Cameron Archer

Zatman

I'd be happy to loan him to Boro again if they come up to give him a proper run of games in the Prem.  I do think the time is coming to start integrating him though sooner rather than later.  Selling should not be an option!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I'd be happy to loan him to Boro again if they come up to give him a proper run of games in the Prem.  I do think the time is coming to start integrating him though sooner rather than later.  Selling should not be an option!

Will depend if we get Euro or not. Bigger squad needed if we do, so Archer, Tim and maybe AJ could be kept around until Jan then reassess.

18 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

That for me makes the most logical sense and a caluse that he has to play x amount of games

He is massively over performing his xG and xAG which is a mild concern. Boro as a whole are scoring a lot more than their xG

I think Cam will be given the full time of pre season up to end of August deadline before a decision is made. 

If we sign 2 more players for attacking positions (I'm pretty certain we will) then Duran or Archer are surplus unless we've got Europe. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

He is massively over performing his xG and xAG which is a mild concern. Boro as a whole are scoring a lot more than their xG

I think Cam will be given the full time of pre season up to end of August deadline before a decision is made. 

If we sign 2 more players for attacking positions (I'm pretty certain we will) then Duran or Archer are surplus unless we've got Europe. 

So, he's just "lucky" 🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

Will depend if we get Euro or not. Bigger squad needed if we do, so Archer, Tim and maybe AJ could be kept around until Jan then reassess.

You don't get a bigger squad allowance if you get into Europe 😂

• Confused 1

I think getting a contract until 2027 means he is highly thought of,  pre season will be huge for him that'll be be when a decision is made whether he goes back out on loan or gets a place in the first team squad, hindsight is great but would be interesting to see his stats if he had been at Boro all season. I like how he is getting both goals and assists.

46 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He is massively over performing his xG and xAG which is a mild concern.

Can you explain your reasoning for this, please?

xG is based on history of other players. For example, a shot from the corner of the box might have an xG of 0.1 because one-in-ten of shots from that position have gone in. If Archer is knocking in them at a higher rate because he is clinical, his goals will exceed his xG.

So can you explain why is this a concern for you? It seems like great news to me!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Enda said:

Can you explain your reasoning for this, please?

xG is based on history of other players. For example, a shot from the corner of the box might have an xG of 0.1 because one-in-ten of shots from that position have gone in. If Archer is knocking in them at a higher rate because he is clinical, his goals will exceed his xG.

So can you explain why is this a concern for you? It seems like great news to me!

Every striker that scores goals in out perfomring its xG. its a rubbish Metrix that needs to be kicked out of Football for good. 

For example. Haaland is massively over performing his xG too. Any one who watched the game with their own eyes last night he could of easily had an hatrick.... 

image.png

• Like 2

Â