Cameron Archer

Zatman

Every time I look at Google news there's yet another non-story in the media trying to palm Archer off to another team. 

Olbiyun was laughable but now its Glasgow Rangers. Who makes this shit up? 

• Like 1

On 20/07/2022 at 18:42, Tomaszk said:

He needs to keep showing off that all-round game. Very impressed today. Was in the thick of everything.

You can't be a poacher in the PL anymore, those days are gone. Show the boss you've got the game to play from the off.

Isn’t Watkins a poacher?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Not ready to be #3 yet in the Prem. Better off going on loan for a full season and us getting a proper striker in

More than ready to be the third striker especially if we are playing 1 up top. Saves us having to get another striker in

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Not ready to be #3 yet in the Prem. Better off going on loan for a full season and us getting a proper striker in

He was in a good position to score a few times but didn't receive the ball. 

• Like 3

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

More than ready to be the third striker especially if we are playing 1 up top. Saves us having to get another striker in

As 3rd choice he might be fine. He's better than say Samatta as our only option. But he's not going to develop with 5 minutes cameos, better off on loan and coming back next year to challenge when we may be able to sell Ings

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

As 3rd choice he might be fine. He's better than say Samatta as our only option. But he's not going to develop with 5 minutes cameos, better off on loan and coming back next year to challenge when we may be able to sell Ings

I am just greedy and want all our youth players in the squad. I honestly don't think Gerrard knows whats best for him yet, especially with 5 subs. I think that he would get last 30 minutes most weeks because he is so sharp

23 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I prefer Archer to Ings, who is just seems to be past his best.

Yep theres a lot of talk about Watkins but Ings was right off the pace in that first half. 

• Like 1

Just got back from the PNE game and they miss Archer so much. Lowe has got them playing great football and him and Gerrard are good friends. 

We'd be silly not to send a player or 2 over to them for regular game-time in a team playing good football. 

They're set in CM and CB, whoever moves for LB / LWB will be backup. I'd get Kesler-Hayden out there for 6 months - I don't think we have a striker that suits them now. Archer should fight for a place here potentially, but his growth has been great within that side and set-up last season so it would be a shame to break that up for him to get scraps of game-time when form and fitness of Ings and Watkins allow him minutes. 

Barry and Young (or any other striker on our books I've forgotten) wouldn't be good enough and Davis needs to leave permanently. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Just got back from the PNE game and they miss Archer so much. Lowe has got them playing great football and him and Gerrard are good friends. 

We'd be silly not to send a player or 2 over to them for regular game-time in a team playing good football. 

They're set in CM and CB, whoever moves for LB / LWB will be backup. I'd get Kesler-Hayden out there for 6 months - I don't think we have a striker that suits them now. Archer should fight for a place here potentially, but his growth has been great within that side and set-up last season so it would be a shame to break that up for him to get scraps of game-time when form and fitness of Ings and Watkins allow him minutes. 

Barry and Young (or any other striker on our books I've forgotten) wouldn't be good enough and Davis needs to leave permanently. 

No doubt if Gerard doesn't see him get game time with us he'll be straight back to Preston. 

Thing is, he's knocking on the door so will be given a chance here before the loan decision is made. 

On 21/07/2022 at 22:40, rjw63 said:

Every time I look at Google news there's yet another non-story in the media trying to palm Archer off to another team. 

Olbiyun was laughable but now its Glasgow Rangers. Who makes this shit up? 

You answered your question in your first paragraph.

On 20/07/2022 at 23:51, Tom13 said:

Tammy wasn't even a natural finisher (IMO of course). I still don't understand how he scores so many. I've never known anyone score so many goals, yet so rarely strike the ball cleanly 🤣

Tammy scores so many because his movement and anticipation gets him 4/5 chances a game. Archer looks like he has similar attributes in that his movement will get him a few more chances than Watkins. 

That for me is Ollie’s biggest failing that he doesn’t get across defenders in the box like Archer does. 

The youngsters like Archer who are close to first team reckoning I’d keep here for the first part of the season and then re-asses. With the World Cup break I think we can be more relaxed in terms of sending players out on loan.

• Like 2

Id start him against Bournemouth. Watkins and the ever frustrating Ings (thought he was great before us, standard villa) are just not doing it. Archer is sharp, put him in and let the England internationals earn their place back on merit. Gerrard won't obviously because I'm not sure he has the balls to drop those two just yet.

Supported by Emi, Courtinho, Baily etc he's going to score, he's a perfect striker for the eye of the needle type of passers, I see him as far superior movement to Watkins, not so much Ings but he's clearly lost a yard and a bit of sharpness (movement used to be his bread and butter), which he can get back, but why not play the kid who's been banging goals in for fun. 

I'm sure Watkins will start. But I'd put Archer in and show the team that you play well you start. (Doesn't apply to Emi apparently)

Imagine the confidence boost for the lad, given the nod in our first game of the season. 

Â