Cameron Archer

Zatman

6 hours ago, turvontour said:

Why? What's the benefit of him scoring 25 goals in the championship next season? If he had played every game for Middlesbrough all of this season, he could well have 20-25 goals.

25 goals in the championship = £30m pricetag

Guess with Watkins and Ings in the squad and the team struggling its understandable why Gerrard looked to his two more senior strikers but he could have been backup up to Watkins for the rest of the season and given Duran more time to adapt

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Refreshing lack of the word ceiling here: Would someone please think of the ceiling!! (apologies).

No sealing for Cam .  Kids got the lot  .  In all seriousness if you do the eye test he does indeed have everything . But its obvious he is missing a certain something in the eyes of managers and coaches at prem level. I really do not know what that is though 

When i watch him i see the things that are differentiators.  Plays with his head up. Completely 2 footed. Brilliant movement, And most importantly he isnt a lasher  . Watch his goals and he places them in the corner nearly all of the time. Shades of Harry Kane with how lethal he is. Shades of Michael Owen with how explosive he is . 

If we compare say him and Gabby then yes gabby was quicker . But Gabby had one real asset that was honed to perfection while his other skills were worked on.  Archer has got a really good breadth of skills already  .

I just hope that next time our manager does the eye test he sees that he is going to make it  

38 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

No sealing for Cam .  Kids got the lot  .  In all seriousness if you do the eye test he does indeed have everything . But its obvious he is missing a certain something in the eyes of managers and coaches at prem level. I really do not know what that is though 

When i watch him i see the things that are differentiators.  Plays with his head up. Completely 2 footed. Brilliant movement, And most importantly he isnt a lasher  . Watch his goals and he places them in the corner nearly all of the time. Shades of Harry Kane with how lethal he is. Shades of Michael Owen with how explosive he is . 

If we compare say him and Gabby then yes gabby was quicker . But Gabby had one real asset that was honed to perfection while his other skills were worked on.  Archer has got a really good breadth of skills already  .

I just hope that next time our manager does the eye test he sees that he is going to make it  

He has got everything required to get goals but doesn't get involved in the game outside of the box, the opposite to Watkins, combine the two and you have one hell of a player..

Apparently Archer has some swelling around his ankle, he might be out for tonight's game but doesn't sound too serious. Middlesbrough fans also say that Carrick has form for hinting at players being out but then they play, so wondering if he might be playing 'mind games'.

Hopefully Ramsey will be fit soon, as of last week he was taking part in possession and passing drills with the other MIddlesbrough players, so can't be too far away, will be good to see him and Archer link up at some point.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He’s been excellent, hold up play on point, he’s rapid and he’s had a number of good touches to bring players into things. 

Had one run where he made the wrong decision but he’s learning. 

I’ve always wondered how fast he is. Can’t remember seeing his pace much in action. Glad to hear he has it though!

8 minutes ago, Farlz said:

It’s still absolutely criminal that he was barely given the slightest of chances with us during the first half of this season.

There is a degree of hindsight about this but absolutely agree. We're back into the way it used to be more or less now, where we aren't going down or getting into Europe, and still our best prospects can't find a path into the first team. So frustrating.

Â