a buy back clause than loaned him out again

they never work unless your an elite team, he has no obligation to come back with the buy back clause

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I just know there's zero point loaning him out again.  He's either part of the first team squad next season or we sell. My choice Is the former 

I think we should consider loaning him out to a PL club where he would start games to give him PL experience and to see if he can produce also at the highest level.

34 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

So he now has a goal contribution every 78.5 minutes for Boro. Imagine him over a whole season. 

He would be one of the top scorers in the Championship. Unfortunately, with where we are going, we need top 8 PL strikers and we have no idea how close to that he can be. 

He's definitely no Keinan Davis and knows how to score in the 2nd tier. That's for sure.

We still need to buy a top striker though.

Edited by GlobalVillan

49 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Not sure he does rate him. If he did, surely he would not have sent him out on loan and left us so short up front.

And did Emery not say we would be in the market for top class striker in summer, or something along those words

He plays the same position as Ollie but his hold up play is poorer and his pressing isn’t as instinctive. 

It is an odd one. Clearly talented but behind an in form striker who is almost never injured. Really agree with those who say he will be in the squad if we’re in Europe but will be loaned out again if not. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

they never work unless your an elite team, he has no obligation to come back with the buy back clause

They never work? How many actually put them in place? If we were regularly qualifying for Europe, and we could guarantee him proper minutes, I'm sure he'd take that over being in a relegation battle.

Â